News | Web Series

BigGayDeal.com

A Queer Show About Sex, Love, Booze, Drugs, Friendship, Family, and Amazing Acts of Stupidity is Coming: VIDEO

3bits

Another new Brooklyn-based gay web series is on the way called The 3 Bits, written and directed by Max Freeman and Margaret Singer. It bills itself as a queer show about sex, love, booze, drugs, friendship, family, and amazing acts of stupidity. But mostly sex.

Check out the preview, AFTER THE JUMP...

MEET HENRY BITS from Unusually Fine on Vimeo.

Comments

1. sex, love, booze, drugs, friendship, family, and amazing acts of stupidity. But mostly sex.

Drugs + sex + "amazing acts of stupidity" = why we see the HIV infection rates we do. Will this show accurately and honestly deal with that? Don't hold your breath.

Posted by: Matt in TX | Feb 6, 2013 4:29:57 PM

2. you can be a pot-smoking hedonistic enjoyer of sex and still remember not only what condoms are, but how to use them.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Feb 6, 2013 4:42:31 PM

3. This looks sweet. I'll check it out. A few of them seem like they can't act but that's not a big deal breaker (although sometimes it is; looking at you the web series "Hustling". Sorry I couldn't make it past ep.1, LOL). Like the diverse cast as well. Sometimes shows/comic books/etc can do diversity for diversities sake but this mix of characters looks good.

Posted by: Lazlo | Feb 6, 2013 4:42:48 PM

4. @Matt in Tx I saw at least two different characters in the trailer with condoms, so we'll have to wait and see.

Posted by: Lazlo | Feb 6, 2013 4:44:31 PM

5. It read to me as a parody, a "not another" gay NYC webseries.

I'll give it a shot for Cole, alone.

Posted by: Mikey | Feb 6, 2013 4:57:47 PM

6. LITTLEKIWI - you already queened out about you knowing the people involved with this, so stop acting like the issue here is with bitter commenters.

This show is being made because of pure self-absorption. It THINKS it's saying something unique, when it looks extraordinarily pedestrian. It's ground that's already been tread. The only people that will enjoy watching it are the people who live it, because there's nothing people love to do more than laugh at/look at themselves. Just get a mirror already.

Posted by: Robert | Feb 6, 2013 5:11:07 PM

7. I don't know why everyone bags on web series. I have a friend here in L.A. who created one and stars in it. Refreshingly, the cast includes boys and girls, gays and straights.

But yeah, there's a lot of them based on young life in New York and L.A. Why's that? Oh yeah, a ton of unemployed actors. So in the 21st century - instead of just waiting tables while waiting for a big break in show biz - you can now raise some money, make a web series, have some audience, something to show prospective producers, and actually ACT in something. Seems like a win-win-super-win. Cut these kids some slack. They want to act. More power to them!

Posted by: Zlick | Feb 6, 2013 5:13:38 PM

8. And are they too good-looking and white, by-and-large? Well, gee, maybe that's because the vast majority of roles available in the actual acting profession are for good-looking white people. Sheesh. Not the fault of these kids.

Posted by: Zlick | Feb 6, 2013 5:22:03 PM

9. MATT26 dislikes something gay. Shocking!

Posted by: DAN | Feb 6, 2013 5:54:59 PM

10. It's a web series. Cut it some slack.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Feb 6, 2013 6:01:55 PM

11. "Then where should I blow him, Grant?!" Perfect!

Posted by: Cody | Feb 6, 2013 7:40:34 PM

12. I this is a success or merely leaves a mark, I would be surprised. Not saying it’s a bad product in itself but at face value it seems too similar to other shows, half clowny, half dramatic, and entirely oversexed and campy.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | Feb 6, 2013 8:05:14 PM

13. i'm curious, do many of these actually get off the ground? i've looked up a couple that have previously been posted here, and the outs seems to be the only one that has more than one episode really

Posted by: luke | Feb 6, 2013 8:09:22 PM

14. My friend's series just finished shooting its second season. I don't know if that's "Getting Off the Ground," but it's something. And, as I said, it's better than waiting tables while waiting to be discovered.

Posted by: Zlick | Feb 6, 2013 8:19:39 PM

15. Many of us are sure this is going to suck for the same reasons that you can be pretty sure the next monster/space/disaster film is going to be stupid and predictable: pretty people; idiot dialogue explosions everwhere; 30-seconds to go before the ultimate explosion; just in time the cutest guy/gal escape from the hatch/capsule/module; relief while no one notices the infected goo on the wingtip that is even now reconfiguring itself into ANOTHER MONSTER.

Puleese surprise me! Make me care.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 6, 2013 10:04:25 PM

16. Do they go to school or have jobs? How are they supporting themselves? From what I understand, it's not cheap to live in NYC. Well, at least they have their priorities in check - having sex is much more important in the long-run then getting an education or any meaningful job/career!

Posted by: Ryan | Feb 7, 2013 2:02:28 AM

17. Oh thank god! No Fat stereotypes or hair fools! they're so gross!

Posted by: Chubhater | Feb 7, 2013 3:53:56 AM

18. The problem is that when the gay scene was defined, interesting, vibrant, sexy, and well dressed (ie worth doing shows about) America was watching the Jeffersons and Welcome Back Kotter. Now gay people are more mainstream and the mainstream is boring and trite. In between things got really gray and depressing and no one wants to watch shows about that.

Let the market decide. Some people really liked Dawson's Creek and Party of Five. Maybe they will like watching a lisping stereotype of mismatched emotional objectives mixed with a naiveté that in real life these guys would have lost by the time they made their first rent payment.

It was sad when Will Truman was playing the game and said, "gay movies and vacuums" and Grace immediately responded "Things that suck." But you know it's true. While Jeffery was somewhat tolerable thanks to Picard (whatever his real name is) the rest of it was predictable and tedious. I maintain that Fraser is actually the longest running gay TV show.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 7, 2013 12:23:17 PM

19. I think it looks fun! Wow, some of you people are really negative.
    "The only people that will enjoy watching it are the people who live it." And from reading a lot of the negativity on here it looks like all the angry people are those who don't live it, or can't live it. Are you really upset about the webseries or are you upset because you're not young and happy and sexually active with a fun group of friends?

Posted by: Riley | Feb 7, 2013 2:45:56 PM

20. Oh good, there aren't enough preppy/twinky gays in series.

Posted by: foobar | Feb 7, 2013 8:30:07 PM

21. Why is everyone being so mean?

Posted by: CRYBABY | Feb 11, 2013 5:12:30 PM

22. Have you seen my pretty disco-boots?

Posted by: Sandy | Feb 11, 2013 5:14:48 PM

23. I used to be so terribly miserable.

Posted by: Mitchell F Scrard III | Feb 11, 2013 5:16:58 PM

24. @crybaby. is this your first time on the internet?

Posted by: gomez | Feb 13, 2013 9:57:19 PM

25. @Robert...YES! You are so correct, sir! Everyone LOVES to watch themselves on television! I host a television program, and, no matter how dull the guest or topic, I STILL watch beginning to end, only because I am host of the show. No matter how painful the show, I like to watch myself on t.v. It must be an American thing...LOL Too bad this couldn't be picked up by LOGO, it might give them a break from all the other re-runs on that channel. Good luck all the same...you are trying something different, which is difficult at best. Kuddos for even trying.

Posted by: millerbeach | Feb 18, 2013 4:17:36 AM