Military | News | Russ Marine

BigGayDeal.com

Let's Watch Two Gay Marines Talk About Falling in Love and Go on a Nut-Gobbling Adventure: VIDEO

Russmarine

Meet Russ, my favorite gay Marine, and Matt, his favorite gay Marine. Russ is a vlogger who expounds on a variety of topics, but in recent days we've been introduced to Matt, who he met in a Starbucks. In their latest video, they talk about how they met, and answer some questions, and go on a nut-gobbling adventure.

Anyway, let's just all celebrate the fact that Marines can do this kind of thing these days, in public, on YouTube, and suffer no consequences. If you're having a bad day, these two will surely brighten it.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I was in the Marines. Several of them, actually.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 8, 2013 6:37:46 AM

2. I find it disturbing when couples look exactly alike. I think we know who these guys are actually in love with...

Posted by: Clinton | Mar 8, 2013 7:24:41 AM

3. They are way too young to be in harm's way. All battle-ready military personnel should be 50 or older.

Posted by: Markt | Mar 8, 2013 8:58:09 AM

4. They don't really look that much alike. They both have brown hair which is cut more or less the same way, by necessity. That's actually kind of the point of military haircuts and uniforms, to strip away individuality as much as possible and make them generic soldiers. Their facial features and manner are different.

I went back and looked at some of Russ's other videos and he does a good job at addressing more serious topics like being rejected by his father for being gay. This video is light and cute but others are less so, so it's not just "I'll turn on a camera and you can admire how cute I/we am/are." There's a serious attempt to educate.

And come on, did you ever expect to see a video from a currently serving marine called "Tips On Bottoming For The First Time"? I sure didn't.

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 8, 2013 9:26:36 AM

5. Rick, honey, you need a vacay or something. Really.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 8, 2013 10:43:58 AM

6. What Rick needs is a date with Rupaul

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 8, 2013 11:51:53 AM

7. Good one, ROB!

(6 comments above this one)

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Mar 8, 2013 11:54:44 AM

8. what a wonderful world we live in that they can do this

Posted by: Ted | Mar 8, 2013 12:21:46 PM

9. Awesome couple. I envy them being able to serve openly in the Military... Very uplifting!

Posted by: allen from austin | Mar 8, 2013 1:57:28 PM

10. Yay, Rick has finally come out... as a troll! The gay archetype kind, rather than the internet kind, since he seems to genuinely believe all the horrible things he says. A "gay troll" is generally defined as an old, unattractive, closeted gay man who only goes for much younger men and generally starts being abusive when they refuse his advances. Rick, now that you've admitted your age and ugliness, and the source of your insecurities, it's time for me to give you my standard closeted old troll schpiel, which I cut and paste whenever guys like you get aggressive towards me on chat sites:

"So I know you'll think I'm an assh*le for saying this now, but you'll thank me for it later. You middle-aged closeted guys have less than nothing to offer. That's less because of the age of your bodies and more because of the age of your minds. You're carrying around fears and prejudices that were implanted in you while you were growing up back in the dark ages, and to guys my age who grew up in the "gay 90s," that's just plain pathetic. Wake up and realize what decade you're living in. Confidence and courage are sexy; cowardice isn't. If you wanna we able to get with guys my age, you need to face your fears like a man. That does not by the way, constitute and agreement by me to sleep with you if you put up pics and say you're out. It just means that someone is more likely too."

Now as a special favor to you Rick, I'll add some context-appropriate comments. Yes, in 30 years the guys in this video may very well be ugly on the outside. But if they're still together then, it won't matter, because they will have built up the shared intimacy to still see each other as beautiful. And if they don't stay together? They'll have practice building intimacy - and being brave, and negotiating, and listening, and all the other skills it takes to form a relationship. So even if they're both alone and physically unattractive when they're you're age, they'll still have much better chances than you.

Whereas, when one is totally unattractive on both the outside and the inside, the chances of finding love are slim to none. So which do you have more control over, Rick, the outside or the inside?

BTW, there's one thing that always improves with age: experience. So in your half-century of experience, what gets better results in life: feeling bitter and entitled, or changing your viewpoint and behavior when you realize you've being doing things wrong?

Posted by: Dan B | Mar 8, 2013 5:43:38 PM

11. Rick: Blah...Blah...Blah...and Bitter!

Posted by: Sam | Mar 9, 2013 8:05:45 PM

12. Beautiful hope they are together forever so sweet

Posted by: Gavin | Mar 10, 2013 8:39:31 AM

13. They look so similar, like they could be brothers.

Posted by: Andy | Mar 10, 2013 11:45:27 AM

14. On the one hand, utterly amazing that we've come so far so fast.

On the other, unless they're both bi, it's really sad that they still felt the need to date girls for YEARS. And I feel sorry for the girls, too.

As for cuteness, I can almost smell the puppy smell.

Posted by: BobN | Mar 10, 2013 2:45:18 PM

15. They seem very sweet together. Yes they are very physically attractive young men. But what makes them adorable is their playfulness, genuine affection and the Stewie pajama bottoms. The ice cream bit didn't hurt either.

Posted by: fanboi | Mar 11, 2013 6:55:50 PM

16. My question would be: Have you ever noticed that you look exactly alike? Have you gotten a DNA test to make sure you aren't twins separated at birth?

Posted by: Sean S | Mar 18, 2013 9:18:54 AM

17. why do people that go out always look alike? One of the left needs a tan. LOL.

Posted by: Cd in DC | Mar 25, 2013 12:01:21 PM

18. Everyone and I mean everyone who doesn't think these guys are terrific is just a jealous queen.

Posted by: Bob | Aug 20, 2013 9:35:36 AM