Azealia Banks | Gay Slurs | News

BigGayDeal.com

Azealia Banks Doesn't Care About the Word 'Faggot': VIDEO

Oz_banks

Azealia Banks doesn't care about the C-word, the F-word, or the N-word she tells Channel [V] host Billy Russell. She also talks about how old people don't get the idea of what a "Twitter personality" is, and she'll gladly take the label of icon but it isn't enough:

"I am kind of like an icon so early in my career but I havent' reached that level of superstardom yet where it's like I'm so visible to everyone. That's the moment I'm waiting for where it's like supreme visibility."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Who is this woman?

Posted by: Tophier Verdugo | Mar 25, 2013 9:03:31 PM

2. Dream on nutcase. You will NEVER reach any level of superstardom. Bigots only fade away as the has-beens they really are.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 25, 2013 9:04:59 PM

3. The answer to her ignorance is to help her miss out on her dream of superstardom. If we have one ability, that is it!

Posted by: AKChris | Mar 25, 2013 9:08:10 PM

4. An ego in search of a brain.

Posted by: Richard | Mar 25, 2013 9:12:59 PM

5. Who is Azealia Banks, why is she notable and why is she being interviewed about slurs? Some context would help this article greatly.

Posted by: Jake | Mar 25, 2013 9:15:57 PM

6. Gurl, first you need to put out a quality album.. One good single (212) does NOT an icon make..

Posted by: scott | Mar 25, 2013 9:19:58 PM

7. Icon? Seriously? I have never heard anyone even mention this girl's name, except to call her out for her ignorant comments.

Posted by: LiamB | Mar 25, 2013 9:21:23 PM

8. get over yourself girlfriend

Posted by: gomez | Mar 25, 2013 9:22:21 PM

9. "Who is Azealia Banks, why is she notable and why is she being interviewed about slurs? Some context would help this article greatly." I agree. Who is she? I have never heard of her before...perhaps she is being so controversial in order to get noticed.

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | Mar 25, 2013 9:25:23 PM

10. "Everything I do must be for my own benefit and I think everyone else should be that way."

What exquisite irony that Ayn Rand reincarnated as a D-list black pop star.

Posted by: arrant | Mar 25, 2013 9:26:10 PM

11. My god, how the word "icon" has fallen.

Posted by: Keiran | Mar 25, 2013 9:26:25 PM

12. In order to be considered an icon, I think it's first necessary that people know who you are. Apparently this woman's main claim to fame is that she engaged in a Twitter war with Perez Hilton during which she called him "a messy faggot."

She has since explained that her definition of faggot is any male who acts like a female. She also claims to be bisexual.

I don't think getting in a Twitter war with anyone makes you an icon, but maybe Ms Banks has her own definition of that word, too.

Posted by: Ninong | Mar 25, 2013 9:32:15 PM

13. She's relying on shock value to make headlines. That won't last. I'm sure she burned some bridges in the process too.

Posted by: daws | Mar 25, 2013 9:51:36 PM

14. Forunately, I'm an iconoclast.

Posted by: kelehe | Mar 25, 2013 10:08:30 PM

15. Like, as if I care what, like, this cow says.

Posted by: rise | Mar 25, 2013 10:19:47 PM

16. Icon? Please.

Do something, anything notable... and then maybe.

I guess 'I'm big on Twitter!' is the new 'big in Japan.'

Posted by: John | Mar 25, 2013 10:20:45 PM

17. Icon? No. but i absolutely love her and I think she's right about the generation gap.

Posted by: RW | Mar 25, 2013 10:23:04 PM

18. Generation gap my a**! She's a DUMB B***H

Posted by: Audi-owner | Mar 25, 2013 10:25:54 PM

19. Please just put out a good album. Then we can talk about icon stuff. Actually just have 3 hit singles first.

Posted by: Billy | Mar 25, 2013 10:40:46 PM

20. compare an early interview with Madonna and this interview - the lack of charisma is...rather apparent. I will do my best to not judge this 21 year old. I don't think being narcissistic is going to help (or has helped) her creative process.

Posted by: steve | Mar 25, 2013 10:53:45 PM

21. I'm fed up with faux-talented females being given publicity for supposedly saying "edgy" things.

Posted by: Adam | Mar 25, 2013 10:53:55 PM

22. She sings? Acts? On reality series or just fizzles on YouTube? Another delusional personality whoring for attention.

Posted by: Bambinoitaliano | Mar 25, 2013 10:54:12 PM

23. Way to alienate the one group that could have made her an icon. Where do you think madonna, Kylie or lady gag would be without the gays ?

Posted by: Tristram | Mar 25, 2013 11:15:40 PM

24. *Gaga

Posted by: Tristram | Mar 25, 2013 11:16:18 PM

25. No one wants to know what she ate for breakfast. This chick is not only self-absorbed but BORING.

Posted by: tiko | Mar 26, 2013 1:00:21 AM