Advertising | News

BigGayDeal.com

So God Made a Gay Man: VIDEO

Godmadeagayman

You may have seen a similar ad during the Super Bowl.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This was actually quite wonderful and touching, especially from the beginning until 1:30. But how about a more inclusive rewrite for the 1:30 to 2:00 minute stretch, because we don't all just contribute to art and culture: "God needed a soldier who would protect the freedom of those that too often wouldn't protect him, and keep harm from those who would do him harm; a hard worker to help sustain the world, even if that world didn't always try to raise him up; a great communicator, to speak of courage and love even as he was often regarded with deafening silence or angry shouts; an artist to make the lives around him more beautiful, even as his was so often made ugly; and a father and mentor to be all those things every day for children who would one day be able to grow old in a world that was more peaceful, more sustaining, more courageous, more loving, more beautiful. So God...made a gay man."

Posted by: Stefan | Feb 14, 2013 3:41:20 PM

2. SO.... who made a lesbian?

Posted by: Tessie Tura | Feb 14, 2013 3:48:58 PM

3. Should have been "So God Made Gay People"

Posted by: Greg | Feb 14, 2013 4:09:32 PM

4. Rather sexist isn't it?
    I guess God only made young, pretty gay men, no homely, fat or older gay men.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Feb 14, 2013 7:12:12 PM

5. While I can relate to much of the narration here and felt pride, I also felt a bit of disappointment that lesbians and transgendered folks were not included...are their struggles also not our struggles? In my experience, it is a resounding yes. I know some issues each of us face are are unique to each, but the overwhelming negativity and hate are things we all face and must conquer together.

Posted by: Curt | Feb 14, 2013 7:51:18 PM

6. @Tessie Tura: God? made a lesbian out of the gay man's rib. LOL!

Posted by: andrew | Feb 14, 2013 7:59:56 PM

7. This is freaking awesome, and perfect for Valentine's Day. And yes, I hope a lesbian filmmaker and a trans person make their own version of this video!

I feel so good right now. :) Love love love, people, everything else is chicken feed.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 14, 2013 8:38:19 PM

8. Pfft, he also apparently made all gay men under 160 lbs and mostly looking like chiseled Macy's models.

Oh yeah I forgot, anyone over 200 lbs in the gay community gets automatically exiled to purgatory, so I guess they don't count.

Posted by: Ian | Feb 14, 2013 8:57:53 PM

9. i loved it. version 2.0 can be about lesbians and 3.0 transgendered ... but this is a great vid, i admit. Hopefully some kid will see it and be proud of himself.

Posted by: Reality | Feb 14, 2013 11:21:11 PM

10. STEFAN - that was beautifully written and imagined. Thank you such a contribution.

And ya, this was good. I regard the expression "gay man" a symbol for all those living outside the box and who by the sacred power of their otherness bring genius and beauty to the world.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 15, 2013 1:31:16 AM

11. Actually.....I'm not that forgiving.

Posted by: Back Off Old Woman | Feb 15, 2013 1:33:22 AM

12. You'd think there were no ugly gays and we are all into the arts. Otherwise, good job.

Posted by: ron | Feb 15, 2013 3:51:31 AM

13. Yeah, I'm a gay man and was STILL a bit shocked and offended that there's no mention of my gay sisters.

So, the lord Sappho made a gay woman?

I'm also surprised - knowing that gay women can get their ire up as well as any gay man - that there isn't a bit more angst about this from the gals, but then I have to remember the basic demographic of this site:

white dudes.

Or maybe they're just better at ignoring crap like this. :-)

Posted by: johnny | Feb 15, 2013 7:04:42 AM

14. @Ian: Damn right! (So if I get my weight under 200#, can I get out of purgatory?)

Posted by: SFRowGuy | Feb 15, 2013 2:38:45 PM

15. Great video, if there were gods.
    There aren't.