CPAC | GOProud | Jimmy LaSalvia | News | Republican Party

CPAC Still Won't Let GOProud Play With The Right Wing Big Boys

Lasalviatweet

Should the gay conservative group GOProud stop trying to attend the Conservative Political Action Conference, or does their continued rejection from the annual right wing event, and executive director Jimmy LaSalvia's promotion of this rejection, help their cause?

Or do these dust-ups end up hurting their cause, serving as yet another reminder to voters that the Republican base still rejects LGBT people as a whole, even their fellow conservatives?

(Via Joe.My.God.)

Comments

1. Maybe Ann Coulter can sneak em in through the side door.

Posted by: greenfuzz | Feb 16, 2013 7:26:14 PM

2. A libertarian is someone who pretends to be a rugged individualist while all the while taking advantage of all the collectivists programs and benefits a liberal democracy offers.

Posted by: andrew | Feb 16, 2013 8:25:54 PM

3. GOPROUD? They have absolutely nothing to be proud about! CPAC doesn't want 'em an' we don't want 'em either! I guess they have each other, but that's precious-little consolation...as they probably hate each other too.

Posted by: Geoff | Feb 16, 2013 9:11:08 PM

4. Most of us oldsters were raised to hate ourselves; you younger people need to run as far away from this crap as you can!! Why do we need to hate ourselves when closet cases like phelps and the moronic republican'ts insist of doing it for/to us?

Posted by: billlmiller | Feb 17, 2013 9:25:58 AM

5. When will GOProud learn that the Republican Party they seem to connect with does not exist any longer? The party of Abraham Lincoln is dead or dying and being overtaken by the tea party. These are not two parties. The Tea party IS the Republican party. So, get a clue! And realize you are fighting a battle on a losing team. You can be conservative and not be a Republican. Lots of Independents and Libertarians do it. If the conservative gays want to continue to hit their heads against a wall, let them. Just stop writing about it so that I have to be reminded about it. Stupidity makes me crazy. It's like a bunch of spoiled kids kicking and screaming because they aren't getting something they want....acceptance. Well, it ain't gonna happen GOProud. So stop wasting time and all too precious resources and get a new plan. This one ain't workin' and it never will in this current political environment.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Feb 17, 2013 9:40:26 AM

6. @ David Hearne: The 12-million "aliens" have beem here for a very long time. They mostly do the work that lazy and entitled Americans will not do. Let see you wash dishes in a hot kitchen all day or night. Let's see you hand-pick strawberries in the 98-degree California sun for minimum wage less. You wouldn't last a day.

Climate change is real. Science has shown that. And if you believe in that car you drive or the nuclear bombs you cherish, you believe in science. You can't pick and choose with science or math you want to believe in. They are constant. Math cannot and does not lie. Regulations that are in place and created are there not to tax the hell out of a company. They are there to force a company to operate in the responsible manner they should were they not only concerned about the corporate profits and what those profits actually cost the American people.

NO ONE- I repeat-NO ONE can legislate "good" or "bad". The Republican Party has been trying to do that for years. (Note DOMA). Your words are hollow and disappointing. Life is going to progress, David. It's the way of the world. Your life in years to come will not be as it is now, just as your life today is very different from years ago. You can decide to progress or not, but the world will move forward with or without you.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Feb 17, 2013 9:57:43 AM

7. noteasilyoffended

"The 12-million "aliens""

There is no need for quotation marks. They are by definition illegal aliens.

"have beem here for a very long time."

Irrelevant.

"They mostly do the work that lazy and entitled Americans will not do."

Shibboleth. They do work that Americans have done for centuries. Get rid of the illegals, get rid of most welfare, and the wages will rise to meet staffing needs.

"Let see you wash dishes in a hot kitchen all day or night."

I've done that. I washed dishes at a gay restaurant while I was in college.

" Let's see you hand-pick strawberries in the 98-degree California sun for minimum wage less. You wouldn't last a day."

Strawberries are a winter crop in Florida. Too much heat and sun kills the little dears. The reasons that agribusiness use illegals is because they are illegal If you make them legal, then welfare and labor laws will conspire to neutralize that labor segment. It's too complicated to discuss at length in here, but you clearly do not understand the dynamics.

"Climate change is real. Science has shown that."

Climate does indeed change. Science has indeed shown that. Climate Change (two capitals designating a proper noun) is bunk; science has shown that.

" Regulations that are in place and created are there not to tax the hell out of a company. "

You clearly were not paying attention, or else you were chanting with your buds at DU at the time. Google ye this: " Who Pays for Cap and Trade?"

"Say it again---- NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE YOUR PRECIOUS GUNS FROM YOU, even if they are assault rifles. Get over this lame and wrong assumption. You are being lied to."

I am being lied to... by you and your ilk. Biden, Feinstein, and Shumer are all on record for wanting all out gun bans.

