News: James Dobson, Chelsea Bigot, Cheyenne Jackson, Duck

RoadPaul Rudnick has a quiz for Tom Cruise's new estate manager...

RoadFocus on the Family's James Dobson tells flock that 35 years of work is ruined.

DuckRoadGiant rubber duck invades Sydney harbor.

RoadReported $3 million offer for photo of Kim Kardashian-Kanye West spawn.

RoadTrack coach resigns over affair with athlete: "Hall of Fame women's track and field coach Bev Kearney, whose story of recovery from a paralyzing auto accident inspired people around the country, has resigned due to an "intimate consensual relationship" with a University of Texas athlete in 2002, the school announced Saturday night."

RoadRebel Wilson is considering kidnapping One Direction.

RoadMichelangelo Signorile chased down a bigot in Chelsea who called him "disgusting" after he kissed his partner: "I've not come to this age in my life, to this stage of the game in the fight for LGBT rights, to have someone call me 'disgusting' in my own neighborhood. And it's time none of us let them get away with it. I'm not saying that I or anyone should stand up to everybody engaged in a homophobic act every time. Obviously you have to be wise and safe. But whether it's on the streets of Chelsea or in Columbus, Ohio, all of us, straight and gay, must speak up when we can. Stand up and fight back. Because if we don't, they win."

RoadJustin Bieber speaks out about marijuana photos.

JacksonRoadCheyenne Jackson and Patti LuPone had a Broadway date night.

RoadMaggie Gallagher on the retirement of her syndicated column: "I've spoken the truth within the limits of my insight, which is all any writer can do. I've had an impact on my times and stood up for some denigrated truths that I do not think any society can do without. Plus, I know people trying to live by these truths and [passing] them down to their children really appreciate my capacity to put into words what is in their hearts. All in all, I feel pretty good about how I've spent my life."

RoadBoeing 787 Dreamliner catches fire on tarmac in Boston: "Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said the fire was in the belly of the Japan Airlines aircraft, which flies between Tokyo and Boston."

RoadProvidence, Rhode Island bishop says marriage equality sanctions "immoral activity".

RoadThey are FAMily.

TomatoRoadAll hail the tomato pill: "Ateronon, which contains lycopene found in the skin of ripe tomatoes, had previously been hailed for unclogging arteries but the latest results have given researchers hope it could halt the damage caused by heart disease – Britain’s biggest killer...The effect of the pill on people with heart disease saw improvements in the function of cells in the endothelium, which lines blood vessels. Ateronon was shown to improve the flexibility of blood vessels by up to half."

RoadMale model fix: Wouter Peelen.

RoadAppeals court overturns conviction of two men jailed in 2011 for homosexuality in Cameroon.

RoadHoney Boo Boo's earnings go into a trust fund: "June tells TMZ ... the lion's share of earnings from 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' (a cool $15k - $20k per episode) is being equally divided into funds for all 5 girls ...  Alana 'HBB' Thomson (7), Lauryn (12), Jessica (15) and Anna (18) and baby Kaitlyn.  June says the little stars can't touch the cash until they turn 21 -- except in case of medical emergencies or using it for school -- saying, "I want my kids to look back and say, 'Mama played it smart. Not like those other reality TV people.'"

Comments

1. Betty : You do want the link, or..?

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 2:00:37 AM

2. Why? It won't prove anything. You never backup your claims with real proof (for example your Kiwi/Buckie claim even though it was proven that anyone post a link under any name). Just because you think something in your head is true, doesn't mean it really is and it usually isn't.

Posted by: BETTY | Jan 8, 2013 2:11:42 AM

3. Then...uh, Betty dude...don't go telling me I have no evidence if you won't even take me up on showing you. (Just for that, I'm looking it up and sending it to some gay-friendly organization to...educate them...)

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 2:13:30 AM

4. Oh..okay...I'll show you the posts in question and you can decide whether it's me or the gay ghetto behind all these calls to violence. Keep in mind that these WERE straight allies who were falsely-accused of the gaybashing, though I doubt they're allies now, after what Towle, Belonsky, and the typical gay poster did to them. But be sure to read every article on the Kentucky incident and every post.

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 2:17:11 AM

5. http://www.towleroad.com/2010/04/teenage-girls-try-to-push-lesbian-off-cliff-to-her-death.html

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 2:20:25 AM

6. Now, as long as someone will introduce better eating habits, because their way of life is obviously not healthy.

Posted by: usa football jerseys cheap | Jan 8, 2013 2:41:23 AM

7. Again you are making assumptions YUPP.

I read the comments to the article. I did not see anything about razor blades and mutilation.

