Fashion Men | Jean Paul Gaultier

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna, Grace Jones, Boy George, and David Bowie Channeled in New Jean Paul Gaultier Campaign

Gaultier

Flashback.

Sebastian Kim shot this Spring/Summer 2013 Jean Paul Gaultier ad starring models Ginta Lapina, Hannelore Knuts, Jeneil Williams, Maria Kashleva as Madonna, Grace Jones, Boy George, and David Bowie.

Comments

1. The Boy George is credible. The others, not so much. I don't recall Bowie wearing leotards, and given that he dressed Madonna, why didn't he give her the right clothes?

Though I like the idea of promoting gender benders.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 4, 2013 12:15:53 PM

2. And why are Bowie and Boy George not done by male models ?

Posted by: Louphi | Jan 4, 2013 12:49:27 PM

3. This is an ad for the CURRENT collection. He didn't bring out the old archives to dress these models. I think it's great and captures the idea of each of his muses.

Posted by: unruly | Jan 4, 2013 12:52:31 PM

4. @Paul R, you need to do more research. http://www.stylebizarre.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jean-paul-gaultier-2013-leotard-david-bowie-280x300.jpg

Posted by: james | Jan 4, 2013 1:06:55 PM

5. OK, true enough. I just think the current collection is mostly awful, and these are among the best items.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 4, 2013 1:16:22 PM

6. The Boy George model killed it. I'm saving this image largely because of that.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Jan 4, 2013 7:16:42 PM

7. @James: Umm, those are Gaultier images. Not Bowie.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 4, 2013 10:41:44 PM

8. OMG, I am loving this catty back-and-forth. I also think they are all pretty incredible.

@Paul R...one is Gaultier. The other is Bowie. That is what you would call a "comparison." But, yes, Bowie is fabulously model thin.

Jesus still loves you. It gets better. It iz wut it iz.

Posted by: iNorio | Jan 5, 2013 7:48:24 AM

9. Although this resembles a bad wax museum, these performers really were our icons. Boy George was very brave, Bowie was straight, but a genius of androgyny, Grace a one of a kind, blowing Gaga away. Madonna, the true icon whos' creativity we anticipated with each incarnation. Now I understand why I carried lip gloss and a lip brush at the time. It a great time to be young, gay, and more innocently bold - inspired by our icons.

Posted by: Gary | Jan 5, 2013 2:05:15 PM

10. Is this Towle or Troll road? What is a troll? Homersexuals with cats are weird. Troll leaves me blank.

Posted by: Gary | Jan 5, 2013 3:22:36 PM