Morrissey | News

BigGayDeal.com

Morrissey: If More Men Were Gay, There Would Be No Wars

Morrissey gets a question about politics from Rookie magazine:

MorrisseyWhat political causes mattered most to you back then, and are they still important to you now?

War, I thought, was the most negative aspect of male heterosexuality. If more men were homosexual, there would be no wars, because homosexual men would never kill other men, whereas heterosexual men love killing other men. They even get medals for it. Women don’t go to war to kill other women. Wars and armies and nuclear weapons are essentially heterosexual hobbies.

The most political gesture you can make is to refuse to eat animals. It was so when I was a teenager, and is still the case now.

Morrissey was mocked on Tuesday night by Jimmy Kimmel after canceling an appearance because Kimmel had booked the cast of Duck Dynasty as well. Duck Dynasty is an A&E show about a Louisiana family that hunts ducks. Morrissey called them “people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers.”

The WaPo reports:

Tuesday night, Kimmel was sincerely unapologetic for the snafu, telling his audience a young band from Denver called Churchill had very nicely stepped in for Morrissey, whose stance Kimmel said he “respects” – and about as convincingly as Seth MacFarlane saying he respects TV critics.

“There’s a very good reason why I didn’t dump ‘Duck Dynasty’,” Kimmel explained. “It’s because they have guns and Morrissey doesn’t.”

And if Morrissey is really serious, he shouldn’t be making TV appearances of any kind, Kimmel continued. For instance, when he appeared on David Letterman’s show recently, “there had to be an Outback Steak House ad in the mix.”

Morrissey, Kimmel concluded, “keeps finding ways to depress us.”

Comments

1. I'm tired of statements like this. It's like when people say, "If there were more women running the world, there would be no wars." Let's ask Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, and Indira Gandhi how that worked out...

Posted by: CMLion | Feb 27, 2013 2:52:27 PM

2. Mozz has always had a bit of a 'prima donna' air about him, but that is often true of outstanding artists....

Don't many of you appreciate the finest rock back of the 80s (the Smiths!)?

I wish him all the best....

Posted by: TonyJazz | Feb 27, 2013 2:55:28 PM

3. "Homosexual men never kill other men"?

Alexander The Great, John Wayne Gacy, Andrew Cunanan (the guy who killed Versace) and Jeffery Dahmer would beg to differ, Mozzie.

Posted by: Firestorm | Feb 27, 2013 2:57:48 PM

4. I guess he hasn't read the comments on towleroad. If comments could kill, we'd all be dead.

Posted by: dms | Feb 27, 2013 3:17:18 PM

5. "Bull. If I were dictator, the first thing I would do is therapeutically eliminate one billion people from the face of the planet.

That's an awful thought, David. And after you're done what would you populate Europe, Rusia, the United States & Australia with? Muslims? (Leave Canada alone)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 27, 2013 3:24:37 PM

6. The most dangerous men are men with internalized homophobia.

Posted by: james b | Feb 27, 2013 5:52:37 PM

7. Let's not tell him about Alexander the Great.

Posted by: jaragon | Feb 27, 2013 5:52:54 PM

8. Yea I just wanted to chime in and commend Shelly on her extremely balanced and intelligent comment. I was going to respond to the generalizations and frankly unfair comments Morissey made against straight men but she pretty much nailed it.

So I'm just going to laugh at the use of the term "animal serial killers". Seriously, this a**hat needs to take a course in psychopathology and stop likening omnivorism with murder with the intent to inflict pain. That being said, I *REALLY* dislike the backwards hicks of Duck Dynasty, so in this case I cant bring myself to care that much if someone tries to read them for filth. He just picked the wrong aspect to complain about in my opinion. If someone wants to eat veggies and no meat fine. And vice versa. But please leave your morallistic superiority out of it, k thanx?

Posted by: ble.d_out.color | Feb 27, 2013 5:57:16 PM

9. Good for Churchill!

Posted by: Shane | Feb 27, 2013 9:02:47 PM

10. Derrick - It was the muslims I was thinking about ejecting. Which billion people did you think I would vaporize?

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 27, 2013 9:50:46 PM

11. Jesse Yates (Dirkhising) would disagree...if he hadn't been murdered by two peodo hoomos.

Posted by: Marcey | Feb 28, 2013 12:43:09 AM

12. Yes, less wars. But there would be SO much more drama. Drama drama drama. just kidding.

Posted by: Miguel R. | Feb 28, 2013 3:46:34 AM