Gay Rights | Montana | Music | News

A Human Rights and LGBT Equality Music Festival for Montana? - VIDEO

Chamberlin

Tate Chamberlin is hoping to create a place of pride for Montana's LGBT community with a human rights, equality, and music festival called Interchange, which he's trying to fund through an Indiegogo campaign.

Watch his video, AFTER THE JUMP...

He writes:

In 2011, the Bozeman [Pride] Celebration garnered attendance well over 2,000, which more than doubled in 2012 with upwards of 5,100 attending between downtown and Montana State University events. Out of state attendance showed dynamic growth and the overall feedback from these events showed a majority of positive feedback from sponsors and attendees.

In 2013, Bozeman will be hosting it’s first year of INTERCHANGE: An annual festival celebrating strides in human rights, equality, and the continuing dialogue on a number of important issues. INTERCHANGE will annually evolve as we do, integrating awareness and giving a voice to a number of innovative topics, whether scientific, creative, national performing artists or otherwise so long as they support the evolution and improvement of the causes essential to the spirit of the event.

Interchange

Interchange - A Festival of Color from Kevin Hilton on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I hope they get a good turnout. I am kind of surprised the get togther isn't going to be held in Missoula, which is a pretty progressive smaller college city.

Posted by: Tom | Apr 26, 2013 11:53:16 AM

2. This is really nice. It would be really good for LGBTQ folk in states in the Mountain West and specifically Montana, to be able to get together in pride and solidarity. As soon as I have some money to spend (don't ask) I'll donate to this cause.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Apr 26, 2013 11:59:28 AM

3. Cool. If I were 25 years younger, I'd go (I mean, I doubt they're going to get Exposé or Bananarama on the lineup). And Tate is a hottie -- he reminds me of Russell Crowe, but without the accent or the anger.

Posted by: Joseph | Apr 26, 2013 12:38:10 PM

4. Yah, that guy's cool, serious, sweet. Exactly Rick's type. We need regular guys like this way more than another screecher. I'll go to this event because of him.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 26, 2013 1:03:13 PM

5. You mean there's a world outside S.F., West Hollywood, West Village, Provincetown, Fire Island, South Beach, Palm Desert? Who knew.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 26, 2013 1:36:05 PM