Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | News | Robert Jeffress

BigGayDeal.com

Texas Megachurch Pastor Compares Gay Sex to Plugging a TV into the Wrong Outlet and 'Blowing it to Smithereens': VIDEO

Jeffress

Robert Jeffress, the Texas megachurch pastor who recently got dumped by Tim Tebow, last week offered a graphic description of what happens during gay sex during on an appearance on the Trinity Broadcasting Network's program Praise the Lord, Right Wing Watch reports.

Said Jeffress:

And here's how it operates. It should be between a man and a woman, and it should be in the security of a marriage relationship....

Then Jefress goes into the TV comparison:

You know, in the instruction manual, it said, now plug this into a 120 outlet. Suppose I said, ‘Oh, I’m not going to follow those instructions, those are antiquated instructions. I’m going to plug it into a 220 outlet. It’s my TV and I can do whatever I want to with it. Well, it is my TV to do what I want to with it, but I’m going to blow that TV to smithereens if I put it in a 220 outlet!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Please oh please Jon Stewart watch this.

Posted by: mike | Mar 15, 2013 12:58:05 PM

2. Go ahead, pastor, tell me about all those times sex has caused gay people to blow up.

Posted by: Craig S | Mar 15, 2013 1:01:18 PM

3. A common logical fallacy called "weak analogy". It would seem that male anatomy is well-equipped for gay sex, even miraculously so. He might want to give this a second thought. It might make him realize, "Now wait a minute, maybe this all was meant to go together."

Posted by: Kyle | Mar 15, 2013 1:03:08 PM

4. With all the world's problems, he thinks God is sketching?

Posted by: Jeffrey York | Mar 15, 2013 1:28:45 PM

5. Most TVs I guess are bi-voltage.

His viewers need to believe all this nonsense otherwise their whole world view blows up along with their self-esteem. It's like every parent that thinks their kid is "above average".

Posted by: anon | Mar 15, 2013 1:37:13 PM

6. This man is clearly a moron, how he can be the spiritual leader of many is horrifying.

Posted by: Bob | Mar 15, 2013 1:44:12 PM

7. I think the worst part about this video are all the dumb asses in the audience agreeing with him

Posted by: Will | Mar 15, 2013 2:45:59 PM

8. hmmm funny how some people wear their intelligence on their faces.

Posted by: Johnny | Mar 15, 2013 3:04:23 PM

9. That Leslie Jordan just cracks me up!

Posted by: Walt NYC | Mar 15, 2013 3:31:32 PM

10. Of all the comments thus far... no one has pointed out one (the biggest, IMO) glaring problem with his analogy...

"I want you to think about this, one time in Heaven, God was sitting up there with his sketch pad and he said, ‘You know, I’m going to design human beings and wouldn’t it be fun if they started doing this together with one another?’ I mean, think about it. God dreamed up sex! He thought it up for our enjoyment! He gave us the equipment to enjoy it with.

And here's how it operates. It should be between a man and a woman..."

If God "made us for sexual pleasure" and that it was strictly for male-female unions.. why the hell did he put the male g-spot (prostate) in the male's ass?? Seems to me "God" made the male body with the full understanding that having a cock poke around up there is a pretty awesome thing... Maybe that's just me tho. :P

Posted by: theother lee | Mar 15, 2013 3:43:45 PM

11. The Fringies are grasping at any straws they can find in a desperate last ditch effort to pray away the gays.

The masses will ultimately realize that the archaic "tools" who insist on placing themselves in front of cameras to flaunt this sort of buffoonery are, basically, suffering from a sort of Bible-based dementia.

To think that sex takes place only between couples of the opposite sex and only when said couple is married in the eyes of the government is ludicrous, juvenile, uninformed and dangerous.

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvations.com | Mar 15, 2013 4:10:45 PM

12. That's one way to tell the world how bad you are in bed.

Posted by: Nino | Mar 15, 2013 4:42:27 PM

13. I'll just make sure not to have buttsex inside a Best Buy, just to be safe!

Posted by: Firestorm | Mar 15, 2013 4:59:42 PM

14. He needs to plug a BIG ELECTRIC DILDO up his ass oh wait he probably does that every night dreaming about Saint Timmy's football pants

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 15, 2013 5:24:48 PM

15. I wonder where this man is buying his mind altering drugs? It is a matter of time before he is caught in a very compromising situation and has to eat this words!

Posted by: JESS Kalinowsky | Mar 15, 2013 5:53:34 PM

16. WHAT A CLOSET CASE.....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Mar 16, 2013 3:26:40 PM

17. He of course is talking about intelligent design. The recent advance in evolution theory has dealt a fatal blow to this kind of nonsense. As expected, he is ignorant of scientific progress.
    Research on the fossil records in Burgess Shale, Canada and elsewhere discovered that there were a lot of "design faults" in early creatures about 500 millions years ago. Most of them were extinct and only a few evolved into modern day species.

Posted by: simon | Dec 27, 2013 12:07:19 AM