Jon Stewart | Lance Armstrong | News | Oprah

Jon Stewart Previews Lance Armstrong's Oprah Confession: VIDEO

Mrfibb

Jon Stewart previews the interview of the week - Lance Armstrong's Thursday night Oprah confession and blasts himself for not being able to see that Armstrong was lying in his own interview with the doping cyclist.

"You can beat testicular cancer. You can win the Tour de France. But you can't win the Tour de France seven times after beating testicular cancer."

Then, Aasif Mandvi explains how Lance Armstrong has such amazing lying endurance.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I know he was some kind of iconic athlete, but come on. He was a mediocre cyclist before the cancer, and suddenly, after recovering he became the greatest ever. After something that probably destroy anyone's career he started to win what he wasn't able before the illness.
    There's no surprise at all that he dope himself.
    And the worse part is that if he wasn't such an arrogant, he probably woud come clean of all this, but he had to retun to show the world he was the best. Well, that's the result

Posted by: jjose712 | Jan 16, 2013 8:05:13 AM

2. Your links to the Jon Stewart Show NEVER work, btw. NEVER.

Posted by: AJ | Jan 16, 2013 9:44:19 AM

3. Your links are BAD and you should feel BAD.

Posted by: AJ | Jan 16, 2013 9:46:04 AM

4. They always work---update your computer from the 90's.

Posted by: Jason V. | Jan 16, 2013 10:46:23 AM

5. I was able to access the links. Love Jon Stewart.

Posted by: Michael | Jan 16, 2013 11:06:26 AM

6. They work for me and I'm using the comp at my job that hasn't been updated since the Hoover Administration. The problem is on your end.

Stewart is awesome as always.

Posted by: Andrew | Jan 16, 2013 11:28:42 AM

7. @Andrew: You must have one of the original Turing Machines.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Jan 16, 2013 3:05:17 PM

8. lol no Babbage's engine reference?

lol the videos do not work well on the ipad (latest upgrade)... luv me some stewart =-)

Posted by: V-8 | Jan 16, 2013 5:01:52 PM

9. Jon Stewart was always basically licking his toes...how ironic....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jan 16, 2013 5:58:11 PM

10. Athletes are nothing special even if their performances are special sometimes. If there is a gaydar, why isn't there a jerkdar? My jerkdar is much better than my gaydar.

Posted by: anon | Jan 16, 2013 7:49:01 PM

11. One unanswered question: how did he avoid a positive test over so many years given that they supposedly keep old samples so those can be retested. It's one thing to pick a combination and dosage of drugs that can't be detected today, but it isn't so easy to pick ones today that won't be detectable 5 years from now when the tests have improved in sensitivity and/or accuracy.

Was there insider information about when testing would be done? Did they somehow swap in older samples or samples from someone else? Were they just lucky?

Posted by: Bill | Jan 16, 2013 8:11:18 PM

12. "I Lied" a new book coming in late 2013 with a ghost writer.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Jan 17, 2013 1:32:01 AM

13. Nice to be here and see your post !

Posted by: charmingdate.com review | Jan 17, 2013 2:53:24 AM

14. sneak peek Oprah Winfrey interviews Lance Armstrong

Posted by: Rubes Keitel | Jan 17, 2013 10:38:51 AM

15. @V-8: LOL I thought I might get a response to the Turing reference on a gay website, so I didn't try Babbage. OTOH - there was a discussion of set theory and the continuum hypothesis a few months ago.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Jan 18, 2013 4:34:20 PM