Brendon Ayanbadejo | Fitness | Football (American) | News

Brendon Ayanbadejo's Bod, Workout Regimen: PHOTO

Ayanbadejo

Writes Brendon Ayanbadejo on Facebook today with the photo above:

Attacking today with an enthusiasm unknown to man kind!

Today's work out:

Chest press 20 reps
Military press 20 reps
Pull downs 20 reps
Triceps extension 20 reps
Bicep curls 20 reps
Leg curl 20 reps
Leg extension 20 reps
Crunches 150
1/4 mile sprint

No slacking off since leaving the Ravens!

Comments

1. I swoon. I tingle. I sigh.

Posted by: jomicur | Apr 9, 2013 12:55:21 PM

2. Looks like a muscular drag queen. What is up with the eyebrows?

Posted by: David Hearne | Apr 9, 2013 1:00:46 PM

3. @David Hernia -- What a sad life you must have.

Posted by: Gigi | Apr 9, 2013 1:12:04 PM

4. Interesting as a physical specimen, but too thick for my personal aesthetic.

I do chuckle, however, at how straight men are just as big camera preeners as we are.

Posted by: Willowy | Apr 9, 2013 1:13:31 PM

5. So does he only do one set, 20 reps each to look like that??? I may have to start lifting some at the Y, instead of heading straight to the steam room...

Posted by: Michael W. | Apr 9, 2013 1:13:59 PM

6. In contrast, remember the photos of Paul Ryan working out? lol

Posted by: jht | Apr 9, 2013 1:17:02 PM

7. He needs to clean that mess up behind him. There's nothing cute about being messy or a slob. It's not like he's busy working.

Posted by: Keisha Kornbread | Apr 9, 2013 1:21:29 PM

8. Be still my heart.

Posted by: Not that Rob | Apr 9, 2013 1:26:45 PM

9. WOW, Dude is Diesel!

Posted by: Jake | Apr 9, 2013 1:28:14 PM

10. Wonder what he's reading today...Oh wait.

Posted by: Brian | Apr 9, 2013 1:28:50 PM

11. That tats ruin an otherwise nice bodyscape.

Posted by: Ink Free | Apr 9, 2013 1:34:18 PM

12. Ooh baby.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 9, 2013 1:36:21 PM

13. Gigi - What's up with the eyebrows?

Posted by: David Hearne | Apr 9, 2013 1:40:58 PM

14. (Sneaking in to swipe his UnderArmour while he's in the shower.)

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 9, 2013 1:44:23 PM

15. Butter, busted face, great bod. These Towleroad commentators! Do you guys even LOOK above the neck?

Posted by: rocker rocker | Apr 9, 2013 1:48:09 PM

16. Before anyone gets too worked up about achieving that build with 20 reps, remember his workouts as a football player were optimized for explosive power. He can run a mile well under 7 min, which is solid for a 225-pounder in his 30s. Brendon is a nutrition fanatic as well. He gives himself the occasional cheat meal, but his typical meal is a lot of calories in the form of high protein, complex carbs, healthy fats. Actual example: 16 oz chicken, kambucha drink, brown rice with quinoa, kale, spinach, salad of romaine with flax, sunflower seed, raisins according to

His big challenge if he stays retired from football is to taper off and avoid having the muscle mass go to flab the way it does for a lot of retired players.

Posted by: SC David | Apr 9, 2013 2:00:30 PM

17. Great looking man...and a fine human being.

Posted by: mike | Apr 9, 2013 2:07:10 PM

18. So, when he talks about how there are active players in the NFL who were planning to come out...do we still think he isn't one of them?

In any case, I'd hit it.

Posted by: Fanzy Pantz | Apr 9, 2013 2:09:34 PM

19. Wish he wore a speedo so we could get a better idea of how he's hung. Still, don't bother to wrap him, I'll eat him here.

Posted by: MIkey | Apr 9, 2013 2:39:06 PM

20. Just reading that workout list made me tired. Lord.

Posted by: daws | Apr 9, 2013 3:03:14 PM

21. My dad was a guard/special teamer in the NFL back for most of the 70s. He went for long, long runs everyday in the off-season.

Not to say he didn't do the weight training, too, but it was a much different (and leaner) game back then.

He was still very imposing from his regimen in the photos that I've seen, but almost looked like a country runner compared to Brendon in this photo.

Posted by: Ryan | Apr 9, 2013 3:18:08 PM

22. My, my, my! I grew up on superhero comics so this guy's just a joy to look at. Eyebrows? Be still my heart! Face? Sweet, intense, exotic. Plus, he's an ally. I might actually watch football if he's one of the 4 he expects to come out soon.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Apr 9, 2013 3:24:43 PM

23. Thanks for the workout schedule, now give us your diet plan!

Posted by: Jersey | Apr 9, 2013 3:28:10 PM

24. Who is he exactly?

Posted by: Jon | Apr 9, 2013 5:09:33 PM

25. @"Who is he exactly?"

Well, Jon, actually he is the youngest candidate ever to run for the governorship of Alabama. Even though he is young some believe he has a fair chance of defeating his Republican opponents in the primary--then he'll smash whatever Democrat runs against him. It's very exciting to see the political posters all over Alabama saying, "Ayanbadejo For Alabama!"

Very exciting.