Gabrielle Giffords | Guns | News

BigGayDeal.com

Former Rep. Gabby Giffords Tells Senate Panel 'We Must Do Something' About Gun Violence: VIDEO

Giffords

With the assistance of her husband Mark Kelly, Gabby Giffords traveled to D.C. to deliver a profoundly powerful opening statement at the Senate Judiciary Committee's hearing on gun violence.

Said Giffords:

"Thank you for inviting me here today. This is an important conversation for our children, for our communities, for Democrats and Republicans. Speaking is difficult, but I need to say something important. Violence is a big problem. Too many children are dying. Too many children. We must do something. It will be hard, but the time is now. You must act. Be bold, be courageous. Americans are counting on you. Thank you."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. @Lil' C*unt,

How many people, HOW MANY CHILDREN no less, have been murdered, mostly by illegal firearms, in just a handful of American urban areas over say the last 6 months? How many of the victims were 'minority'? How many of the perps were 'minority'? What's the percentage [check the FBI and DOJ crime statistics and individual city homicide maps] of 'old white guys with guys' [or anything else who commit murders vs say young black males? This is real easy,Lil' C*unt... even you can figure it out. Though of course you're also dishonest and disingenuous.

How many murders occurred today in America, a country of 315 million plus people? Anybody want to guess where most of those murders occurred and who and why they were committed? C'mon...it's a sucker's bet.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 30, 2013 3:55:58 PM

2. 'Old white guys with guys' ... FREUDIAN SLIP or just a typo?

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 30, 2013 3:57:35 PM

3. And how many innocent white men are killed from bottoming for big black penises, like my father? An innocent man is gone because black men penetrated him too roughly. And the worst part is that I know he doesn't miss me one bit.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 30, 2013 4:06:27 PM

4. We could start with actually punishing criminals and making bribery a crime again so people can't buy off government officials to have them drop charges!

Posted by: Garst | Jan 30, 2013 5:29:31 PM

5. Kiwi - because the Constitution says that the right of the people (individual people) to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. I know that doesn't mean anything in Canada because you don't have a constitution, but we do. You can pass a law that takes away your rights. Our civil rights are protected and considered unalienable.

Posted by: David Hearne | Jan 30, 2013 10:11:41 PM

6. Suicide is irrelevant. Notice how the lying liars like to blur definitions? They come up with BS like "gun deaths" or "gun violence". Another of their favorites is "food insecurity" and "undocumented workers". Seriously, I can't believe that the media is stupid enough to use these terms.

Posted by: David Hearne | Jan 30, 2013 10:16:53 PM

7. She is amazing. Time to do away with guns, now.

Posted by: Reality | Jan 30, 2013 11:34:08 PM

8. @ Ratbastard - do you ever get the feeling that you're pissing into the wind? I've tried for two months to make the very same points you've made here, as well as advancing several very do-able, Constitutionally adherent, and effective proposals for regulation. Most of the responses I've gotten are the usual blind, barking at the dog-whistle bullsh*t that LittleKiwi is famous for, or the blind emotional "I don't want an intelligent discussion of the violence issue, I just want my candy and I WANT IT NOW" hit-the-panic-button like we see from everyone - Mrs. Giffords included - who say we must "DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!" What I want to know is, when are Kiwi, Giffords, half of MSNBC and the majority of the Beltway talking heads going to come out from behind the corpses of these children and have an intelligent, scientifically relevant, factually based conversation with those of us who refuse to follow like the rest of the sheep?

*Cue the Kiwi mindless vitriolic rant in 3...2...1...*