Film | News

Qantas-Riding Python Retroactively Becomes Star Of 2006 Movie: VIDEO

SNAKEPLANE

There are two possible reactions to video of a 10-foot python riding the wing of a Qantas plane. The first is a joke about the 2006 Sam Jackson movie Snakes on a Plane. The second, which was my reaction, is something like this, "No. No! I hate everything about this! How heinous."

Watch the video and share your reaction AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. "Heinous" is sooooo 2001.

Posted by: Elle | Jan 10, 2013 11:09:13 AM

2. Aw that poor snake.

Posted by: Jersey | Jan 10, 2013 11:17:32 AM

3. Oh, I remember that snake; she worked behind the desk at the Quantas Club at the Sydney Airport in 2009,,,

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Jan 10, 2013 12:00:40 PM

4. SO!? Did the snake die or what?

Posted by: Bobby | Jan 10, 2013 12:03:07 PM

5. Snakes like other reptiles are cold-blooded. There is no way a snake could have survived the freezing temperatures unless there was heat from the engine.

Posted by: rk | Jan 10, 2013 12:06:27 PM

6. imagine how traumatising it would be to have a python dislodge from the wing and fall down from the sky onto you. ugh.

Posted by: Tek | Jan 10, 2013 12:35:23 PM

7. My understanding is that on commercial jets, part of the engine heat is diverted to the leading edge of the wing so that ice doesn't form. Don't know if that helped the thing or not. Doesn't look like it. I'd love to know how the snake got in and out of the wing/fuselage. Not sure I trust that plane.

Posted by: Enzo | Jan 10, 2013 1:10:03 PM

8. I hate to see anything struggle and die. I wish I did not have this image in my head.

Posted by: loverOFlife | Jan 10, 2013 2:12:44 PM

9. This is sickening because it means that eventually every warm wet place in the world will be infected with pythons and probably poisonous foreign reptiles as well. Kids having fun in the forests of Hawaii will be crushed and swallowed by enormous snakes!

Stay in cold climes for as long as they last.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jan 10, 2013 2:52:46 PM

10. My first reaction was: AND?????? So what happened next?
    Then: what a stupid video, leaving out the conclusion. Or perhaps the blogger who posted this is the dummy.

Posted by: Tom | Jan 10, 2013 6:08:46 PM