Beyoncé | News | Super Bowl

Beyoncé Sings the National Anthem Live and A Cappella: VIDEO

Sb_beyonce

Beyoncé started her Super Bowl press conference today by putting to rest any doubts that she could sing the National Anthem live.

"Any questions?"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

P.S. - She also admitted she sang over a recorded track at the inauguration.

Comments

1. Bow to the one true Queen all you silly faux-queens.

Posted by: JA | Jan 31, 2013 9:34:00 PM

2. Bow to the one true Queen all you silly faux-queens.

Posted by: JA | Jan 31, 2013 9:34:04 PM

3. Have we overlooked the obvious?

I find it rather odd that she can quickly whip out this OK version for a stunt press conference but somehow could not quite do it for the inauguration where it really counted.

OK, she's got talent, but that was simply unprofessional and a very bad decision. Almost like saying "I can do this whenever I want, I just didn't want to do it THAT day."

Posted by: johnny | Jan 31, 2013 11:08:41 PM

4. Meh.
    I'm over her but nearly not as much as Rihanna.

Posted by: Corki | Jan 31, 2013 11:19:33 PM

5. She's hella better tha Rihanna. Why does RiRi who has ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO talent get hyped and beyonce trashed? Rihanna is the most fake manufactured 'talent' by music execs to come out since Mandy Moorre. She is the one who we should be blasting.

Posted by: IonMusic | Jan 31, 2013 11:20:40 PM

6. Sick of the beyonce over hyping. Blah. Go away already.

Posted by: Klien | Jan 31, 2013 11:21:05 PM

7. Now I realize why she lip sings.
    Yikes.

Posted by: Amy | Jan 31, 2013 11:22:24 PM

8. Why would she do this? This is ridiculous, and so obvious and transparent that's it's not even cute. Why would her handlers have her do this? I'm a fan. but she's so much better than this publicity stunt.

Posted by: Morkalos | Jan 31, 2013 11:24:56 PM

9. That was lame. She could have just as easily waited for a few days and sung live and done that.
    Everything about the music industry these days seems like a calculating ploy. Nothing seems genuine at all!

Posted by: Greg Cali | Jan 31, 2013 11:25:50 PM

10. She can sing alright...I just don't like that kind of belting. Any questions, ha ha!

Posted by: excy | Feb 1, 2013 2:24:03 AM

11. I generally think Beyonce is amazing but I can't say I liked her interpretation here. Nice joke at the end though!

Posted by: Cburg | Feb 1, 2013 3:15:03 AM

12. I like the "bad lip reading" version much better :)

Posted by: Tab | Feb 1, 2013 5:51:46 AM

13. sang over a recorded track? did she lip synch or not?

Posted by: t | Feb 1, 2013 5:57:34 AM

14. If I pay to see her in concert, I want to hear her sing live. If it's singing at the inauguration, who cares? She was concerned she wouldn't be able to do the song justice, so she had help. It's only a big deal because people make it one. It won't be remembered 20 years from now. Get over it.

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 1, 2013 8:24:23 AM

15. Ugh. N*gger music.

Posted by: Sixtwenty | Feb 1, 2013 9:48:06 AM

16. I have NEVER understood the hate and bitterness this woman gets. She can sing, she can dance, she's a decent actress. In terms of stage performers, she's untouchable when compared to her peers, maybe with Pink as the exception. She's never had any annoying controversies, bar this lip-syncing crap, which is a non-issue. And for the most part, she's kept her life fairly private and tried to maintain a semblance of class in this industry... which this day and age is unheard of. And for the most part, she makes very solid pop and R&B music.

What has she done that is SOOOO bad? I just don't understand it. I dread the day when the music industry is full of nothing but Ke$ha's and Lady Gaga's... at least Beyonce is bringing a little bit of true showmanship to the table. Rather than trash and hyped up publicity stunts.

Posted by: BEAHBEAH | Feb 1, 2013 10:01:11 AM

17. "Ugh. N*gger music."

The National Anthem? What a stupid Archie Bunker type homosexual you are.

And don't tell me you meant her singing and not the song. You should have thought about that before you posted your idiotic articulating of your idiotic thought.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 1, 2013 10:07:46 AM

18. Ugh, white supramcy.

Posted by: Carlie | Feb 1, 2013 10:30:17 AM

19. I don't understand all the hate...I was in the room with her yesterday when she said that. It was a striking and hilarious way to show that she was putting one controversy behind her and moving on to her next endeavors. The general consensus of the room was "total bad ass."

Posted by: SEB | Feb 1, 2013 11:19:47 AM

20. I am not a fan!! The National Anthem should be sung as written. It is not a jazz piece,a be-bop piece or a diva scream piece. It should be sung as written. Not histronics,no screaming notes and certainly not as how she sang it. It was awful!!!

Posted by: W&D | Feb 1, 2013 2:25:25 PM

21. I don't see what's the big deal about her using a prerecorded track when A LOT of artists do it.

Posted by: Kahoko | Feb 1, 2013 2:46:57 PM

22. @BEAHBEAH I totally agree with you! I don't get all the hate either but it's a free country. She proved beyond a shadow of a doubt she can sing The National Anthem and did it with class and sass;"Any questions?!" at the end was brilliant! Diva!

Posted by: Ron | Feb 1, 2013 3:05:07 PM

23. Come on, you sad people. You criticized her and called her a hack for lip-synching. She just proved to you that it wasn't for any lack of actual talent, and now you're whining about her being "obnoxious, self-obsessed and childish"? Who's childish when you guys refused to let her breathe over what was still HER VOICE? You talk about irrational hatred from the bigots and then relish being bitchy to others. Shame on you.

Posted by: Deee! | Feb 2, 2013 12:27:33 AM