Chris Culliver | Football (American) | Kwame Harris | News | Sports

Outed Former San Francisco 49er Kwame Harris Denounces Chris Culliver's Anti-Gay Remarks as 'Vitriol and Hate'

HarrisKwame Harris, the former San Francisco 49er outed earlier this week after it was revealed he was being charged for assaulting a former boyfriend, has responded to Chris Culliver's anti-gay remarks.

Said Harris to NBC Bay Area:

“It’s surprising that in 2013 Chris Culliver would use his 15 minutes to spread vitriol and hate. I recognize that these are comments that he may come to regret and that he may come to see that gay people are not so different than straight people."

Earlier...
SF 49er Chris Culliver on Anti-Gay Remarks: 'I Apologize to Those I Have Offended' [tr]
SF 49er Chris Culliver: Gays Not Welcome in the Locker Room or the NFL - AUDIO [tr]

Comments

1. @ Appollo
    Yes I AM associated to him. It's not want, it's an absolute that he's part of the community I am, and regardless of his private troubles, he's speaking on a matter not only can I relate to but agree with him on.

Posted by: Klien | Jan 31, 2013 7:22:49 AM

2. Oh yeah Apollo because you are perfect.You have never mistreated anyone.You have never cheated on anyone,you have never physically,verbally,emotionally abused anyone.You have never betrayed anyone or abused your own body with drugs or alcohol.Well I have done some of the above and through counseling I have to learn control my rage and anger.I no longer engage in that behavior but I am not perfect like you.Maybe Kwame is getting help withhis rage and maybe being outed has motivated him to seek him for his issues.He could have remained silent.He didn't have to publicly acknowledge he was LGBT.There are plenty of people who have been exposed for having same sex relationship yet deny they are LGBT.End of rant Bye

Posted by: Kim | Jan 31, 2013 9:38:29 AM

3. When you make the news for domestic abuse, you're in no position to get on a soapbox. Culliver may have ranted, but last time I checked that wasn't worst than battery. This guy should clean up his own yard before pointing fingers at someone else's crap.

Posted by: Max | Jan 31, 2013 9:47:01 AM

4. I will confess that I have a secret (not so much now) fantasy abt. Kwame Harris jacking up lil' ol' Culliver.

and here is another case of the questionable use of the word "outed". I doesn't seem to me that Harris was outed; everyone knew and he was out to dinner with his -ex, that sounds nothing like a case of "outing" so I question the use of the word in this context.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jan 31, 2013 10:23:42 AM

5. @Jeff

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jan 31, 2013 10:30:28 AM

6. @Max How do you he hasn't cleaned up his own yard that incident occured 6 months ago.But then again maybe you agree with Culiver.

Posted by: Kim | Jan 31, 2013 12:18:34 PM

7. crazy

Posted by: PDHSM | Jan 31, 2013 1:43:50 PM

8. What happened here is what happens mostof the time in this media crazed world is another case of entrapment. These reporters,comedians,ect ask these questions to set people up for a good story. He did not offer his opinion on gays on his own,he was asked In a comdedic fashion and trying to be cool with it made some stupid comments that im pretty sure do not reflect how he feels in real life.The problem is people cant wait for someone to say something spur of the moment and blow it so far out of proportion to make that person look bad. People need to stop worrying about everything someone said and trying to make a case of how it offends someone.People need to grow up and understand people say things the wrong way they correct
    themselves move on others need to get over it and move on we say things everyday in our own lives but there are no cameras rolling or interviewers writing waiting to attack when we say something stupid. Not everything is meant to offend people grow up let it go big deal if everyone just let things go and didnt take it so serious the world would be an easier place to live

Posted by: PDHSM | Jan 31, 2013 2:16:21 PM