Gay Marriage | George W. Bush | News

BigGayDeal.com

George W. Bush Steps 'Off the Stage' When Asked About Gay Marriage: VIDEO

Rose_bush

Former President George W. Bush continued his media blitz this morning with a visit to Charlie Rose, who asked him about his previous support for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

Said Bush: "Well I'm not weighing in on these issues, as you know, because I've made the decision to get off the stage. And so I'm off the stage."

His decision to be "off the stage" does not apply to immigration or terror attacks, both of which he weighs in on in the same segment.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Engage in all the semantics you like, but if you honestly think that decade-long violent engagements aren't wars, you're just playing games. Thousands of people dead on both sides doesn't make it not a war to people with dead family members just because he took nearly unilateral action and Congress essentially looked the other way.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 25, 2013 3:12:16 PM

2. PLEASE MAKE AN EARLY EXIT FROM THE STAGE...NOW.You have had WAY 2 many 15 minutes of "fame" in your lifetime.
    I would think his Hall of Mirrors cannot reflect anything meaningful. I resent $500 million given to build the damn thing. How can this facility show anything whatsoever positively important?(except the wars he started and didn't finish and making the nation's debt load to soar to unimaginable heights.) Guess there's no "interactive" gizmos at this joke-house that just opened that are gonna show THAT.Go Away. Forever...

Posted by: thom | Apr 25, 2013 3:59:26 PM

3. Beleive it or not, he did more FOR gay marriage than against and most people think. With him promoting a Constitutional Amendment along with his Republican collegues, he awoke a sleeping giant.

Posted by: CB | Apr 25, 2013 4:37:49 PM

4. Why is this man's liberry not in a prison?

Posted by: Rey | Apr 25, 2013 4:47:29 PM

5. Then stay off the stage, idiot. Also, note to media, stop interviewing this clueless failure of a man and president.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Apr 25, 2013 6:48:02 PM

6. OF COURSE GLAAD WILL GIVE HIM AN AWARD.....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Apr 25, 2013 8:29:26 PM

7. It is most unfortunate that he was ever on the stage. Thousands of American military forces were killed or wounded in his, Cheney's and the Neo-Cons decision to take this nation into the totally unnecessary war in Iraq. Tens of thousands of Iraquis are dead and over a Trillion dollars wasted. It is clearly one of the worst decisions ever made by an Anerican President. He should not only stay off the stage, he should hide under a rock somewhere.

Posted by: andrew | Apr 25, 2013 10:53:37 PM

8. In some ways I am thankful for the Bush presidency, he helped usher in the era of Barack Obama and great leaps in gay rights!

Posted by: NY2.0 | Apr 25, 2013 11:10:45 PM

9. This ignorant tool, this baboon of a man, is still afraid of Tony Perkins. Marriage equality is the one position he should have shared with Cheney. He is a disgrace, a worthless person who wrecked the country because he lacked courage and insight. Rot in Texas, you clueless, self-made hick.

Posted by: Richard | Apr 26, 2013 6:29:20 AM

10. @Paul R,

My comments regarding the word 'war' were sarcasm.

Our world in 2013 is driven semantics, from political correctness to corporate-speak. Although I think Huxley had it closer to the mark with Brave New World, Orwell was right on the money with newspeak.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 26, 2013 9:42:06 AM

11. I actually miss the Bush era. Something I never thought I'd say. No, I didn't (and still don't) approve of the Iraq War, but in hindsight I generally liked his ideals moreso that I recognized at time.

Posted by: XoMoDe | May 4, 2013 6:51:48 PM