I'm Gay | Matt Dallas | News

'Kyle XY' Actor Matt Dallas Comes Out, Tweets Photo of Fiancé

Dallas

Kyle XY actor Matt Dallas tweeted last night, along with a snapshot (below):

"Starting off the year with a new fiancé, @bluehamilton. A great way to kick off 2013!"

Blue Hamilton is an independent musician based in Los Angeles. Dallas has been seen with him before.

A music video from Hamilton, AFTER THE JUMP...

Congrats to Dallas on finally deciding to live his truth. And, if you missed our year's end wrap-up, check out our list of the '50 Most Powerful Coming Outs of 2012'. Will 2013 be bigger?

Blue_hamilton

Md

Comments

1. Just the other day I had a Kathy Griffith: My life on the D-List rerun on in the background and suddenly Lance Bass and Matt Dallas appeared on the screen. My first thought was ...my God whatever happened to Matt Dallas?

So here he is!

That scene in Entourage was engaging at the time - now it seems over the top.

Posted by: Fahd | Jan 7, 2013 12:03:27 PM

2. I actually saw this on Twitter but thought it was a photo of himself with his dog, and thus thought he was making a joking reference about being single. In fairness, I was just waking up and still half asleep.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Jan 7, 2013 12:05:24 PM

3. I actually saw this on Twitter but thought it was a photo of himself with his dog, and thus thought he was making a joking reference about being single. In fairness, I was just waking up and still half asleep.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Jan 7, 2013 12:05:26 PM

4. Rumors had swirled him for years. He was basically living in a glass closet.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 7, 2013 12:15:18 PM

5. I can't be the only one who's called him Kyle KY for years...

Posted by: Tessie Tura | Jan 7, 2013 12:15:52 PM

6. Can we put a moratorium on the phrase "live his truth"? It sounds stupid and grammatically incorrect.

Posted by: Eddie | Jan 7, 2013 12:34:48 PM

7. it's ok if some of you have never heard of him - his show was targeted to the young'uns. thus, he's now inspired more young people to actually live their truths.

kudos. welcome to the brotherhood.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 7, 2013 12:39:17 PM

8. Happy that he decided to come out. Though we did have some evidence. http://youtu.be/Vwho8GZyKK8

Posted by: CD | Jan 7, 2013 12:46:43 PM

9. Years ago, right around the time XY came out, a guy I know claimed Matt Dallas had spent the weekend at his house, f*cking around with my friend and my friend's boyfriend. I never knew whether to believe the guy or not, but apparently he was telling the truth.

Welcome to the club, Matt Dallas!

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 7, 2013 12:49:56 PM

10. Never heard of him. Good looking guy though.

Posted by: danswon | Jan 7, 2013 12:53:39 PM

11. Exactly what does it mean by "live his truth?" Was he living a lie before? By all accounts, he was out anyway. He just, as a professional actor, didn't only play gay roles. So what?

Posted by: J Y | Jan 7, 2013 12:56:28 PM

12. He was the only reason to watch that show...

Posted by: Michael Graye | Jan 7, 2013 1:05:09 PM

13. The hypocrisy of some comments never ceases to amaze. Some of you deride celebrities for being in the closet, then deride them just as harshly when they come out.

Oh, and I too could live without the phrase "live his truth." It sounds like something a weird Christian would say apropos of nothing.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 7, 2013 1:44:47 PM

14. When I said "I am torn..." I was, I think, recalling that he had denied his gayness in the past. I didn't research it -- I just kind-of remembered it -- which is why I suspected it could be a hoax. I meant him no disrespect and I said if it wasn't a joke, they deserve congratulations. This is neither hypocritical nor hypercritical -- it is just using what is "common knowledge" (that he did deny being gay) with a healthy dose of skepticism. Those of you who think this is hypocritical should go look up the word because it doesn't mean what you appear to think it does.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Jan 7, 2013 2:02:38 PM

15. He did live a lie before coming out. He claimed to be straight in an interview with Howard Stern. Then Perez Hilton outed him.

Posted by: simon | Jan 7, 2013 2:17:51 PM

16. Taylor Lautner...come out, come out wherever you are.

Posted by: RK | Jan 7, 2013 2:27:36 PM

17. Him coming out is not a big surprise, but a fiance is a very nice surprise.

I loved Kyle XY and he was great in it. I still lament the loss of that show, before it had time to wrap up its story. It was a nice, LGBT friendly show, too.

Posted by: Ryan | Jan 7, 2013 2:46:57 PM

18. Perhaps fiance was in quotes because it's not quite as much of a fiance as straight people get when you live in a state where it's still illegal for you to marry the person you love? I swear, some of you drama queens really need to untwist your panties.

My warmest congratulations to Matt and Blue!

Posted by: Sean | Jan 7, 2013 3:31:26 PM

19. The YouTube video has been set to private, but it's still available on Vimeo

Posted by: Ken | Jan 7, 2013 3:52:52 PM

20. I must first admit that I am of a certain age. In my day, people were in or they were out. Just as heterosexual men kiss today -- things have changed. I live in Los Angeles and there are numerous well known actors and executives who are gay, are not in the closet, but just have not taken the time to issue some sort of press announcement. Part of the denials or lack of acknowledgements are simply a concern for privacy and a need to stay away from the circus of today's celebrity press. I applaud his way of making this public -- he is now engaged -- to a man. No cover stories, no interviews, no public relations campaigns. Not a big deal -- at least for L.A.

Posted by: turing's ghost | Jan 7, 2013 3:54:59 PM

21. I'm also waiting for "live [his, her, my, their] truth" to lose currency. It sounds like a phrase out of a third-rate pop psychology paperback, and it screams narcissism.

Posted by: Profe Sancho Panza | Jan 7, 2013 3:57:14 PM

22. @RONNY: Thank you. I was trying to figure out what the complain was from some of the posters here regarding "quotes". Some people who come to TW get their panties in a bunch about ANYTHING.

Lighten up, "girlfriends".

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 7, 2013 4:32:18 PM

23. @TURING'S GHOST - Not sure I agree with you that "In my day, people were in or they were out." I've been arguably 'out' for 27 years, but in my day (and I dare say it was like this long before me), coming out was a process. First my Mom, then a few close friends, then new college friends, then a few more family members, then new gay friends, then the rest of my family, then coworkers, and eventually everyone. That was a process that occurred over about two years, which was a rather fast process compared to many people I knew. Not sure why it should be any different for celebrities like Matt Dallas.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Jan 7, 2013 4:44:02 PM

24. Where is this giant list of male celebrities that EVERYONE knows are gay? I hadn't heard a single gay rumor about Dallas. To be fair I guess I wasn't looking. Until Taylor Lautner, Joseph Gordon-Levitt or whoever else is the "hottest" actor in Hollywood actually comes out I just assume they are straight. Pick the 10 hottest guys you can think of and type their names into Google and the second suggestion is usually "Is so-and-so gay?". When one comes out everyone jumps on the "I always knew!" bandwagon. From what I have read Dallas was mostly outed by Perez Hilton in a vile manner.

Posted by: Mo | Jan 7, 2013 5:03:53 PM

25. The music video has been made private. Was it that terrible?

Posted by: Randy | Jan 7, 2013 5:12:51 PM