Anne Hathaway | Daniel Day-Lewis | Film and TV | Hugh Jackman | News | Oscars | Sally Field

BigGayDeal.com

'Lincoln,' 'Les Mis' Lead 2013 Oscar Nominations: COMPLETE LIST

Oscarladies

Seth MacFarlane and Emma Stone were up early this morning (or up late last night) to announce the 2013 Oscar nominations, and the selection is both predictable and deserving.

Biopic Lincoln is definitely leading the pack with five nominations out of the six major categories, including Daniel Day-Lewis in Best Actor and Sally Field in Best Supporting Actress, and Les Miserables received four, including Hugh Jackman for Best Actor and Anne Hathway for Best Supporting Actress. Both flicks were also nominated for Best Picture, as were Quentin Tarantino's controversial Django Unchained, the Denzel Washington-starrer Flight, which also garnered him a Best Actor nomination, and Zero Dark Thirty, the tale about the SEAL team's successful quest to kill Osama bin Laden.

Check out the complete list AFTER THE JUMP...

Screenshots via Business Insider:

Oscars1

Oscars2

Oscars3

Oscars4

Comments

1. I guess DDL is a front runner in leading actor.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 10, 2013 9:21:30 AM

2. I know a lot of people disliked Ridley Scotts "Prometheus" - although I personally loved it, and the Blu-ray disc is magnificent, BTW - but I cannot believe that two of the movies greatest elements were not nominated for Oscars: the brilliant music score by Marc Streitenfeld and the wonderful performance by Michael Fassbender as David the android. Shame, AMPAS!

Posted by: dommyluc | Jan 10, 2013 9:30:50 AM

3. I know a lot of people disliked Ridley Scotts "Prometheus" - although I personally loved it, and the Blu-ray disc is magnificent, BTW - but I cannot believe that two of the movies greatest elements were not nominated for Oscars: the brilliant music score by Marc Streitenfeld and the wonderful performance by Michael Fassbender as David the android. Shame, AMPAS!

Posted by: dommyluc | Jan 10, 2013 9:30:51 AM

4. Another year, another round of the Oscars embarassing themselves. It's utterly shameful that Ben Affleck, Kathryn Bigelow, John Hawkes, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" "Bully" all notched zero nominations. It's great if you liked "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (which I thought was brave but ultimately flawed), or the massively overrated "SIlver Linings Playbook"--a facile, dishonest look at mental illness with three (!) wish-fulfillment happy endings. (How did Jackie Weaver score a nod for whimpering "Now Pat, Now Pat" for 2 hours?) Watch it wins Best Picture.

Posted by: Dback | Jan 10, 2013 9:40:07 AM

5. Silver Linings Playbook has nominations in all 6 major categories (assuming your referring to the 4 acting, director, and picture). So, not sure what you're saying about Lincoln

Posted by: Adam | Jan 10, 2013 9:42:23 AM

6. Not one openly gay actor was nominated. Not one movie has even the most fleeting of gay male characters. Another year, another homophobic list from Hollywood and the Academy.

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 10, 2013 9:45:42 AM

7. Stephen, which openly gay actor and which film with a gay male character would you have liked to have seen nominated?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jan 10, 2013 9:56:31 AM

8. I wish the Academy would go back to 5 best picture nominees. 5 is definitive.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jan 10, 2013 9:58:06 AM

9. Dastius,

That's my point - there aren't any. Thank you for reinforcing my point about homophobic Hollywood.

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 10, 2013 9:59:02 AM

10. Stephen, ParaNorman got a nomination (deservedly so) for Animated Feature and shocker, has a gay character! (The first that I can think of in a animated film). So, while it's not Best Picture, per say... you are incorrect.

