Beyoncé | Morrissey | News

Morrissey Goes After Beyoncé for Aiding Rhino Extinction: VIDEO

Morrissey

Morrissey talked animal rights as he usually does at a concert at the L.A. Staples Center on Friday night, lamenting the extinction of the rhino. Though rhinos are under severe threat, and mostly from poachers who want their horns, Morrissey took aim at Beyoncé and her handbags. Beyoncé has been in the news this week for a pair of customized sneakers she created in collaboration with PMK and designer Isabel Marant which are made of calf hair, ostrich, crocodile, anaconda, and stingray skins, and also for wearing a leather outfit at the Super Bowl.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I usually think Moz says stupid things, but he's correct here. Those sneakers are absurd and unattractive. But he went fairly easy on her.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 4, 2013 9:09:55 AM

2. I'm sure all his clothes were made by people getting a living wage. Putz.

Posted by: Mykelb | Mar 4, 2013 10:02:37 AM

3. He's kind of right on this one.

Posted by: mike | Mar 4, 2013 10:37:28 AM

4. Beyonce & her husband are vile, tacky & completely without compassion.

Posted by: Nathan | Mar 4, 2013 11:14:29 AM

5. Beyonce & her husband are vile, tacky & completely without compassion.

Posted by: Nathan | Mar 4, 2013 11:14:31 AM

6. These shoes are really a statement: "I don't care about the world, everything is about me, me, meeeeeeeee!"

Posted by: coexxi | Mar 4, 2013 12:40:49 PM

7. Yeah, Morrisey is a bit much usually, but I'm totally with him here. I struggle constantly with my hatred for people who wear fur and my own meat eating habits. I guess I just see people who buy fur (or these shoes Beyonce is marketing) as just a little more awful. Especially when you realize how animals in the fur trade are actually treated. I do what I can to limit my meat consumption and try to be a thoughtful consumer. But at least I'm not out actively creating and promoting a product that is the result of horrific animal abuse. With Beyonce's resources and influence, it's a shame she isn't more aware of what impact this has.

Posted by: FancyPants | Mar 4, 2013 1:14:33 PM

8. How nice are the bags? It could be worth it.

Posted by: Adam Dunn | Mar 4, 2013 4:29:53 PM