Comments

1. ratbastard says

Big deal. Wow. A drunk and disorderly teenager [or adult]…in an airport no less. Maybe we should just ban alcohol all together? It causes so many problems. Seriously, the man [Rand Paul] has a teenage son who got drunk and disorderly in public. This is not unique by any stretch of the imagination. I understand it’s posted in order to mock ‘teabaggers’, and I’m not a particular Ron Paul [Rand Paul’s retired father] or ‘teabagger’ fan. But many of the things he espoused and the ‘teabaggers’ espouse [at least before they were co-opted by big institutional interests, which is something that also has occurred with Occupy Wall Street] were more genuinely liberal than much of what present day nit-picking, wear your hat it’s cold, don’t smoke, nanny state so-called ‘Progressives’ espouse, aside from gay civil rights.

2. jpeckjr says

This story has no place on Towleroad. The only reason it has traction at all is that this young man’s father is a US Senator. If he was still an eye doctor in Kentucky, no one would care. Have some compassion for young Mr. Paul and his family and leave them alone.

3. Diogenes Arktos says

@JPeckJr: TR advertizes itself as “a site with homosexual tendencies”. I think that on the whole Andy & company do a good job with a variety of stories – especially those outside the gay blogosphere.

4. Jacques says

A huge part of the Ron/Rand Paul ethos is individual responsibility. That means you shoulder the consequences of your own behavior. If that behavior includes being drunk and disruptive and you get held up to ridicule because you happen to be the son of a prominent U.S. Senator, so be it.

5. JT says

Nice try William Paul, but David Huckabee still has you beat. If you want the title of most delinquent GOPer’s son you have a long way to go. You haven’t even surpassed the bush twins yet. They were getting drunk in public years ago. Keep trying.

6. John Normile says

Jpeck, you are leaving out the fact that his dad stopms GLBT rights and tries to tear apart families with same sex parents, so yeah, maybe there is a place here to see how this “Famly” man runs his family. Our families are quite important to him.

7. signs of the times says

This is a site with homosexual tendencies, not All Gay All Day.

“When Paul was taken in to custody, he told authorities his dad is Kentucky Senator Rand Paul.” I wonder if they were impressed?

8. Onnyjay says

If I were Rand Paul’s son and the only slightly less crazy Ron Paul’s grandson, I’d probably be either drunk or unconscious most of the time. Delusions of adequacy are contagious only up to a point, and a 19-year-old is probably smart enough to be appalled by both his father and grandfather.

9. Yupp says

He reminds me of the guys I used to go out date-raping girls with when I was younger.

I only did it to convince my community that I wasn’t a feminine fag like you guys.

10. Paul R says

Airports are awful, true, but it’s gotten a lot harder to get drunk. You’re constantly being watched, though you probably don’t realize it. And most airlines won’t serve you and might not even let you board if they smell alcohol on you, even if you’re not acting drunk. And that’s if you make it past security.

That’s often when people start acting obnoxious, because they’ve been told something they don’t want to hear or their travel plans have been screwed up. Not that I’m defending such behavior, but they don’t want anyone unpredictable on a plane.

11. says

wait…you mean his being raised by traditional heterosexuals in a traditional heterosexual environment didn’t mean he enters society as the most wholesome and well-adjusted of members?

well i am SHOCKED!

12. Lars says

Fact: It’s presumptively newsworthy when the offspring of famous people behave badly. People just like to hear about the Bush twins doing lines, or Euan Blair puking all over Leicester Square.

And for those who care (ie the Religious Right?) there is also Biblical precedent for judging leaders based on how they manage their children.

“He must manage his own household well and keep his children in control without losing his dignity. But if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for the church of God?” 1 Timothy 3:4-5

“An elder must be blameless, the husband of one wife, with faithful children who cannot be charged with dissipation or rebellion.” Titus 1:6

In Christian circles, it is not a big leap to say these Church standards are also appropriate guidelines in the secular realm.

So yeah, it’s newsworthy.

13. Yupp says

I AM precious. And a hot-looking troll. And it’s not just concern for the innocent, it’s absolute contempt for Towle/Belonsky and what they did/tried to do to the innocent. I never said I’m totally benevolent here.