Comments

1. Derrick from Philly says

Fine tribute (and editing), Andy.

I always go back and forth on whether Swanson should have won the Oscar that year–up against Davis, Eleanor Parker, Judy Holiday…and I forgot who else. Swanson helped invent screen acting at the birth of American Cinema. I don’t know if they ever gave her an honorary Oscar.

I still think they made the right choice for the Best Actress Oscar for 1950. Judy Holiday deserved it, but Gloria Swanson was a legend.

2. Floridian says

Great job, Andy. This is one of my all time favorite films with my all time favorite Hottie, Bill Holden!

3. Biff says

I want to know how they got those pugs to sit still in the sled. I have had pugs for 15 years. I love them, but it’s like herding cats. As for tomtallis – you should wish you had something as cute and sweet as a pug in your life.

4. markt says

I love Sunset Boulevard so this clip was great for me, but is it something in your life that pulled this chestnut to the fore today? Let’s get to know you Andy.

5. rocker rocker says

Nice editing job, but does every queen have to utilize friggin’ club music for everything? (Worse yet, Gloria Estefan club music!) Talk about stereotyping.

6. Mike says

Wow. The soundtrack from CHiPS meets Sunset Boulevard. Two great tastes that taste great together.

7. says

Thanks guys – it was just something I did in my spare time a while back when I was playing around with editing software. And the reason I used ‘friggin club music’ was because the lyrics went with the theme of the movie. Besides there ain’t nothing wrong with friggin’ club music even if it makes me a friggin’ stereotype.