Australia | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Clinton and Callum

Clinton_callum

Australia's Same Same profiles Clinton and Callum, who held their wedding in Watson's Bay, Australia in November after having a civil partnership in Great Britain:

Cc2We, like so many people in Australia, support marriage equality. When Callum proposed, we originally were going to wait until it became legal. There is just something special about exchanging vows that has more impact if they were legally recognised.

But the thought of waiting for 5, 10 or even 15 years for legalities to catch up with social opinion was just not an option for us. The thought of someone else deciding when we were ready for this next chapter in our lives didn’t seem to sit well – why should politics dictate when we feel that we are ready to get married, or at all?

To our friends and family this day is not a wedding between two men or even a civil ceremony, as it is most commonly called. But it is simply a wedding.

We hope that our day was an example to society of what a modern day wedding looks like. It’s not a man and a woman, a man and a man or even a woman and a woman… but two people, standing in front of the most important people in their lives expressing their love and devotion to each other, witnessed by family and friends and recognised my law.

Watch their video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Bloomington, Indiana Mayor and 13 Same-Sex Couples [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Andrew and Rob [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Tony and Kevin [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Aaron and Danny [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Eli and Dave [tlrd]

Cc3

Clinton & Callum from Soda Films on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Georgeous. Unbelievable. What were all those older people really thinking?

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 4, 2013 12:00:15 PM

2. This was just another Monday until I watched this video. Man, perhaps one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It truly was perfect!

Posted by: Gary | Feb 4, 2013 12:24:53 PM

3. I gotta stop watching these...all this Love and Happiness!
    ;-)

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Feb 4, 2013 12:42:16 PM

4. I usually avoid watching these because they're so bitter-sweet for me (I live in a country where I am not allowed to get married) and, sure enough, after watching this video, I am crying. I am very happy for this couple, though.

Posted by: stingo | Feb 4, 2013 12:57:28 PM

5. Awww! :)

Posted by: Dback | Feb 4, 2013 1:10:22 PM

6. STINGO - hang in there sweet one. You're day is coming. Hasten it, if you can, by immigrating. Your happiness for this good couple is, in its way, a ticket to your own. It can happen for you as well.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 4, 2013 1:32:37 PM

7. Words cannot express how beautiful that was. I was a lucky man being able to marry my Garrett last summer. Many wonderful blessings to these two and their wonderful supportive families.

Posted by: David | Feb 4, 2013 1:45:05 PM

8. Lots of kisses. Yay!

Posted by: Glenn I | Feb 4, 2013 2:01:06 PM

9. Not. A. Marriage.

I would go to a country that allows marriage to, you know, marry.

Posted by: Chris | Feb 4, 2013 2:03:27 PM

10. Perfect "B" is for BOY couple. Cardboard cut out paper dolls are beyond imaginable gay sexuality. Good show.

Posted by: Adam | Feb 4, 2013 2:23:44 PM

11. OMG...I totally can't believe I watched this at work. I am a hot mess! I cried almost throughout this whole video. They are truly a beautiful couple and I pray that God grants them many blessings. How wonderful to have the love and support of their family and so many friends.

Love and blessings to you both!

Posted by: Gaiboi | Feb 4, 2013 2:55:38 PM

12. Aww, how cute! Kissing under an umbrella! I like what they wrote also. Best wishes to the newly"weds"!

Posted by: Mary | Feb 4, 2013 3:20:09 PM

13. Why Mary...you've come so far it's almost subversive.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 4, 2013 3:37:13 PM

14. Beautiful! Best wishes, gentlemen.

Posted by: Carlos | Feb 4, 2013 3:39:06 PM

15. Awww, tearing up right now. They are amazingly adorable, and the wedding was perfect. So good to see such supportive friends and family.

Posted by: Aussie54 | Feb 4, 2013 3:40:48 PM

16. I hope you both have a wonderful and happy life together, Clinton and Callum.
    You both look so fond of each other and loving towards each other.
    And thank you for sharing your big day; many of us need to see this; many young men need to know your life and your example, we need to know that having a serious committed relationship can be a very beautiful way of living.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 4, 2013 3:45:35 PM

17. Andy, could you send this clip to the Family Research Council; they need to know what a loving family and loving extended family is all about.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 4, 2013 3:48:16 PM

18. Wow.... I am NOT the type to tear up but danggg. That was powerful and genuine and so sweet. I just think seeing same sex couples wed, and knowing what they likely had to go through in their life journey, the struggles and status/societal hardships,to be at that moment and celebrate their love makes same sex marriages that much more special in my book.

Posted by: USC Trojans Fan | Feb 4, 2013 3:51:44 PM

19. What a beautiful video. How lucky are these beautiful young men to have such supportive families and to have found each other. Thanks for sharing this.

Posted by: Jay | Feb 4, 2013 4:02:28 PM

20. I'm just on the floor in a puddle of happy tears. Congratulations guys, you have no idea how happy you've made all of us.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Feb 4, 2013 4:56:42 PM

21. I'm enjoying these videos greatly, with tissues at hand, but there's a problem. These handsome Aussies are joined "by the power of their love" to be "partners for life," and one even remarks he "can't legally refer" to his partner as his husband. I hate to be a grinch, but...

Are we just growing verklempt for form over substance? Creating lovely celebrations that make each other cry in joy seems like a very gay thing to do, but it also seems like half a loaf when those ariatic bits of theater mean nothing outside of ourselves. How much significance did this have within their home country?

Posted by: SC David | Feb 4, 2013 6:30:02 PM

22. @SC David, I know what you mean, I think, but I disagree. No, this wedding isn't a legal event in Australia and it won't gain them any legal rights or responsibilities.

That's a shame and it's unfair, but that by no means renders the event useless, the vows meaningless. They celebrated their union, a public statement of love and devotion, in front of their friends and family. That is what marriage really IS, a joining of two people. That doesn't change whether or not a church or government recognizes it, at its heart it's a personal, public declaration.

So congratulations to Callum and Clinton and may they soon marry in the legal sense to match the real union they celebrated here. And how great is it that one of the dads was dancing with his new son-in-law?!

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 4, 2013 7:46:05 PM

23. @SC David: Regarding your question, "Are we just growing verklempt for form over substance?" ... Aside from the video making it obvious as to how ridiculous it is for the government to not recognize their marriage, they got the ceremony taken care of while still as young as a typical straight couple that gets married. When the state finally catches up, they can get a license and get the paperwork signed.

Posted by: Bill | Feb 4, 2013 7:51:09 PM

24. This video is a powerful voice of the people and that's the way it is both relevant and entirely authentic sans any governmental imprimature. When that validating stamp comes from the nation of Australia itself they can marry again more officially. In the meantime they have done it anyway as the shining drops that fly before the wave. Congratulations sweethearts, proceed on the path for two.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 4, 2013 8:33:57 PM

25. Yep. Thats the way it ought to be: so easy, natural aand beautiful.

Posted by: andrew | Feb 4, 2013 8:37:20 PM