"Your take on education is just appalling and arrogant. Your words are entitled and prejudiced. The real strength of a society is how the society can use the talents of each member to make the whole stronger. Everyone has something to contribute."

My take on education is that anyone with any sense would never send their child to a public school. We paid schools taxes and then paid tuition so that our children wouldn't have to be put in a classroom with kids who can't or won't learn and won't allow anyone else to. Both of my sisters worked as school teachers at one time, and neither would do it again. I don't think you actually have a clue what public school classrooms are like these days and under the shackles of ridiculous laws and court rulings. We ended up homeschooling the last one because even the Quaker school had gone of its rails.

" Your life in years to come will not be as it is now, just as your life today is very different from years ago. You can decide to progress or not, but the world will move forward with or without you."

All change is not progress. Progress requires selectivity and people like you call merit assessment oppression.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 11:44:07 AM

8. David Hearne you are grossly misinformed but the GOP talking points you seem to know very well. Are you a member of GOProud?

Posted by: Bobby | Feb 17, 2013 12:09:32 PM

9. David, I understand very much of this conversation, thank you very much. I understand that your words make you appear a person who is struggling to hold on to an America that no longer exists. There is much assumption and inaccuracy in your statements. Are you gay? Are you a registered Republican? Your words give me the thought that you are a registered Republican, straight, male, 50-60, white, living in Florida, married with children, registered NRA member.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Feb 17, 2013 12:34:41 PM

10. David, I understand very much of this conversation, thank you very much. I understand that your words make you appear a person who is struggling to hold on to an America that no longer exists. There is much assumption and inaccuracy in your statements. Are you gay? Are you a registered Republican? Your words give me the thought that you are a registered Republican, straight, male, 50-60, white, living in Florida, married with children, registered NRA member.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Feb 17, 2013 12:34:50 PM

11. stop feeding Hearne the Troll - it's one more sock-puppet alias for this site's resident coward.

See? He's angry at "feminists"....riiiiiight... sound familiar?

Show yourself, "Hearne" - bet ya can't. Chump :D

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 17, 2013 1:02:09 PM

12. So, once again, the Go Proud Girls have been humiliated by their Republican masters. Yet, they still clamour to be let in to the Republican club? Talk about masochists! GoProudGirls, I'd suggest maybe signing up for the next White Party in Palm Springs or another Gay Cruise to Nowhere. Those are more your speed.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 17, 2013 1:14:54 PM

13. @ Andrew

I didn't say that I am a Libertarian. I said that I am a libertarian nationalist. I'm actually a fascist but I thought you would be too stupid and incapable of differentiating between a Nazi and a fascist.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 1:55:20 PM

14. @ Andrew

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 1:55:20 PM

15. @ Bobby

No, I am not a member of Goproud. I notice that your criticism didn't include any refutation; just whining. Typical.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 1:59:35 PM

16. @ Bobby

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 1:59:36 PM

17. I don't need to give anyone proof because proof is only for effeminate feminists and liberals.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:04:52 PM

18. @ notgiventofacts

" I understand that your words make you appear a person who is struggling to hold on to an America that no longer exists."

How tiresome. Let's see if you bother with anything factual or objective.

"There is much assumption and inaccuracy in your statements. "

Nope

"Are you gay?

Yep.

" Are you a registered Republican?
    "

Nope

" Your words give me the thought that you are a registered Republican, straight, male, 50-60, white, living in Florida, married with children, registered NRA member."

no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no/yes (uncle not father), yes

Now that we have that out of the way. Did you intend to contribute anything or simply to whine?

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:04:56 PM

19. @noteasilyeducated

This summer I will reluctantly move back to (freezing cold) California. What will you automatically know about me then?

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:07:36 PM

20. Feminists without guns are the problem because everyone knows a masculine patriot is nothing without a gun.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:12:41 PM

21. Oh kiwi, now you're pretending to be me?

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:22:35 PM

22. Feminists without guns are the problem because everyone knows a masculine patriot is nothing without a gun.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:12:41 PM

Kiwi, seriously?

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:23:26 PM

23. Sorry, I mistakenly blamed Kiwi for that when in reality it was my other alter-egos coming out to play. I'm completely messed up, you see, and post under various aliases because none of my sockpuppets have the spines to post things from a place of visibility.

So, no, Kiwi, I will not be proving any URL or proof of who I am, as your queeny screeching demands. But I will continue to post tripe under various names and then pretend it's not because I'm a complete coward. Also, I may get confused as to which personality I'm adopting at any given moment.

I'm like Sybil, only I didn't win an Emmy for my crazy.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:27:14 PM

24. For your information, Kiwi, I need to own guns because my entire family would shoot me if given the opportunity. Of course you're too selfish to understand how hard it is for us old white conservatives.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:34:22 PM

25. Also, feminists are to blame because feminists make gay men look like they're effeminate and I hate that because I'm crotchety and haven't been laid since my beloved country was forced to Integrate.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:37:08 PM