Australia | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Clinton and Callum

Clinton_callum

Australia's Same Same profiles Clinton and Callum, who held their wedding in Watson's Bay, Australia in November after having a civil partnership in Great Britain:

Cc2We, like so many people in Australia, support marriage equality. When Callum proposed, we originally were going to wait until it became legal. There is just something special about exchanging vows that has more impact if they were legally recognised.

But the thought of waiting for 5, 10 or even 15 years for legalities to catch up with social opinion was just not an option for us. The thought of someone else deciding when we were ready for this next chapter in our lives didn’t seem to sit well – why should politics dictate when we feel that we are ready to get married, or at all?

To our friends and family this day is not a wedding between two men or even a civil ceremony, as it is most commonly called. But it is simply a wedding.

We hope that our day was an example to society of what a modern day wedding looks like. It’s not a man and a woman, a man and a man or even a woman and a woman… but two people, standing in front of the most important people in their lives expressing their love and devotion to each other, witnessed by family and friends and recognised my law.

Watch their video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Bloomington, Indiana Mayor and 13 Same-Sex Couples [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Andrew and Rob [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Tony and Kevin [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Aaron and Danny [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Eli and Dave [tlrd]

Cc3

Clinton & Callum from Soda Films on Vimeo.

Comments

1. This is the most obsequious gay generation ever. The worst gay generation ever.

Posted by: Quentin | Feb 4, 2013 8:39:01 PM

2. Congrats to the couple! I love these videos.

Posted by: Reality | Feb 4, 2013 10:27:08 PM

3. @Caliban and Bill--

Thanks for your responses. I think what gets to me is that as beautiful as the ceremony was, and as obviously meaningful as the day was to Callum and Clinton and their families, it is just so absurd that their relationship is invisible to the powers that be. When I consider some of the straight weddings that I saw last year, and how frivolous the vows and couples were, it creates cognitive dissonance for me when such obviously sincere couples as Callum and Clinton do not exist in the law's view. While I am joyful for them in their moment of bliss, I am also angered and consider it a motivator to fight for better marriage recognition here and in their home.

Posted by: SC David | Feb 4, 2013 10:50:24 PM

4. Videos like these does not usually affect me but this one was a tearjerker for me. The speech they made towards the end really hit close to home. Hopefully I am lucky enough to find someone like those two.

Posted by: EJ | Feb 4, 2013 11:50:43 PM

5. QUENTIN - you're fun...a troll's troll, king of the trolls.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 5, 2013 1:41:28 AM

6. Very, very beautiful. I am always cautious at beautiful ceremonies like this, because sometimes all the effort is put into the wedding, and not enough into the marriage. Good luck boys. It takes WORK.

Posted by: Yeek | Feb 5, 2013 5:45:39 AM

7. These wedding videos may all be very lovely and 'heartening', but are there none that are as beautiful and wonderful and happy and complete, etc, where one of the male partners is in a dress.
    Or are none of them allowed to get married or featured on towleroad or anywhere else?

Posted by: jamesholdip | Feb 5, 2013 11:37:23 AM

8. Just plain beautiful. This is the way it should always be. Thank you.

Posted by: RK | Feb 5, 2013 4:57:10 PM

9. Andy - Thank you for posting this and giving their video exposure. It is a stunning work, and I have tears on my cheeks as I write this. Thank you for sharing a video that tells the world, yes, indeed, love conquers all. And to Clinton and Callum, thank you for sharing your love with us. I am very, very happy to have seen your special day, and wish you a lifetime of happiness together.

Posted by: Hawthorne | Feb 5, 2013 7:04:16 PM

10. In the end, love shall conquer all. May these two very kind, sweet and loving gentlemen have 1,000 x 1,000 years of happiness together.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 9, 2013 12:13:09 PM