Posted by: Dan | Jan 10, 2013 10:04:28 AM

11. @dommyluc, I agree about Promethius. The special effects were amazing in that movie, albeit the plot left left a little to be desired, especially the ending. I also thoroughly enjoyed the movie, especially Logan Marshall-Green. I've had a thing for him since Dark Blue and the movie Devil.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Jan 10, 2013 10:07:35 AM

12. Glad Les Mis is up there the film is a triumph .

Posted by: Andrew | Jan 10, 2013 10:08:17 AM

13. It was indeed "a facile, dishonest look at mental illness" made by a bi-polar maniac.

Bradley Cooper has no chin.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jan 10, 2013 10:12:48 AM

14. My list of near sinful omissions includes:
    Best Actor -- John Hawkes in "The Sessions", Matthias Schoenaerts in "Rust and Bone" and Jack Black for "Bernie'; Best Actress; Marion Cotillard in "Rust and Bone"; Best Director, Kathryn Bigelow "The Sessions" and Ben Affleck for "Argo."

@DBack While Jackie Weaver didn't have much of a role in "Silver Linings...", it was quite amusing to see her play a sweet housewife after seeing her play the mother from hell in "Animal Kingdom." I wouldn't have minded if they skipped nominating Robert De Nero in "Silver Linings..." for another look-now-I'm-a-cute-and-in-my-own-way wise-older-man/father performance.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Jan 10, 2013 10:15:04 AM

15. My list of near sinful omissions includes:

Posted by: MichaelJ | Jan 10, 2013 10:15:05 AM

16. Stephen Lucas is Jason, people. Nothing he says is worth responding to. He's only here to incite you.

Posted by: ripper | Jan 10, 2013 10:25:20 AM

17. @ ANDREW :
    Sorry, I just found Les Mis interminable.....except for Aaron Tevit, who raised my expectations !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 10, 2013 10:28:33 AM

18. ParaNorman is animated. If this is the best we can do, we're screwed.

Hollywood's history of homophobia continues. It's an extremely homophobic place where gay people work to enable heterosexual romance. Hollywood considers us a threat unless we are working towards enabling heterosexual romance.

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 10, 2013 10:34:04 AM

19. @Stephen Lucas -- The only intriguing (if not altogether positive) gay character can think of is Bernie in "Bernie," which was played wonderfully by Jack Black. Another character would could be considered queer is not strictly gay is the evil guy in "Skyfall," played by Javier Bardem, which was rather one-note (well, maybe two-notes) and uninteresting.

There is one nominated film that has many gay men and women who are far more honorable and heroic than most any gay character most filmmakers could have dreamed up -- the many leaders of ACT-UP featured in the excellent documentary, "How to Survive a Plague." There also is at least one openly gay person in another excellent documentary, "The Invisible War," which is about rape in the military, and the armed force's horrible blame-the-victim response to it. But this is not unusual -- documentaries often deal with topics and people that do not get decent treatment in major movies.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Jan 10, 2013 10:34:29 AM

20. Yay Anne (not surprising)

Posted by: Michael Graye | Jan 10, 2013 10:37:03 AM

21. THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER is a movie with gay content, and a gay character, played by a gay actor, EZRA MILLER -- who certainly should have been nominated this year over Robert DeNiro for Best Supporting Actor.

Posted by: Strepsi | Jan 10, 2013 10:42:13 AM

22. So the two Oscar-nominated docos that feature gay issues involve us getting sick or raped? Spare me!!!!!!

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 10, 2013 10:44:24 AM

23. I love that there are more than five nominees for Best Picture, especially this year when there were so many great films to choose from. I think that's why a few notable names were left out in the director category. I would have loved to have some more gay-friendly choices but let's face it, there were no Brokeback, Milk, or The Kids Are All Right this year. Not everyone will agree with the nominees because everyone has different tastes (I'm still not over Brokeback losing Best Picture). Now I will go see Django, Amour, & ZeroDarkThirty this weekend to catch up.

Posted by: Scar2 | Jan 10, 2013 10:45:17 AM

24. The documentaries I previously mentioned involve heroic people -- whether or not they are sick or were raped -- bravely confronting powers that be to fight major injustice. One doesn't need to be gay to find such worthy of attention and respect. I recommend them to everyone.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Jan 10, 2013 10:55:16 AM

25. Ripper, Stephen lucas does appear to be infamous homophobic, racist, and misogynistic troll Jason. Everyone should just ignore him. He's here to rile up the comments section, not engage in meaningful discussion.

Posted by: MateoM | Jan 10, 2013 10:57:27 AM