News: Dolphin, Veronica Mars, Chris Hayes, Cory Booker, Rand Paul

RoadVeronica Mars movie Kickstarter campaign raises $2 million goal in 10 hours.

DolphinRoadDolphin seen swimming in NYC's East River. "Dolphins are occasional visitors to New York’s waterways and, unlike in January, when an obviously ailing dolphin turned up in the filthy Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn, marine mammal rescuers did not immediately sound alarms."

RoadDennis Rodman figures out way to get noticed in Rome: drive around in his own Popemobile.

RoadIf you wear Google's Glasses you are an a**hole.

RoadOpenly gay man named new leader of Jewish Reconstructionist movement: "Rabbi Klein is the first openly gay man to head a national rabbinic association in the United States."

RoadTom Hardy without puppy.

RoadCourt overturns Virginia's anti-sodomy law: "The majority ruled that Virginia’s 'Crimes Against Nature' anti-sodomy provision is unconstitutional in light of a 2003 U.S. Supreme Court decision invalidating state laws that make sexual activity between consenting adults crimes."

RoadHere's what Games of Thrones would have looked like if it had come out in 1995.

RoadThings are stirring on the set of True Blood.

Chris_hayesRoadChris Hayes to fill Ed Schultz spot at 8 pm on MSNBC.

RoadNate Silver predicts when the new Pope might die: "As a matter of actuarial science, Francis is not likely to have an especially long tenure. The nine previous men who were known to be 75 or older at the time of their election to the papacy served for an average of only five years."

RoadElton John to appear on new Fall Out Boy album?

RoadCory Booker launches fundraising blitz: "Since announcing last December that he would "consider" a bid for the Senate, Booker has declined to make his candidacy official, saying only that he won't make an announcement until after the New Jersey gubernatorial race this November. But event RSVP forms posted on the mayor's political website — hidden from the homepage, but still searchable to the public — make clear that his still nascent fundraising efforts are robust, and that his campaign operation is already well underway."

RoadSpy agencies to get access to Americans' finances.

RoadMatthew McConaughey is slowly expanding back to life.

R_paulRoadRand Paul: " I believe in the historical definition of marriage. That being said, I think contracts between adults—I'm not for limiting contracts between adults. In fact, if there are ways to make the tax code more neutral where it doesn't mention the word marriage, then we don't have to redefine what marriage is."

RoadJudge declares mistrial in Cara Rintala case after jury can't come to consensus: "Rintala was on trial in the murder of her wife, Annamarie Cochrane Rintala, 37, who was found beaten and strangled in the couple’s Granby home on March 29, 2010. Police responding to a 911 call from a neighbor arrived at the scene to find Cara Rintala sitting on the basement floor with her wife's paint-splattered body in her lap, wailing."

RoadAustralian network TEN edits intimate gay scenes from Glee: "In the episode  implied sex scenes between Kurt & Blaine and Santana & Quinn were edited, yet heterosexual ones remained. A scene with Finn and Rachel, whereby Rachel removes her clothing so that it is implied she is naked under the bed covers, remained intact."

Comments

1. Rand Paul is such an idiot. His solution would result in country where straight white Christian couples are benefited everywhere, but same-sex, mixed-religion, mixed-race, or even re-marriage couples face frequent or even widespread discrimination.

And no, I am not going to be blamed for ACTUALLY destroying marriage, Rand.

Posted by: Randy | Mar 14, 2013 3:29:12 PM

2. Chris Hayes informs you, and is not hard to look at. That is all.

Posted by: bamjaya | Mar 14, 2013 3:30:17 PM

3. I am no fan of Rand Paul, but I have wondered how marriage equality would be faring if the case in favor of it was being argued as a contract between willing adult parties rather than a civil rights matter. After all, state laws generally define marriage as a civil contract and two persons of the same gender can enter into other contracts that are governed by state law -- business partnerships, sales contracts, mortgages.

Posted by: jpeckjr | Mar 14, 2013 3:36:29 PM

4. For some reason I always thought Australia was much more progressive and forward-thinking but increasingly it seems to be not the case.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Mar 14, 2013 3:37:15 PM

5. Rand isn't as bad as some in the GOP (not saying much), but he is obviously an idiot likely to become a lot like his dad, and I find it a joke that he's considered the most high profile libertarian in this country (though he is barely one).

I'd love to ask Rand and others with his view: what would the historical definition of marriage be? From what I know, it had nothing to do with the civil sphere at all. And that would be at least consistent with his supposedly "libertarian" philosophy. I'd love to see him run on a platform that's going to completely abolish civil marriage and see how many votes he'd get.

Posted by: Thomas | Mar 14, 2013 3:39:38 PM

6. Rand Paul looks so much like the Scarecrow on the Wizard of OZ and he doesn't have any courage either based on the BS coming out of his Scarecrow mouth.

Posted by: SFshawn | Mar 14, 2013 4:00:36 PM

7. bamjaya,
    I totally agree with you and I too like Chris Hayes. The only problem for me is that he is often hyper and spastic and I can only watch that type of personality for so long before it exhausts me just by listening. I hope his new timeslot works out, but I might suggest he switch to decaffeinated coffee!

Posted by: Toby | Mar 14, 2013 4:01:13 PM

8. Rand Paul is historically an idiot. There is no consistent historical definition of marriage.

the problem with his being an idiot is that it makes it seem like the anti gay marriage people have an argument when in actuality its a false claim

Posted by: Factoid | Mar 14, 2013 4:19:23 PM

9. I didn't know The Ed Show was switching to weekends. I wonder if Ed's big scoop this week - identifying and interviewing the bartender who filmed the infamous Romney 47% video - was the show's way of going out with a bang.

I love Chris Hayes and will be glad I'll get to see more of him. I don't know why I never bothered to put "Up" on my DVR, and instead relied more on waking up before the sun on weekends (which unfortunately happened rather often) to catch that show.

Anyway, Chris is geeky hotness personified, so YAY!

Posted by: Zlick | Mar 14, 2013 4:35:35 PM

10. Including gay couples in civil marriage no more redefines it than including mixed-race couples once did. The truth is marriage has been continually redefined over time--by straight people--and within their own redefinition of it, there is no rational reason to exclude gay couples. In other words, Rand Paul is an idiot.

Posted by: Ernie | Mar 14, 2013 4:38:19 PM

11. Death seems to be the only solution for gay foes. I often read comments about those wishing death upon any one who disagrees. Now the new Pope -- one day in and his demise is being calculated.
    He's only got one lung, if that cheers you up.

Posted by: Tim | Mar 14, 2013 5:01:23 PM

12. OMG, when Blaine says "we're just bros helping bros....." I almost fainted. Yes, please!

Posted by: Steve | Mar 14, 2013 7:44:38 PM

13. And THAT, boys and girls, is one of many examples that let us know that Rand Paul is a big, fat liar when he portrays himself to be a libertarian. Same goes for his slimy father.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Mar 14, 2013 8:13:38 PM

14. Chris Hayes is adorable, but he looks way too smooth (seriously, does he have any body hair) for my taste. I don't trust a man who either waxes off all of his body hair or doesn't grow any.

Posted by: bravo | Mar 14, 2013 10:36:36 PM

15. There is no biblical definition of marriage.

Posted by: Gene Touchet | Mar 15, 2013 1:31:55 PM

16. The government is interested in marriage only because there are tax implications.

Posted by: bareback rider | Mar 15, 2013 3:15:44 PM