Crime | Football (American) | I'm Gay | Kwame Harris | News

Former NFL Player Kwame Harris Charged with Attacking Ex-Boyfriend

Kwame Harris, a former offensive tackle for the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders, was scheduled to appear in court today on charges he attacked his ex-boyfriend in a dispute over soy sauce and underwear, the Daily Journal reports:

HarrisHarris, 30, is charged with felony counts of domestic violence causing great bodily injury and assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury in the Aug. 21, 2012 incident. He has pleaded not guilty but was held to answer after a preliminary hearing last fall. He is due back in court today for a pretrial conference to either settle the case or confirm a jury trial hearing.

The man, Dimitri Geier, is also suing Harris civilly for assault, battery, false imprisonment, negligence and both intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

Harris and Geier were no longer involved when the fight took place, according to Harris' attorney:

Harris was to drive Geier to San Francisco International Airport but instead became upset when he poured soy sauce on a plate of rice, according to the suit filed in San Mateo County Superior Court. The men argued for approximately seven minutes and Harris said he would no longer take Geier to the airport, the suit states.

As the men left to remove Geier’s belongings from Harris’ car so that he could instead take a cab, Harris tried pulling the other man’s pants down and accused him of stealing his underwear, according to the suit.  Geier unsuccessfully tried pushing Harris away but the bigger man shook him violently and punched him in the arms, the suit states.

Harris was arrested at his home following the fight, which sent Geier to the ER.

Harris' attorney says his client was acting in self-defense and claims Geier's suit is an attempt at extortion.

Harris has never publicly said he is gay.

Comments

1. Little Kiwi's strategy of doing a parody of Rick on this blog is appropriate and effective. Why? Because Rick's beliefs are f.cking evil. Not just right-wing, White supremacist and misogynistic, but plain evil. His beliefs hurt people--hurt Gay people.

The only way to counter Rick's comments is to ridicule those comments-- to point out the absurdity of what he believes. The idea of some "masculine movement" to undue the "culture of effeminacy". He's full o' pure sh.t. Fifty-four years old and talkin' such sh.t. He oughtta' be preparing for the graveyard (or crematory) instead of trying to make Gay men feel bad about being themselves.

I can't go after Rick the way Little Kiwi does because I do have some of the "stereotypically queeny" traits that Rick rants about. Traits that I actually like about me(and have paid the penalty for ). But Rick ridicules and insults Gay folks in general. Haven't y'all noticed that?

Little Kiwi's parodies of Rick illustrate what is at the core of Rick's philosophy: hypocrisy, racism and intense hate.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 29, 2013 11:14:07 AM

2. Who is Kwame Harris boyfriend in Domestic Violence Attack? Find out here!!! http://slimcelebrity.com/celebrity-athletes/who-is-kwame-harris-boyfriend-in-domestic-violence-attack-photos/#more-6846

Posted by: Sophie | Jan 29, 2013 11:34:33 AM

3. I'm surprised at how some here think this is funny. Yeah. I get it. Soy sauce and underwear. Funny. But, the part about Harris beating the guy up? Not so funny. Guess some y'all have never experienced such a thing. Ain't funny. Not at all.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 29, 2013 12:38:16 PM

4. Soy sause is soooooooo gay.

Posted by: Dawson | Jan 29, 2013 12:59:41 PM

5. This is how the fight started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QTlcW-hA0g (start at 6:43)

Posted by: Ruddigore | Jan 29, 2013 1:57:10 PM

6. His boyfriend's linkedin:

Posted by: simon | Jan 29, 2013 2:19:36 PM

7. I met Kwame once at a Super Bowl party here in San Francisco. He was quite nice, friendly, and unassuming. He is also extremely attractive and huge. He is not closeted but rather is open with his friends about being gay. Hopefully this story is not true.

Posted by: DB | Jan 29, 2013 2:21:28 PM

8. CTE, anyone?

Posted by: Rich | Jan 29, 2013 3:17:11 PM

9. Derrick From Philly: Don't be surprised if after getting in bed with Little Kiwi, you wake up with fleas. How far does your tolerance of Little Kiwi's hateful and vile posts go? Do you approve of the posts where he talks about Rick rimming his father? All is not fair in love and war and Kiwi does more harm to progressive causes than morons like Rick are ever capable of doing. Kiwi is a psycho

Posted by: andrew | Jan 29, 2013 3:59:10 PM

10. as long as pathetic grown-adult and anonymous trolls spew their misery and hate from a place of cowardice, there will be those who live their lives unafraid who will call out their shameful idiocy.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 29, 2013 4:08:45 PM

11. Thank God it wasn't over something as serious as squeezing the toothpaste from the middle of the tube.

Posted by: Dee Vee | Jan 29, 2013 5:13:00 PM

12. Hello, I am Lilian, I want to share my testimony with all of you. Prof. lala gave me the possibility to start my new and happy life with John. The commitment and Marriage spells worked beyond my imagination. I am now happily married to john after a terrible heartbreak with my ex-boyfriend. Contact Prof. lala now on Email:lalapumena@gmail.com

Lilian,

USA

Posted by: Joel | Mar 13, 2013 11:11:48 AM

13. Hello,everyone my name is Lilian from Canada i never ever believed in spell until i meet a man called Dr lala who help me cast a spell that bring back my ex-lover who left me for two years before our marriage,His spells works beyond my imaginations and today i am happily married with two kids and me and my [ex-lover] now husband are very happy more than ever before,what more can i say rather than to say thank you Dr lala for been there for me,contact him today and your life will never ever remain the same his email is lalapumena@gmail.com

Posted by: yesterday | Mar 13, 2013 11:13:10 AM