I'm Gay | Matt Dallas | News

'Kyle XY' Actor Matt Dallas Comes Out, Tweets Photo of Fiancé

Dallas

Kyle XY actor Matt Dallas tweeted last night, along with a snapshot (below):

"Starting off the year with a new fiancé, @bluehamilton. A great way to kick off 2013!"

Blue Hamilton is an independent musician based in Los Angeles. Dallas has been seen with him before.

A music video from Hamilton, AFTER THE JUMP...

Congrats to Dallas on finally deciding to live his truth. And, if you missed our year's end wrap-up, check out our list of the '50 Most Powerful Coming Outs of 2012'. Will 2013 be bigger?

Blue_hamilton

Md

Comments

1. I would like to see the video. Where is it?

Posted by: Travis | Jan 7, 2013 6:51:04 PM

2. There were hateful comments on YT video.I also lots of antigay comments on sites like USWeekly.com.Dang people it is 2013.

Posted by: Kim | Jan 7, 2013 8:23:12 PM

3. I always wanted Matt Dallas to be gay. Huge crush! My gaydar was going off the charts when I saw him too. Good for him and his fiance!

Posted by: Javier | Jan 7, 2013 9:27:23 PM

4. Umm great!

Posted by: Marky | Jan 7, 2013 9:31:04 PM

5. YYEAH! Very happy for them. But who are they?

Posted by: FunMe | Jan 7, 2013 11:09:16 PM

6. Damn! I keep forgetting that these stars stay in the closet sooooo long! So long that I missed out on saying that I was his first. :-)

Posted by: Rich | Jan 8, 2013 12:42:46 AM

7. A "new" fiance? How many has he had? Lucky guy!

Posted by: Guy | Jan 8, 2013 1:28:45 AM

8. I had such a big crush on Matt Dallas. I am so happy for both of them. I hope people realize that when you do pictures, actors sometimes have to sign an agreement that they will not reveal their true sexual orientation. If Matt had come right out and said, "Oh yeah, I am gay.", he may have been sued for breach of contract. Congratulations to both.

Posted by: Bill Michael | Jan 8, 2013 6:39:06 AM

9. CAN you imagine Howard Stern forcing you to come out of the closet? Nobody's gonna decide when they're gonna out some gay guy they dont even know. For those people who say closets are "Cowards" you dont know anything. Anyways. I love Matt Dallas, he became my #1 crush back then watching kylexy. And I almost fell of my chair from excitement when I saw it on the news. I wish them a long relationship, and beautiful kids..

Posted by: landon | Jan 8, 2013 9:25:22 AM

10. yeah he totally publicly denied he was gay

he and his agent

So, now he comes out when he doesnt have a career

meh

Posted by: Moz's | Jan 8, 2013 10:37:50 AM

11. aww good for him and many years of joy and happiness to the couple (and their adorable dog!)

Posted by: IonMusic | Jan 18, 2013 8:16:25 AM

12. He was a worker for something on an episode of Kathy Griffin "My life on the D List" long before he ever hit it big with Kyle XY, and he was clearly gay then. So I never really though otherwise, nor that it was that big of a deal. His acting career never seemed to be the type that would hinge on that information.

Posted by: BrandonJD | Jan 26, 2013 4:18:22 PM

13. Sorry, this is not new to anyone.. #Obvious

Posted by: Shannon | Jul 14, 2013 1:34:52 PM

14. Uhm...who are these guys and why exactly is this important???

Posted by: Who? | Oct 2, 2013 8:53:28 PM