News | Pat Robertson

BigGayDeal.com

Pat Robertson Says Demons May Have Attached Themselves to Sweaters from Goodwill Shops: VIDEO

Pat_Robertson

A concerned 700 Club viewer called Pat Robertson yesterday to ask if what her mom had told her was true — that demonic spirits attach themselves to clothes and other items at Goodwill stores — and wondered what she should do about it.

Said Robertson: “Can demonic spirits attach themselves to inanimate objects, the answer is yes. But I don't think every sweater you get from Goodwill has demons in it...Hey, it ain’t going to hurt anything to rebuke any spirits that happened to have attached themselves to those clothes.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Demonic spirits": Check your calendars folks, it is actually 2013. Yet bible B.S. lives on in the minds of many, not just this fool.

Posted by: andrew | Feb 26, 2013 2:09:45 PM

2. Untreated mental illness is an ugly, ugly thing.

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Feb 26, 2013 2:09:48 PM

3. Now I've become distracted: WHICH Winchester would I want to have checking out my clothes?

Posted by: gregorybrown | Feb 26, 2013 2:45:33 PM

4. Does this crazy old coot still have ANY credibility anywhere in the world?

Posted by: LOL | Feb 26, 2013 3:11:10 PM

5. Pat, I think you are confused. It was The One Ring. It was cursed by Sauron, not a witch. That was Mordor, not the Philllipines. And that wasn't a girl affected by it, that was Elijah Wood. Sir, you have got to stop falling asleep with The Lord of the Rings playing on the TV.

Posted by: Book | Feb 26, 2013 4:00:16 PM

6. What if you buy some Mormon underwear at the Goodwill? Will the magic cancel out the demons?

Posted by: JJ | Feb 26, 2013 4:40:18 PM

7. Time for him to take his hateful and senile old mind and retire into obscurity where he belongs! What a nutjob. He is one pathetic human trainwreck.

Posted by: SFshawn | Feb 26, 2013 5:37:50 PM

8. You know what has an evil spirit? Products made by foreign sweatshop labor and sold at Walmart.

Posted by: jimstoic | Feb 26, 2013 6:31:15 PM

9. This is comedy from the all time straight man. God and he are Laurel and Hardy, Cheech and Chong. It's so stupid...Sooooo Stooopid...gasp...we haaave to call it comedy.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 27, 2013 12:17:10 AM

10. America's fundamental problem is this: Getting convicted for possession of coke will strip you of your voting privileges, but nobody seems to have any objections against people who seriously believe crap like this having a say in who runs our country!

Posted by: FFS | Feb 27, 2013 3:36:53 AM

11. Ditto on the sock comment and the next time I shop at Goodwill, I'll take my shrunken head to cast off evil spirits. Thanks for tip, Rev.

Posted by: Kathy Cheer | Feb 27, 2013 1:48:18 PM

12. I've been buying clothes at Goodwill most of my life...I've got that devil in my soul.

Posted by: Laney Larsen | Feb 27, 2013 4:24:01 PM

13. When I want a good laugh, I tune in to see what the latest comments are from the 700 Club's Pat Robertson.

Demon's attaching themselves to thrift store clothing????????????

I am laughing so hard I have tears on my cheeks.

Posted by: susan j. sager | Feb 27, 2013 6:05:39 PM

14. The follow up question that begs to be asked is.....If you buy your clothes at The Salvation Army are the demons pre-rebuked or should you still pray over them just in case?

Posted by: David | Mar 1, 2013 12:17:59 AM