Boyd Packer | Mormon | News

LDS Leader Boyd Packer Says Family is Under Attack, Tells Mormons to Resist 'The Tolerance Trend': VIDEO

Packer

LDS Apostle Boyd Packer told Mormons in a Saturday address to be wary of softening the church's stance on 'anti-family' issues, presumably homosexuality and same-sex marriage.

Said Packer:

"The family, The fundamental organization in time and eternity is under attack from forces seen and unseen...We need to be careful of the tolerance trend, so that we do not swallow it up and get swallowed up in it...The permissiveness afforded by the weakening of the laws of the land to tolerate and legalize acts of immorality does not reduce the serious spiritual consequence that is the result from a violation of God’s law of Chastity.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The Mormon "Apostle" Packer speaking in defense of traditional marriage is hysterical. The next thing you know the Catholic "celebate" Bishops will be speaking out about human sexual behaviors. LOL

Posted by: andrew | Apr 8, 2013 2:02:46 PM

2. It is astounding to me that anyone could fall for the precepts of this so-called church.

The Mormon have to be the least-scientific church conceived by man. Gold talking plates that have never been seen by anyone? Magic underwear? Caffeine is sinful? Woman as inferiors (and blacks used to be)?

Grow up and leave it behind...,.

Posted by: TonyJazz | Apr 8, 2013 2:12:04 PM

3. Even though I personally value tolerance, I have very little tolerance left for Mormons like Brother Boyd. He's trending down.

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Apr 8, 2013 8:21:24 PM

4. Um, God loveth all his Children. That's me you and yes even Elder Packer. It's not not east being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and gay. Please Keep in mind there are so many different types of gay people in this world just like there are many types of Mormon people in this world.

Posted by: Kenny Jimno | Apr 8, 2013 9:06:22 PM

5. Though it is the bit that grabs headlines, Mormon doctrine isn't all about throwing shade at gays. A more fundamental tenant of the religion is "Obeying the law of the land."

Federally recognized equality is coming and when it arrives, you can suck it, Brother Packer.

Although, they've never hesitated to throw one of their supposed God-given tenants out the window when it became inconvenient, so I guess I shouldn't be in such a hurry to count my chickens.

Posted by: FFS | Apr 9, 2013 2:56:49 AM

6. He's a heretic. I would not give him the time of day. I really don't care what a heretic thinks...I write them all off as heretics, unworthy of consideration. Have fun worshiping your false idols in Hell. This idiot heretic has the audacity to judge or criticize me? The very idea! He is the one ruining families, making them worship false idols. God does not like that. To think one of their kind almost got in the White House!

Posted by: millerbeach | Apr 10, 2013 5:37:43 AM

7. To quote one of the best lines from an old favorite movie, "Broadcast News": Well, I certainly hope you'll die soon.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Apr 10, 2013 7:50:19 PM