Bryan Fischer | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | News | Tim Tebow

Anti-Gay Megachurch Pastor Spurned by Tim Tebow Speaks Out: VIDEO

R_jeffress

Dr. Robert Jeffress, the megachurch pastor spurned by Tim Tebow, pushes the lie that gays are more likely to molest children. Meanwhile, AFA spokeshater Bryan Fischer says that Tebow is the latest victim of the "bigoted bullies at Big Gay."

And though Jeffress, has said that Tebow has expressed to him that he will come once the controversy blows over, that may not happen after all:

According to Jeffress, after hanging up after their “very affable conversation,” Tebow texted the pastor to say that he was “going to reconsider his decision to cancel and would be in contact with me further today. He wanted to talk to me further about it, which I said, ‘Great.’”

However, Jeffress was being interviewed on the radio Thursday when Tebow started tweeting a series of statements that contradicted that: “due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my…” “upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those needing a brighter day.”

Just as Twitter was lighting up with the word that Tebow was taking a knee, Jeffress said the quarterback sent him another text message, telling the pastor that “some advisers around him had counseled him that he needed to go ahead and not come and he was going to stick with that decision.”

Check out both clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

Fischer

Watch the full interview here.

Comments

1. Tebow is clearly not ready for prime time. STFU.

Posted by: David R | Feb 22, 2013 1:45:34 PM

2. Why does the "Nightcap" TV interviewer, Charlie Berens, start to giggle whenever he reads Jeffries' actual hate quotes back to him?

Posted by: SC David | Feb 22, 2013 1:48:50 PM

3. When Mr. Bryan Fischer talks about "Big Gay" it make me think of Big Gay Al on South Park. So, I laugh. Which is an appropriate response, I think, to Mr. Fischer.

Posted by: SC David | Feb 22, 2013 1:53:37 PM

4. Honestly, I doubt it's GLBT-related. That pastor had said a lot of ugly things about a lot of different groups. I don't think Tebow would care if it was just teh gays they spewed hate about.

Posted by: Cal | Feb 22, 2013 1:56:00 PM

5. Jeffress seems one of these southern self-haters. He sounds gayer than any queers I've ever met.

Posted by: Jonathan | Feb 22, 2013 1:58:38 PM

6. so much closet...

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Feb 22, 2013 2:11:56 PM

7. Evil always has such a bland face, doesn't it?

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 22, 2013 2:42:53 PM

8. Bryan Fisher sure thinks a lot about Big Gay doesn't he? Big Gay making him do things. Nasty, dirty things.... It keeps him awake at night.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 22, 2013 2:49:42 PM

9. Big Gay? WTF? Lord have mercy!

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 22, 2013 3:13:26 PM

10. We’re condemned to forever be the fund raising source for these silly pious vultures and snake bite evangelists. Their deity condemns sexuality and some overpaid dull witted home schooled jock from FloriDUH that our sad Union holds up as a role model can’t make up what’s laughingly called his mind whether or not to make more money for their coffers. And this is NEWS? A sad state of affairs for a state to be in.

Posted by: NE Rich | Feb 22, 2013 3:37:17 PM

11. Isn't it time to reconsider secession.

If we could get all of the nutters into a few selected states and recognise their States rights ....to F*** Off.....
    What a joy.
    Sorry Mr. Lincoln, but we need to rethink the Confederacy.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 22, 2013 3:48:30 PM

12. The wallet is mightier than the jesus after all, huh Tebow?

Posted by: Bill | Feb 22, 2013 4:04:23 PM

13. In the meantime, I'm wondering who'll be outed first: Jeffress or Tebow.

Posted by: Take a Knee | Feb 22, 2013 4:18:11 PM

14. Would you take a look at the lustful eyes that Jeffress is casting on reporter boi?

Posted by: Queen Leer | Feb 22, 2013 4:21:43 PM

15. Jeffer is a huge closet queen who wants to get into Saint Timmy's pants- run Tebow run!

Posted by: jaragon | Feb 22, 2013 5:40:02 PM

16. I should think that this would affect TT's endorsement contracts, if there are any left. Of course, blaming gays for giving TT bad PR is about the only face-saving move they have.

Posted by: anon | Feb 22, 2013 6:13:26 PM

17. If any large group of people deserve to be shot execution style,it's these goddamn religious freaks. They are terrorists plain and simple. Many Americans are real quick to jump on the anti-islam bandwagon failing to realize that the biggest enemies to our country are these rightwing KKKristian neocons.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Feb 22, 2013 8:13:00 PM

18. They should ask the pastor: "Is Sandusky a homosexual?"

Posted by: simon | Feb 22, 2013 10:13:08 PM

19. I'm really pity Tim Tebow, he seems like quite the naive little soul. Atleast he has smart money minded individuals in his PR team.

Posted by: NY2.0 | Feb 23, 2013 3:07:57 AM

20. Maybe TT is finally learning that lots of people have lots of opinions, backgrounds, perspectives and beliefs--and that it's unwise to align himself with a "pastor" who hates those unlike himself.

In other words, TT's learning that keeping one's religions practice to himself (as Jesus counseled) isn't such a bad idea after all.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Feb 23, 2013 6:30:26 AM

21. omg..i just watched the video. Jeffress is a QUEEN. Not that I have anything against queens--only the ones who preach hate against gay people.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Feb 23, 2013 6:37:51 AM

22. Religious people are really truly the worst thing that has happened to society.

Posted by: Morton | Feb 23, 2013 7:08:52 AM

23. Religion: longest running comedy routine in history.

Posted by: Lelo | Feb 23, 2013 7:09:23 AM

24. I fail to see the purpose in hating on Tebow, other than the fact he's an avowed Christian. I hate religions..ALL of them...but I certainly don't hate all individual religious people, especially if they publicly do the right thing,Like Tebow.

The small minded shills on TR are just as sad and depressing as the trolls.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 23, 2013 8:40:37 AM

25. Having witnessed Mr. Jeffress in public many times I will quote Shakespeare and say "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Posted by: bwana | Feb 23, 2013 9:44:21 AM