Azealia Banks | Bullying | News

Azealia Banks Is 'Really Not As Moved' By Backlash As You Want Her To Be

Morebanks

Last night, after calling Perez Hilton a "messy faggot," among other things, on Twitter, singer Azealia Banks offered to those offended, minus Hilton, the most "sincere apologies" that can possibly be broadcast through a public social media.

She slept on it, though, and apparently Banks is feeling more cynical about the whole thing, tweeting this morning, "[I'm] Really not as moved by this f word thing as u all want me to be. As a bisexual person I knew what I meant when I used that word." And, one suspects, the kind of reaction it would invite.

Comments

1. "I don't agree with her use of the F-word, but to be fair, she was not using it to attack Perez as a gay man."

Nonsense. Look at the tweets before she said f*ggot:

"@PerezHilton does your butthole whistle? Like is your butthole so stretched and raggedy the air whistles when you move?"

Got it? She directly attacked his sexuality, his feminine qualities, etc. So, to those saying "She's watched Paris is Burning!" What kind of ballroom fan knows that culture and thinks it's ok to insult and attack feminine men?

Next excuse?

Posted by: theo | Jan 5, 2013 8:14:04 PM

2. Don't worry. The talentless little darling shall soon wither away, petal by petal, like the flower for which she is named. How nice of Towleroad to give free publicity to such an untalented piece of cowabunga.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 5, 2013 8:48:58 PM

3. you don't write a blog about the use of the n word used daily in the music world and on blogs but you offended when they use the f word... azealia made that point and i agree 100 percent

Posted by: truth is | Jan 5, 2013 11:23:05 PM

4. Who is this person?

Posted by: Randy | Jan 6, 2013 1:22:41 AM

5. I don't care if she is bisexual or not. Her language was still offensive. I mean, Perez is nasty but she shouldn't have attacked his sexuality. There were so many other ways to attack Perez and come out looking good instead she does this.

Posted by: C. Luv | Jan 6, 2013 1:47:40 AM

6. its really wretched to read the hateful words. A lot of you commenters have written about Ms. Banks. Attacking her sexuality, claiming that her bisexuality is faux or deception, is just as hateful as using the word "faggot". The fact that you can't even write the word is telling of how much power and energy you give to its hateful definitions. You all need to move on. She has apologized to all offended with the exception of Mr. Hilton, who has time and time again hurled offensive words at others. Move on People, move on.

Posted by: mister faggot | Jan 6, 2013 4:07:30 AM

7. What can be said about a site "with homosexual tendencies" that freely posts the awful word "faggot" but refrains from posting the awful word " ni$$er"? I cant even spell it correctly because you are so PC in one case but not in the other.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 6, 2013 9:00:06 AM

8. Is the word "faggot" any less hateful than the word " ni$$er"? Why can I spell out one hateful word and not the other?

Posted by: andrew | Jan 6, 2013 9:04:06 AM

9. Towleroad: This question demands a thoughtful response, if you are to be taken seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: andrew | Jan 6, 2013 9:08:11 AM

10. It amazes me how black bigots can say things that we would rightfully tar and feather white bigots for.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 6, 2013 9:27:56 AM

11. It worked! Now I know who this woman is. My life will never be the same.

Posted by: John Freeman | Jan 6, 2013 11:50:01 AM

12. The messy c*nt keeps getting messier and messier. Critique of my comment based on objectionable terminology? Aka, double standards for "civility in public discourse." Civility in public discourse really is a two-way street and always has been.

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Jan 6, 2013 12:10:02 PM

13. I used to really like Azaelia Banks but now that I think of it I guess I wasn't really as moved by her as I thought. Ciao.

Posted by: jeff | Jan 6, 2013 10:27:23 PM