News | Rachel Maddow | Republican National Convention

BigGayDeal.com

Rachel Maddow Wonders How The Republican Party Can Possibly Rebrand its Image: VIDEO

Gop_maddow

Yesterday, I posted the RNC's 100-page report intended to counter the wacko headlines coming out of CPAC with points and recommendations aimed at helping the party recover from the losses it suffered in 2012 by portraying itself as more tolerant to minority groups, gay people, and younger voters.

Last night Rachel Maddow took a look at the report and wondered how they can possibly rebrand.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. I think I found the source for David Hearne's claim:

I wouldn't take the article seriously, but rather the domain name - this is from Fox News. Need anyone say more?

BTW, http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/29/us-israel-un-rights-idUSBRE90S0LH20130129 has a less biased account: "Israel's no-show at the Human Rights Council drew widespread criticism, including a tacit rebuke from the United States which said the U.N. process of reviewing human rights was a "valuable mechanism" as it was applied to all countries."

Perhaps someone can try to explain why I should object to the U.N. Human Rights Council criticizing Israel when I'd have no objection to it criticizing the U.S.: if you don't find out what you are doing wrong, you won't improve because you won't know what you should be trying to fix.

Posted by: Bill | Mar 19, 2013 7:52:37 PM

2. Can Rachel rebrand her image? Ditching the man's sport coat, and boy's hairdo might be in order. You have access to amazing gay make over magic. Superficiality would increase your ratings -- and your picture would be in every supermarket publication.

Posted by: Will | Mar 19, 2013 8:42:26 PM

3. @ Bill

"this is from Fox News. Need anyone say more?"

Did MSNBC report on it and I missed it? Or are you being stupid in a Democratic Underground sort of special way?

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 19, 2013 9:43:20 PM

4. The real problem is that you can't trust "re-branding" in products or in politics. If the contents don't change what does it matter that that box has a brighter look.

And no, I *don't* trust so-called moderate Republicans. You mean like Chris Christie, who vetoed the gay marriage bill? Or do you mean like the Republicans who say that they personally don't have a problem with gay rights but feel a "responsibility" to vote the way their constituency wants? Or how about the ones who have made some minor attempts at promoting equality, but once they've been threatened by the Tea Party do nothing but throw road blocks in the way?

The only way to change the "image" of the Republican Party is through ACTION, actual things accomplished, not through sound bites they never intend to follow through on.

Would I *like* to see them change? Yes, but I'll believe it when I see it and not a moment before.

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 19, 2013 10:04:03 PM

5. @Rick: How about some names? You know, those "far lefties" you rant on about? Just want to know if you can give us some enlightenment on the "far left", who's in charge, whose agenda we gays here at TR are, uh, in thrall to? I'd hazard a guess that 99.9% of the folks here have no idea who or what you are referring to. But then, I'm asking for facts, something whiny-con, butt-boys such as yourself just cannot seem to muster up when the chips are down.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 20, 2013 11:12:59 AM

6. Brabender is something of a regular on TRMS.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Mar 22, 2013 4:48:28 PM