Marco Rubio | News

BigGayDeal.com

Senator Marco Rubio is Very, Very Thirsty: VIDEO

SOTUNC1050

Marco Rubio delivered the Republican response to the State of the Union address this evening, with a very, very, very dry mouth.

Watch the disaster go down, AFTER THE JUMP...

And the full Monty:

Comments

1. maybe his pants were on fire.

Posted by: mikey | Feb 12, 2013 11:08:49 PM

2. They couldn't have put it on a table he could actually reach? Typical Republican planning.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Feb 12, 2013 11:10:19 PM

3. I guess lying through your teeth can really leave you parched.

Posted by: Chadd | Feb 12, 2013 11:11:14 PM

4. If your family fled Castro's communist revolution a few years before it even happened, as Marco use to lie about, you would be thirsty too.

Posted by: andrew | Feb 12, 2013 11:39:35 PM

5. Actually I think it's spewing so many straw men that leaves you so parched. Yet another joke of a Republican "contender."

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Feb 13, 2013 12:00:44 AM

6. He's so damn ugly.

Posted by: Pig | Feb 13, 2013 12:05:02 AM

7. @Pig: Really? That is your lame a$$ criticism?????

Posted by: andrew | Feb 13, 2013 12:14:57 AM

8. Cotton mouth.

Posted by: Brion | Feb 13, 2013 12:19:51 AM

9. crash and burn

Posted by: Moz's | Feb 13, 2013 12:21:59 AM

10. Is that a cuban nose job? Yes, I'm proud of my cubanness...but give me that nice amerikan nose everyone has come to know & love. Is there anything authentic about this donnie osmond wanna be?

Posted by: PAUL B. | Feb 13, 2013 12:30:02 AM

11. It was nearly as much a disaster as Bobby Jindal's response in 2009.

But - as amusing as it was to watch - I think it's unfortunate that most people will probably knock points off Rubio for that very human gaffe, rather than the unprincipled and ultimately incoherent attacks against the President.

Posted by: Nat | Feb 13, 2013 12:38:39 AM

12. He is so smarmy it's almost unbearable watch.

Posted by: Mike in nyc | Feb 13, 2013 12:47:56 AM

13. He is so smarmy it's almost unbearable watch.

Posted by: Mike in nyc | Feb 13, 2013 12:47:58 AM

14. They could have rerun the response from last year. Was it Paul Ryan?

Posted by: simon | Feb 13, 2013 12:49:08 AM

15. OOp. Not last year.I mean last time.

Posted by: simon | Feb 13, 2013 12:50:42 AM

16. Knowing that Rubio is the future "savior" of the Republican party pleases me to no end. Perhaps they should worry more about their backwards world view and less about who's going to "save" them from themselves...

Posted by: Robert M. | Feb 13, 2013 1:57:56 AM

17. Hysterical!!! The lip smacking dry mouth was sooooo funny, and then the lunge to the water bottle. The cheesy smile at the end made my night. Oh those crazy republicans. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted by: Will | Feb 13, 2013 2:01:10 AM

18. Boy the Republicans are in trouble if this dude is their savior

Posted by: oliver | Feb 13, 2013 3:14:10 AM

19. He looks as if he's practicing in front of a mirror, trying to learn his speech. There is no there, there.

Posted by: SC David | Feb 13, 2013 3:17:21 AM

20. EVERYTHING about this POS is pretentious. Everything. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G

Posted by: Duration & Convexity | Feb 13, 2013 3:47:22 AM

21. Why is it this guy bothers me more than any other politician?
    I mean he literally makes my skin crawl.

Posted by: J.J | Feb 13, 2013 3:48:16 AM

22. @76,I heard my first State of the Union by FDR over the radio. The next day the Chicago Tribune who hated FDR had on their picture page on the back of the Sports Section,a photo of President FDR reaching for a glass of water and not reporting on the speech! I see a similarity here. I've seen other web-sites mention Rubio's sweat,dry mouth and softer tone towards Obama, and little said on what he actually said. I think Towleroad now and the Trib a long tie before was reporting none-news. Like the recent news that Paker Brothers or who ever makes the game Monopoly get prime-time spots in print & broadcast media news when they said
    a new token has been added to their regular lineup. When's the last time you played Monopoly? It's been outdated for decades. I thought 25 years ago houses should be called motels,hotels called Condo's,Railways replaced by Airlines,and water works and electric company changed to bottle water and atomic energy... and phony paper money replaced to a debit/charge Card! As for Mr. Rubio,his pitch was softer, but he's still a Republican.

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin aka The Bleacher Preacher | Feb 13, 2013 3:48:35 AM

23. @ JJ
    It's because his mannerisms and overall appearance is very creepy. He looks like a serial killer to me. Calm, but crazy at the same time, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: Greg Cali | Feb 13, 2013 3:49:00 AM

24. This clown is the GOP's answer to pandering to Latino votes, and everyone on twitter is commenting about how transparent the GOP is about it too.

Posted by: Joseph | Feb 13, 2013 3:50:54 AM

25. Tio Tomás shilling for the rethuglican nonversation that they've been having for the past twelve years was not only insulting, but downright absurd, not only to the middle class, but to everyone that ever grew up with working parents that did everything to give them the opportunity to have more, and then to basically take an opportunistic dump in public by using his own family heritage to try to dupe the public into believing the nonsense. I found it utterly disgusting. And yes, I imagine he must HAVE been thirsty, knowing full well what twaddle he had prepared to smear in the ears of the general public. I'd have sooner choked on my own vomit than degraded myself that far.

Posted by: ESA | Feb 13, 2013 4:09:22 AM