Comments

1. Kevin says

I enjoyed the video but the music soundtrack should have been dialed down a bit when there were talking clips because it made it difficult to hear things.

2. Gerry says

It really irks me to see these politicians just sit there and throw peoples rights under the bus… they know what they’re doing is wrong. Good to know that people are finally coming around…

3. Kevin says

I had to google if they allowed same-sex marriage or not. It really does not gel with my idea of Australians that they have not allowed it yet. All the best, it looks like they are getting there. It really is incredible how things have changed in the last 5 years. I am canadian and we have had it for almost 10 years but we can not be too smug about it – we won in the courts, our Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and politicians who repeated said that the rights of minorities should not decided on by the majority. Public opinion was not on our side at the time but Canadians are mostly live and let live and are not the protesting type so it passed into law.

4. Mark says

Wonderful video. I recognize some of the movie clips, but some I didn’t. Would like see a list of the movies.

5. Pete N SFO says

Boy, that dad directly asking the Prime Minister how she aligns with Aussie values while denying equality was beyond poignant.

Good on ya, mate.

So dignified. So true. Love him.

6. Steve T says

Even if Australia votes out Julia Gillard we will then get Tony Abbott, a staunch Catholic who is even more opposed to gay marriage. It could be decades before gay marriage is on the agenda again.

7. says

What I find really puzzling is that she’s an admitted atheist and yet she’s defending a tradition that’s been – for all intents and purposes – Judeo-Christian-Islamic territory for 2 thousand years.

8. Reality says

i still think its crazy that their prime minister can be so anti-gay, even when she herself has battled discrimination in her job and life.