Australia | Gay Rights | News

BigGayDeal.com

A Touching Video Tribute to Australia's Fight for LGBT Equality: WATCH

Australia

A compilation of Aussie pop culture, news items and politics on the topic of equality.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via dna magazine)

Comments

1. Aww, love it!

Posted by: Sylvatica | Apr 4, 2013 10:48:54 AM

2. I enjoyed the video but the music soundtrack should have been dialed down a bit when there were talking clips because it made it difficult to hear things.

Posted by: Kevin | Apr 4, 2013 10:55:08 AM

3. It really irks me to see these politicians just sit there and throw peoples rights under the bus... they know what they're doing is wrong. Good to know that people are finally coming around...

Posted by: Gerry | Apr 4, 2013 11:11:26 AM

4. This is wonderful, liked it a lot.
    I truly hope Australians vote new prime minister.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 4, 2013 11:42:15 AM

5. I had to google if they allowed same-sex marriage or not. It really does not gel with my idea of Australians that they have not allowed it yet. All the best, it looks like they are getting there. It really is incredible how things have changed in the last 5 years. I am canadian and we have had it for almost 10 years but we can not be too smug about it - we won in the courts, our Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and politicians who repeated said that the rights of minorities should not decided on by the majority. Public opinion was not on our side at the time but Canadians are mostly live and let live and are not the protesting type so it passed into law.

Posted by: Kevin | Apr 4, 2013 11:50:34 AM

6. Wonderful video. I recognize some of the movie clips, but some I didn't. Would like see a list of the movies.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 4, 2013 12:59:57 PM

7. Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Posted by: Ripped Mittens | Apr 4, 2013 2:44:16 PM

8. Boy, that dad directly asking the Prime Minister how she aligns with Aussie values while denying equality was beyond poignant.

Good on ya, mate.

So dignified. So true. Love him.

Posted by: Pete N SFO | Apr 4, 2013 3:36:39 PM

9. Even if Australia votes out Julia Gillard we will then get Tony Abbott, a staunch Catholic who is even more opposed to gay marriage. It could be decades before gay marriage is on the agenda again.

Posted by: Steve T | Apr 4, 2013 4:52:52 PM

10. What I find really puzzling is that she's an admitted atheist and yet she's defending a tradition that's been - for all intents and purposes - Judeo-Christian-Islamic territory for 2 thousand years.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Apr 4, 2013 8:10:38 PM

11. def needs remixing

Posted by: unokhan | Apr 4, 2013 8:21:13 PM

12. i still think its crazy that their prime minister can be so anti-gay, even when she herself has battled discrimination in her job and life.

Posted by: Reality | Apr 4, 2013 9:21:26 PM