Comments

1. Gr8guyca says

Well, duh. Polar bears are strong, vicious, man-eaters. We see images of stuffed animals and smiling polar bears in Coke commercials and think, “Awwww….they are so cute!” We have a tendency to think that a cute -looking animal is safe. Not so. In fact, a Panda will also rip your face off. If you want a cuddly live bear, stick to a Koala.

2. Kyle says

I love nature documentaries, but loath with a passion these nature photographers/celebrity wannabees who have to put themselves on camera and then talk non-stop about how much danger their idiocy allegedly puts them in. That bear was never going to get into that box. Ever. It’s just ginned up drama for TV.

3. Bill says

The interesting question is how they tested the box before putting this guy in it to make sure that a bear couldn’t break through. Guess they could have put some meat in the box instead, The film crew probably had a guy there with a high powered rifle just in case things got out of hand.

I’m not sure I’d want to be in there if the testing consisted of only a computer-based analysis or simulation using the strength of various materials – who wants to end up being eaten by a bear due to a software bug!

4. Caliban says

OMG, I know just how he feels! I was mauled once by a “polar bear” in a piano bar!

But at least he didn’t have to listen to a dozen queens singing show-tunes during HIS near-death experience. I still can’t hear “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” without bursting into tears!

5. FancyPants says

@GR8GUYCA: I don’t think there are many people confused about whether polar bears are dangerous. I get your point, but I’d say most people just aren’t that stupid.

And I totally agree about the point made that these celebrity naturists can’t seem to stay behind the camera.

6. hugo says

@ Caliban: That sounds like good times at Eighty-Eight’s! Oh, the memories…

Such a cute puppy bear. I’m sure she just wanted to play. Can’t blame her, though, that is one tasty Scotsman.