EJ Johnson III | I'm Gay | Magic Johnson | News

Magic Johnson's Gay Son and His Boyfriend Hit the Town: VIDEO

Earvin_johnson

TMZ caught up with Magic Johnson's 20-year-old gay son Earvin Johnson III (aka EJ) hand-in-hand with his boyfriend on L.A.'s Sunset Strip.

EJ is a student at NYU and has a close relationship with his parents, TMZ reports:

Earvin Johnson III -- aka EJ -- is one of Magic's 3 kids. The Lakers legend tells TMZ, "Cookie and I love EJ and support him in every way." Magic goes on, "We're very proud of him."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Magic was a talented, alpha male.
    His son is a fat, unaesthetic queen.

Posted by: Gonzo | Apr 2, 2013 2:31:28 PM

2. Well that just set us back about 10 years.

Posted by: sean | Apr 2, 2013 2:41:36 PM

3. Oh, I get it. Gonzo is upset because a "fat queen" has the love and support of his parents.

must suck not being far and/or a queen and still being an embarrassment, eh sugar?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 2, 2013 2:42:37 PM

4. Some information on EJ's conception prior to Magic learning his HIV status below. The write-up seems to confuse HIV+ status with an "AIDS diagnosis". I don't think that Magic has ever progressed to AIDS.

"In November 1991, Magic Johnson retired from the Lakers after revealing that he had the AIDS virus, which he believed he contracted through unprotected sexual activity. The AIDS diagnosis was especially hard for Johnson. At the time he learned he had the disease, his wife Cookie was pregnant with their first child. Both his wife and son, Earvin III, turned out to not have HIV."

Posted by: Gotcha | Apr 2, 2013 2:54:04 PM

5. He reminds me of characters when I first came out. How could Magic be HIV+ for so many years? He retired from the Lakers because of that a long time ago.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 2, 2013 2:54:44 PM

6. "Well that just set us back about 10 years."

"us"? Humph, not Earvin III. He'll inherit millions...hopefully, not too soon.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 2, 2013 3:21:28 PM

7. Poor Magic. Just imagine being a parent and seeing all your dreams for your son go up in smoke when he turns out to be a fat, gender-confused, embarrassment who will probably end up doing away with himself at some point.

My condolences to the family and others like them.

Posted by: Rick | Apr 2, 2013 3:44:51 PM

8. He seems like a nice guy. Hopefully that is fake fur he is wearing.

Posted by: andrew | Apr 2, 2013 5:19:01 PM

9. Says Rick, who disappoints his parents everyday by being a gay man. RIck will never know the kind of parental love and respect Earvin enjoys. What a sad and pathetic troll.

Posted by: MateoM | Apr 2, 2013 5:20:58 PM

10. Ohhh I'm glad there are still some divas roaming the streets. Not all of us strive to fit in and be "just like you". Kudos for him. I do hope thats a fake fur too!

Posted by: Chicklets | Apr 2, 2013 5:33:30 PM

11. What a soulful human being. I love him.

Posted by: David | Apr 2, 2013 6:05:50 PM

12. Majic's wife was already pregnant when he learned he had HIV. Replying @Glenn

Posted by: Kim | Apr 2, 2013 6:13:46 PM

13. He looks like Tyler Perry without the wig.

Posted by: GB | Apr 2, 2013 6:49:55 PM

14. He looks like Tyler Perry without the wig.

Posted by: GB | Apr 2, 2013 6:49:56 PM

15. He looks like Tyler Perry without the wig.

Posted by: GB | Apr 2, 2013 6:49:57 PM

16. Magic's son seems very nice.

But, in this day and age, where does nelly come from?

Posted by: Topol | Apr 2, 2013 6:55:17 PM

17. @Rick: You constantly show yourself to be a very hate filled person Don't you know that hate eats away at the hater and often has little effect on the object of the hate?

Posted by: andrew | Apr 2, 2013 7:36:21 PM

18. @Rick: It is often difficult to know who posts what on this site because of littlekiwi's devious tactics. If some or all of the hate filled things posted in your name are in fact the work of the devious kiwi. I apologize to you. If the hate is coming from you, root it out because hate really destroys the hater.

Posted by: andrew | Apr 2, 2013 7:49:41 PM

19. "Couldn't be prouder"? yeah, right. I feel sorry for Magic. As a father, this is my worst nightmare.

Posted by: M | Apr 2, 2013 9:40:34 PM

20. Not ashamed? Maybe. "Couldn't be prouder"? I don't think so. I feel sorry for Magic. As a father, this is my worst nightmare.

Posted by: M | Apr 2, 2013 9:43:24 PM

21. Not ahamed? Maybe. "Couldn't be prouder"? yeah, right. I feel sorry for Magic. As a father, this is my worst nightmare.

Posted by: M | Apr 2, 2013 9:44:57 PM

22. M...you're too ignorant to post once...and that's the least of your problems. Why don't you and Rick hook up and "f" each other till your head screws on right. It's obviously been twisted for a long time.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Apr 2, 2013 10:45:56 PM

23. As a teenager I used to lust after Magic when he played ball. After his diagnosis I had nothing but respect and it just keeps getting better and better. What wonderful parents.

Posted by: Robert K Brown | Apr 2, 2013 10:59:36 PM

24. How has Magic survived so long with HIV? Haven't you seen the South Park episode on AIDS? He grinds up $$ an injects it. Money cures AIDS. It's actually a superb episode. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsil_Trouble

Posted by: bravo | Apr 3, 2013 12:06:14 AM

25. @Bravo, my partner has been HIV+ for over 20 years and he's still surviving. He's a patient of AIDS Healthcare Foundation in Los Angeles, which is a clinic that Magic Johnson supports with time and money.

Posted by: Bryan | Apr 3, 2013 1:59:23 AM