Jennifer Lawrence | News | Oscars

BigGayDeal.com

Jennifer Lawrence Reveals What She Was Thinking When She Fell on the Stairs at the Oscars: VIDEO

Lawrence

And it starts with the letter 'F'.

Watch Lawrence get real with interviewers backstage, AFTER THE JUMP...

Jl

Comments

1. I agree with the tone of her responses. Why are you asking me this? But she is so sweet she will do it with a smile and while she makes fun of you.

Posted by: TONEZ | Feb 25, 2013 11:23:59 AM

2. Love her. She was pretty fantastic on the red carpet too. The contrast between her and Hathaway this awards season has been striking.

Posted by: Stefan | Feb 25, 2013 11:26:32 AM

3. J-Law couldn't be any more likeable~

Posted by: Phillip | Feb 25, 2013 11:26:55 AM

4. Those responses were en point. Brava!

Posted by: yuninv | Feb 25, 2013 11:30:18 AM

5. She is class! AND she is super fun! We all said last night that we want to invite her over for beers and fart jokes. She just seems laid back and HUMBLE! (take notes Hathaway)

Posted by: C.J. | Feb 25, 2013 11:31:38 AM

6. Never seen anyone fall so gracefully. I don't know any young screen actors I'm happy for her. Speaking of "young"--Jane Fonda looked wonderful. I'll be as slim as Fonda when I'm 71. 'Course I'll have been dead for about 14 years, but I'll be slim.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 25, 2013 11:32:35 AM

7. She's very likeable in interviews, funny and self-deprecating, without much of a filter between brain and mouth. Her appearance on David Letterman to promote Silver Linings Playbook was great, with plenty of those off-the-cuff responses that are awkward, funny, and endearing. Letterman seems smitten with her. (The interview is on YouTube if you haven't seen it.)

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 25, 2013 12:00:01 PM

8. adorable moment, and a well-deserved win. i like this girl. i wanna day-drink with her.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 25, 2013 12:07:23 PM

9. I thought it was nothing, those things happen. But of course it is a big deal for Hollywood press.

Posted by: Matt26 | Feb 25, 2013 12:15:47 PM

10. even if I tripped -- my gown was beautiful bitches........

Posted by: steve | Feb 25, 2013 12:24:36 PM

11. I wish I wasn't this old, but I remember Carol Burnett falling up the steps when she won her first Emmy. It was good luck for her. I wish Jennier the same luck.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Feb 25, 2013 12:26:45 PM

12. @DERRICK: Nice call-out about Fonda. She was arguably best dressed of the evening. Perfectly tailored, bold color choice, etc. Yellow almost always seems to work well live and on tv (Witherspoon, Williams, Kidman, Blanchett have all done famously well with it). I'm surprised more don't wear it.

Posted by: Stefan | Feb 25, 2013 12:44:15 PM

13. She's awkward and utterly endearing. I hope we see much more of her!

Posted by: peterparker | Feb 25, 2013 12:58:25 PM

14. Yawn - Jennifer Lawrence has a face like a pillow from an opportunity shop. There's a rumor that she's not particularly gay-friendly.

Posted by: rise | Feb 25, 2013 1:37:41 PM

15. Although that rumor was started by my mother and she beat me when she found out I was gay so maybe she's just lying to me.

Posted by: rise | Feb 25, 2013 1:40:21 PM

16. Yeah, Rise, a rumour you started, no doubt.

Posted by: ger | Feb 25, 2013 1:41:40 PM

17. Just like I lie and call myself Rise and Bruce and other silly names when everyone knows I'm Jason.

Posted by: Rise | Feb 25, 2013 1:44:21 PM

18. Jason. Rick. Bruce. Rise. UFFDA. David Hearne. We're what happens when you never grow a spine.

Posted by: rise | Feb 25, 2013 1:48:02 PM

19. Stop trolling Kiki, you have said bad things about my father who was killed by blacks, which is the TRUTH!

Posted by: rise | Feb 25, 2013 1:51:04 PM

20. For the record, I have seen rumours about Jennifer Lawrence not always being exactly the nicest person in the world, but the comments that are typically pointed to as proof that she's homophobic and/or transphobic actually come across more like she's not always necessarily thinking through all the possible interpretations of what she says, and not like she's deliberately trying to be hurtful to the queerfolk. Not like that entirely lets her off the hook for what she says, of course, but there *is* a big difference between deliberate homophobia and occasionally speaking without thinking about the fact that you might be accidentally communicating something you didn't quite intend.

Then, of course, there's the fact that when I Googled "Jennifer Lawrence homophobic" just now, the very first post that comes up gives examples -- like calling herself fat, and talking about how much money she makes, and saying maybe not necessarily the nicest thing in the world about Jesse Eisenberg's OCD -- that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with homophobia of any sort.

Posted by: Craig S | Feb 25, 2013 2:13:20 PM

21. Whoever you are, trolling person, you need to get a new hobby.

Posted by: Craig S | Feb 25, 2013 2:14:25 PM

22. Her pal and co-star, Josh Hutchison, is an active for gay/straight alliances and she has pitched in. Not homophobic.

Posted by: chris | Feb 25, 2013 2:30:14 PM

23. OK, here's where the "homophobia" BS got started. JL was a guest on the Ellen show and she was talking about her new cat. She originally thought the cat was male because it had "a very masculine energy" (whatever that means), but the cat turned out to be female, so she said she and her brothers nicknamed it "Chaz Bono," implying it was transgender. The real Chaz Bono got his Y-fronts in a twist about it and other trans activists joined in.

It was a dumb thing to say perhaps, but she's young and it was a joke, not a deliberate attempt to be hurtful or mean. So far as I can tell that's the only "homophobic" thing she's said.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 25, 2013 2:37:51 PM

24. Caliban, the other one that gets pointed to is that she once said in an interview that she was kind of "dykey" as a child, in the sense that she was tomboyish and played sports.

Which, again, not really all that homophobic unless you're consciously determined to interpret it that way.

Posted by: Craig S | Feb 25, 2013 2:48:42 PM

25. Wow. She's so adorable! And so funny… I almost peed my pants.

Posted by: David | Feb 25, 2013 4:13:49 PM