David Burtka | Neil Patrick Harris | News | Oscars

Gay Power Couple Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka Demonstrate What Hollywood Glamour is All About: PHOTO

Nph_db

And you can't not love them for it.

Another photo, of Anderson Cooper and partner Ben Maisani, AFTER THE JUMP...

Outtakes from a Vanity Fair Oscar-Party Photo Booth over the years.

Anderson_ben

Comments

1. I agree with Art. And the hypocrisy of the gay community is not lost on me.

Speaking of hypocrisy...I guess tolerance only goes one way, eh? (And it ain't Art's way.)

Posted by: Jack | Feb 22, 2013 5:52:38 PM

2. This has been an interesting conversation on open relationships. When Dan Savages's open relationship comes up, there is not infrequently a fair amount of negative feedback.

FWIW: I don'r rhink rhere's been enough public info about Cooper and Maisani to make any determination.

@Jon: Perhaps because the right hand was the traditional gay marriage hand.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Feb 22, 2013 9:16:30 PM

3. I can't help it, I find NPH and his partner (I don't think they are married yet?) terribly adorable. They seem like such normal, fun guys, who don't take themselves too seriously. I wish them all the best!

Posted by: Lee | Feb 23, 2013 6:20:15 AM

4. Good for those in open relationships! Pursue your own happiness and what works for you.

Posted by: Morton | Feb 23, 2013 6:57:03 AM

5. Gay men can be in any type of relationship they want. You older, biter, conservative (and probably religious) types need to join your ex gay conversion program already. We don't want you part of our community, much less schooling us on it. Eff off.

Posted by: T.J | Feb 23, 2013 6:58:27 AM

6. Same sex couples don't need to model a heteronormative pattern for their relationships. Most hetero monogamous marriages end in nasty, ugly divorce anyways. Same sex couples are entitled to work out their relationships as they desire. Keep your judgment to yourself and figure out what's boring you in your existence to comment on someone else's life.

Posted by: Cali Greg | Feb 23, 2013 7:00:16 AM

7. @ Jack
    Yes, when dealing with you bigoted conservative trolls with your cliche "tolerance only goes one way" yes, while yes indeed it does. We'll never be tolerant of the intolerant like yourself. Please do get comfortable with that fact.

Posted by: Duration & Convexity | Feb 23, 2013 7:01:49 AM

8. If an open relationship works for some people, who the hell is anyone else outside that relationship to comment on it? Some gay men just lie to comment on other gay men's morality because it makes them feel more superior and hetero approved. Focus on your own livelihood Art/Rick.

Posted by: ArtsyFartsy | Feb 23, 2013 7:05:19 AM

9. Focus on your own miserable life and lack of love instead of worrying about the dynamic of how and why someone is in an open relationship or any kind of relationship that works for them. If you were getting laid frequently, you wouldn't care so much. Go do something.

Posted by: Que78 | Feb 23, 2013 10:26:25 AM

10. @ Rey
    Open conversations about why other people are perfectly happy and content in their open relationships as grown adults? In 2013? No. Learn to respect that what works for you doesn't work for others. No open conversation necessary.

Posted by: Vincent | Feb 23, 2013 10:36:04 AM

11. My partner/common-law husband/best friend/not legally married in any state yet & I will be celebrating our 34th anniversary in about a week. Some people have asked us to divulge the secret to the longevity of our relationship. That answer has changed about as often as the rules of our home. We have been monogamous and we have also been non-monogamous. We have allowed our union to change in order to accommodate the changes in ourselves. If you enter into a relationship with such hard and fast rules that don't permit flexibility, you are likely doomed to be still booking gay cruises when you're 60 hoping to find Prince Charming in heels. The only firm rules we've ever had is to always keep honest communication lines open between us, and to never tell each other any important lies (little ones like the answer to 'do these pants make my butt look good?' don't count).

Posted by: DrMikey | Feb 23, 2013 12:06:25 PM

12. I'm overdosing on egomaniac Neil and his "Plastic Pat" husband. That talk show gay has proven herself to be a breast hungry cliche with those Katy Perry pictures. Unfortunately Anderson waited too long to come out, so I only see an overexposed coward. Violet sends her one liner love!

Posted by: geb | Feb 23, 2013 3:29:34 PM

13. sorry for making a bitchy response to your asinine comment. mea culpa. or something.

any reply to the rest of my content? ;-)

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 23, 2013 3:37:19 PM

14. This is what happens when you photograph a comedian compared to a "serious journalist"

Posted by: Jayda | Feb 23, 2013 6:31:14 PM

15. Soooooo tired of NPH and his no-talent husband.

Posted by: Mark | Feb 23, 2013 7:07:48 PM

16. Love Niel Patrick Harris and his husband. They are so enjoyable, real, and seem genuine. Huge fans of theirs.

Posted by: Film Fanatic | Feb 23, 2013 7:18:06 PM

17. I'm loving seeing Niel Patrick Harris consistently working and being so talented. Loved seeing him at the Grammys, and think he's such a natural on camera. Thankful we have people like him in our community.

Posted by: Max | Feb 23, 2013 7:18:52 PM

18. Anderson, and NPH are so freakin adorable.

Really appreciate how open and honest they are about themselves.

Posted by: Klien | Feb 23, 2013 7:19:22 PM

19. I love both these couples, but then again, I find virtually all gay male couples really cute and charming in a sense.

Posted by: Steve-ATL | Feb 23, 2013 7:21:08 PM

20. I liked Truman Capote and that guy in jail for murder who was later executed from "In Cold Blood".

Posted by: GB | Feb 23, 2013 9:29:18 PM

21. Art I agree with u for the most part, others go ahead be open relationshiped but don't come crying to me when you figure out you can't handle the heart ache...

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 24, 2013 1:22:38 AM

22. Art I agree with u for the most part, others go ahead be open relationshiped but don't come crying to me when you figure out you can't handle the heart ache...

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 24, 2013 1:22:39 AM

23. Art I agree with u for the most part, others go ahead be open relationshiped but don't come crying to me when you figure out you can't handle the heart ache...

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 24, 2013 1:22:40 AM

24. Hopefully Neil Patrick Harris, won't take after Jean Harris.

Posted by: Abraham | Apr 1, 2013 10:17:15 PM

25. Burka is the Joan Kennedy in the relationship.

Posted by: Ty | Apr 1, 2013 10:19:05 PM