David Mixner | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Activist David Mixner Invites You to a Times Square Vigil for Equality

Mixner

Longtime activist David Mixner invites you to join him in Times Square on the eve of the Supreme Court hearings on marriage:

On Sunday evening (March 24) at 7:00PM, I will be taking a candle to Times Square - the window to the world and standing silently for one hour to give witness. I will be standing behind the half price ticket booth. There will be no speeches (although music is always welcomed) and no anger.

Have zero idea if it will be just me standing alone with my candle or just me and a few friends.

However, I am inviting you to come and stand with me to give witness to the nation and the world how important that week will be for LGBT American obtaining freedom and equality.

If the spirit moves you and you in New York City come on down to Times Square with your candle, your determination to fully equal and spend an hour with me.

Much love and peace.

Find more activities surrounding the SCOTUS hearings at United for Marriage.

Comments

1. YES! YES! YES

Make our collective appearance and voices heard folks

Posted by: Yantel | Mar 5, 2013 2:16:25 PM

2. If there was ONE gay related event each and every one of you had to attend, it should be the national marriage equality rallies in your city on March 26th. Most important and effective thing you can do to help our cause.

Posted by: DaLurker | Mar 5, 2013 2:17:16 PM

3. I'll gladly be going to the one in L.A. With pride. I'm standing in solidaroty with formers gay brothers & sisters who died, and the next generation of gay youth. It's our opportunity to shine. Visit the march 4 marriage facebook page to see the marches near you.

Posted by: MiMi | Mar 5, 2013 2:18:36 PM

4. hey Mimi, I am going to the one in LA too.

Posted by: Ant | Mar 5, 2013 3:32:30 PM

5. Just so you know, once this moves from historic to just history it starts to look like this:

Posted by: Sam | Mar 5, 2013 3:51:20 PM

6. NEW YORKERS -- grab your candles, and create an event that gets plenty of media coverage. Don't sit in a Gay bar or your house and hope, please.

Posted by: Bob | Mar 5, 2013 6:25:46 PM

7. This is something worth fighting for people. The goal of this march later this month is to shoot down the GOP myth that "there's so very few of these LGBT in our country. they barely exist. why change laws to accomodate such a non existent demographic" ...well, later this month, our goal is to show we're really not that small!

Please plan ahead, make a day out of it, and bring friends!

Posted by: J.J. | Mar 5, 2013 7:19:11 PM

8. I wish I could go to the one in Times Square, but the one in L.A. will have to do. (Um, where's the L.A. one gonna be?)

Le sigh, we had a rad night-before thing in L.A. on the eve of the California Supreme Court hearing on Prop 8 - oh, either a million years or two minutes ago - my perception changes. Though we billed it as the "Eve of Justice," we did not get justice that time. Still, it was the most rad activist event I'd ever participated in.

I'm glad this will be a smaller scale. Less hubris, perhaps. Because I feel in my bones we'll get justice this time. Prop 8 may have been the best thing to ever happen in terms of gay civil rights.

Posted by: Zlick | Mar 5, 2013 7:45:12 PM

9. Partner, I and our teenage son are in. We'll be in NYC then.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 5, 2013 9:28:47 PM

10. David Mixner has his head up his rear end. He has no respect for the Constitution, immigration laws, or anything else designed to preserve liberty and the nationhood of the United States. This is not surprising.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 6, 2013 2:05:53 AM

11. David Mixner is a great champion of the LGBT community. I hope thousands of people join him in Times Square.

Posted by: andrew | Mar 6, 2013 8:32:35 AM