I don't know why you are blaming Towleroad for this story. They just posted a link to the newspaper article. They didn't write the story. They didn't make the claims in the story (the girl did). Do you blame ABC, FOX or CNN for posting stories on their websites where it turns out someone made the story up to get attentiont(I'm sure they even reported on this story as well). It's not the fault of the news organization when someone makes a false claim to the police and they just report on it. You are blaming the wrong people. In fact, Towleroad isn't even a news organization. They just provide links to other news sites about gay issues. They don't report the stories. You haven't grasped this concept yet have you?

As for the comments by some of the posters on the story...yes, some were over the top. They were made in response to the story and at that time no one knew the girl was making it up. But quite frankly many websites have people making stupid comments (you prove this everyday here - we don't blame Towleroad for your comments) in response to stories. They don't represent everyone's view and certainly don't represent all of Towleroad's readers or the gay community in general. In fact there was one comment that all gays should die...are you saying that is what Towleroad advocates? With your logic, yes!

You need to stop painting everyone with the same broad brush (you have been told this before).

Posted by: BETTY | Jan 8, 2013 2:59:46 AM

8. Betty : If Andrew Towle moderated the posts, those girls wouldn't have had to fear for their lives./////The razor blades and mutilation is there. I'll look it up and tell you where exactly./////That's just one example of the harm the Towleroad crew caused to innocent people. I'll give out other examples with plenty of evidence that people can believe (or disbelieve, if they prefer to think I'm the one secretly behind it all).///////Why would anyone blame me for anything I say on Towleroad? I don't post peoples' addresses, actual or email, and send others to endanger them like the majority of posters did to the Kentucky girls and several other times.//////Towle and Belonsky know exactly what they're guilty of, since they totally hide from the subjects (this Kentucky story and others). They hide in real life too, as people we know mutually (including, yes, Ken Walsh) refuse to give me their addresses.

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 3:11:22 AM

9. Betty : And, yes, I know this is not a news blog, it's towle's personal blog, but enough people read it where he should be morally obligated to use "allegedly" (like "allegedly push someone off a cliff") lest he be the one legally responsible for what he causes others to do.

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 3:15:32 AM

10. Okay, go to the Kentucky story, and poster "Sean" is the one hoping the bulldykes who rape them have "razor blades on their tongues." This is about ten posts after "JohnInManhattan" gives out their contact info.

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 3:20:33 AM

11. Give me a break! Go to any website with a comments section and you will see stupid posts. I've seen more outrageous comments on sites that ARE moderated. You're being ridiculous. I hope they do moderate someday. Although you might not like it because your crackpot claims won't see the light of day. You really should be careful what you wish for.

When you post your actual name then you can accuse others of hiding. You are a joke.

Posted by: BETTY | Jan 8, 2013 3:24:48 AM

12. So an idiot makes a stupid comment and you paint everyone here with the same brush. Visit any site anywhere and you'll see stupid comments galore. It's not exclusive to Towleroad or gay people. Should we ban all sites from comments? Scroll down further and you will see the comment about killing all gay people. Where is your outrage there?

As for giving out "contact info": anybody can search anyone on Facebook so it is hardly a big revelation. It is a public site (plus, most people have their Facebook profile open only to friends). He didn't give out actual contact info like an address or phone number (which is totally wrong to do). So put in perspective. I've seen people do the same thing on other sites, so really, come on.

Also, the first line of Towleroad's posting DOES say allegedly. So why are you getting your panties in a knot?

"Three teenage girls in Kentucky allegedly attacked Cheyenne Williams, a lesbian classmate, last Friday..."

Honestly, you give me a headache.

Posted by: BETTY | Jan 8, 2013 3:47:41 AM

13. So stop f'ing responding to him. Why do people think they're going to get anywhere with immature troll idiots who only seek attention? One of my brothers is learning disabled, and my mother told me from a very young age that he just wanted attention, positive or negative, and not to give it to him. You'll get nowhere. This useless back and forth persists in these comments, when they could actually be interesting.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 8, 2013 6:04:04 AM

14. No, I disagree, Betty. This was beyond "stupid comments". This is making psychopathic and dangerous threats and giving out contact information. If it happened to you or a member of your family you wouldn't be so "Give me a break." And this is just one of many examples the people behind this blog have been involved in. But, if you are that determined to defend the towleroad crew and take their side, we just have to agree to disagree.

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 11:00:54 AM

15. BTW : I'll accept what you say about "allegedly" in the first line (though it's not in the headline).

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 11:02:15 AM

16. Yeah, but Paul R., if your brother is as good at backing up his claims as I am (I provided the links), then....maybe he's not disabled at all. No matter how many times you say he is.

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 11:04:51 AM

17. And Betty, anyone who comes here talking about "killing all gay people" doesn't need my outrage because the posters promptly give him/her what he/she deserves. Any arranged plans or threats against the innocent (the Kentucky story) are met by silence at best, agreement at worst. And never an apology.

Posted by: Yupp | Jan 8, 2013 11:07:41 AM