News: Brendon Ayanbadejo, Extinction, Eagle, Michele Bachmann

RoadObama, celebrities tweet support for marriage equality.

Heron_eagleRoadFly heron, fly!

RoadPrince Harry returning to America.

RoadBrendon Ayanbadejo: Baseball might be before football with an openly gay player. "The reason I say that is because I think there is less of a connection to religion in baseball. The religious roots are a lot deeper in basketball and football. With that being said, I think baseball players are more open minded."

RoadRyan Gosling to play Oscar Pistorius?

RoadScientists want to bring 22 animals back from extinction. "They chose the animals using the following criteria: Are the species desirable – do they hold an important ecological function or are they beloved by humans? Are the species practical choices – do we have access to tissue that could give us good quality DNA samples or germ cells to reproduce the species? And are they able to be reintroduced into the world – are the habitats in which they live available and do we know why they went extinct in the first place?"

RoadLooking back at the Golden Girls and marriage equality.

RoadJames Franco and Howard Stern discuss the 'Hatha-haters'.

GoreskiRoadBrad Goreski flexes again for Terry Richardson.

RoadCold sores, herpes virus linked to memory loss.

RoadBachmann campaign hit with Congressional Ethics probe: "The Daily Beast has learned that federal investigators are now interviewing former Bachmann campaign staffers nationwide about alleged intentional campaign-finance violations. The investigators are working on behalf of the Office of Congressional Ethics, which probes reported improprieties by House members and their staffs and then can refer cases to the House Ethics Committee."

RoadA new teaser trailer for Mad Men was released.

RoadThe New Normal takes on the Boy Scouts ban.

RoadFlorida 'Family' group predicts boy-on-boy action if Boy Scouts lift gay ban: "The list also predicts 'a surge of boy-on-boy sexual conduct' and 'Cub Scout packs and Boy Scout troops marching in gay-pride parades with salacious conduct and partial nudity.' And for some reason, worries about 'URL website links from individual pack, troop, and council websites to other websites with inappropriate sexual and political content.'"

Comments

1. That Florida "Family" group seems a bit obsessed with potential cub scout gay orgy.

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 26, 2013 5:15:33 PM

2. There will always be boy on boy action inside or outside of boy scouts. It's natural sexual development phase. Is this group human? Do they understand human growth?

Posted by: bambinoitalianoba | Mar 26, 2013 5:23:21 PM

3. Love Ayanbadejo, but I'm not sure he's right about that. Baseball strikes me as the most blue collar of the 3, with attendant blue collar/red state "values". In fact, this was already covered by Towleroad:

Posted by: EchtKultig | Mar 26, 2013 5:41:23 PM

4. Does the "Cold sores, herpes virus" story go with the Terry Richardson photo?

Posted by: ripper | Mar 26, 2013 5:45:43 PM

5. Man--these Boy-Scout gay-hating group members sure have some dirty minds.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Mar 26, 2013 6:06:34 PM

6. I used to fool around with neighborhood boys all the time. Same with the girls really. I'm 100% gay and I fully believe at least most of those boys are 100% straight. It's just part of growing up and playing doctor. I love how anti gay people are so concerned about these magical powers we have to lure people into bed. If only it were that easy.

Posted by: FancyPants | Mar 26, 2013 6:17:31 PM

7. I'll vote for bringing back the dodo bird. We can put them in a petting zoo so that certain members of congress can have something to feel intellectually superior to.

Posted by: Bill | Mar 26, 2013 7:45:43 PM

8. I was in the Boy Scouts in the early 70's. We were on a campout and the guys in my tent and I heard laughing and giggling from another tent (we were supposed to be asleep). We figured out it was a kid in the scoutmasters tent. FF to a few years ago and I mentioned it to my Dad. He said that the scoutmaster of our troop liked to tie up boys to trees and photograph them. "How St. Sebastian" I said. He told me the guy fled our small town just before he was arrested, to likely go someplace else in those pre-Internet days and repeat the cycle.

How about the Scouts root out pedo scoutmasters first before worrying about gay scouts?

Posted by: Henry Holland | Mar 26, 2013 9:20:05 PM

9. When I was in scouts, there was a lot of boy on boy action. It was no big deal and a heckofa lot of fun.

And, yea, some icky (what I now know of as pedophile) troop leaders.

No matter what the official Boy Scout position, there will always be boys getting their wieners out (men too... :))

And for that I am glad.

Posted by: asm | Mar 26, 2013 9:57:49 PM

10. Ryan, stay on your break! That project is obscene!

Posted by: iban4yesu | Mar 26, 2013 10:10:12 PM

11. Gotta agree with EchtKultig; it's been my impression that baseball is the most conservative of the 4 major team sports. While the NFL has Ayanbedajo, Chris Kluwe, Scott Fujita and others, I don't know of any pro baseball players that have so forcefully supported gay rights.

If I had to rank the sports from most liberal to most conservative, it would probably be: hockey; football; basketball; baseball.

Posted by: Joseph | Mar 27, 2013 9:22:09 AM