Film | News

I'd Do It Again With You: VIDEO

Blinn

A short film by Branden Blinn titled "13 or So Minutes" in which two men who are incredibly attracted to one another discuss what brought them to the place where they find themselves. Featuring Carlos Salas and Nick Soper.

Enjoy, AFTER THE JUMP...

(possibly work-unfriendly)

Comments

1. Bisexuality.

Posted by: gb | Apr 30, 2013 8:52:38 PM

2. i've had moments like that. especially the ending. kinda took me back 50 years to the first time a man held me close dancing.

Posted by: bandanajack | Apr 30, 2013 8:59:06 PM

3. Always agree to do it TWICE the first time.
    Guilt gets sent packing with the arrival of the next boner.

Seriously though ...
    Humans as sexual, non labeled beings. If only.

Posted by: JONES | Apr 30, 2013 9:22:52 PM

4. Very polished little short. I didn't know what to expect, but it was definitely hot and thought-provoking, i.e. lots of "straight" men will get off with another guy if there's no one else around, but this radically proposes--a la "Brokeback Mountain"--that these guys are actually possibly falling in love with another man for the first time, and the sex is thus a natural outgrowth of how they feel about each other. (This thinking can be dangerous as a general rule, though: "Oh, he's 99% straight, but I'M so powerful and attractive that I can 'swing' him over to the other side!") I liked the way the ending implied that they're about to do it again, and it'll probably be even better.

(Only question: if the younger Latino guy was getting dressed--as if to leave--why did the other guy say he invited him up to the apartment? The logic seemed a little off.)

Posted by: Dback | Apr 30, 2013 9:35:43 PM

5. Clothing can represent protection. We associate nudity with vulnerability, so putting on clothes distances us from that.

Posted by: lessthan | Apr 30, 2013 9:51:29 PM

6. "It doesn't mean you're gay"

OH YES IT DOES!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 30, 2013 10:13:53 PM

7. Was it the make-up or lighting? The guy with the pendant looked very different in the flashbacks.

An odd little story.

Posted by: Alan | Apr 30, 2013 10:17:42 PM

8. That might have been the hottest thing I've ever seen. So so close to my real life story. Wow!

Posted by: Linkmaxbub | Apr 30, 2013 10:44:14 PM

9. This is my favorite short of all time . The timing and expressions of the actors are amazing. I was left with the wonder that there might be a chemistry between these two guys perhaps even beyond the script. Anyway, I would like to see more of Carlos F. Salas. What acting chops, and so easy on the eyes.

Posted by: Anthony | Apr 30, 2013 11:05:51 PM

10. Awesomely moving, sexy, and poignant.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Apr 30, 2013 11:29:40 PM

11. Yes, this was a good short. Generally I find them boring or to far "out there" but this one was good, real, and the actors fit nicely with one another. Very believable.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Apr 30, 2013 11:55:26 PM

12. I saw this a year ago, it was really good. It reminded me of the groundbreaking film "Together Alone" by P.J. Castellaneta.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | May 1, 2013 12:00:40 AM

13. The Secret Lore of Gardening by Graham Jackson (Amazon.com)

Masculine Yellow Men and Feminine Green Men
    Healing Masculinity Archetype

“Love as something that blooms things”

Yellow and Green not only fit together as a container to the contained, but also infiltrate each other’s domains. They ignite to flame up and deepen, spiraling to the heavens and plunging into the bowels of the earth. The movements are simultaneous. With artists, this green-yellow dialogue is a kind of mother tongue.

What is important here is that the meeting of Yellow energy and Green energy is a must have ingredient for a deeply creative relationship to happen between masculine men and feminine men.

The artist and the animal-keeper is a typical union of yellow and green, a marriage of creative imagination and instinct that invariably results in the birth of an offspring. This can take the form of socio-political changes or works of art. In the case of the latter, the collaboration may be either direct, such as composer and tenor. The other is indirect, where the sexual connection-exchange of the partners is enough to stimulate inspiration.

The offspring can also appear as a manifestation of healing masculinity. This offspring is frequently symbolized by plants, fruit, and especially flowers, those staples of erotic communication. Just as the sky and earth combing to produce the flower or fruit, so Yellow Men and Green Men unite. Their creation manifested as a dazzling array of blossoms, from the simple and unpretentious to the mysterious and exotic.

The linear yellow man is welcoming of the green as the pollinating principle to symbiotically ground his concepts. The cyclical green man is welcoming of the yellow’s eagle-eye insights to harmonize quality with existence.

To sum things up, love as something that blooms things is a nice definition of the love the green-yellow union have for each other.

Posted by: I'm Layla Miller I Know Stuff | May 1, 2013 12:24:56 AM

14. for me, this reminds me of when I've been with guys that you'd never guess were gay and just exude a really natural masculinity - it's fun...definitely an excitement and allure there. although, I definitely like guys all over the masculine/feminine spectrum.

Posted by: steve | May 1, 2013 1:43:58 AM

15. Had a high school friend who confessed to me his super huge crush on a classmate (we went to an all-boys school). But he wasn't attracted to any other guys. I knew it wasn't purely physical (though that classmate of ours really was hot) since they've had deep conversations a few times prior. Maybe they had the same connection as these two guys did. Anyways, I kind of fell out of touch, but I do know both of them have serious relationships with girls now and are super straight. Though sometimes I still wonder if they tried anything...

Posted by: Josh | May 1, 2013 1:47:13 AM

16. I loved this. It's a great reminder of the fluidity of human sexuality and that we connect with certain people on different planes and that every once in a while, one of those connections blows our minds.

Posted by: Boone68 | May 1, 2013 2:16:26 AM

17. Beautiful! Bravo to all involved in making this intimate and intelligent short. Human connection is an incredible thing.
    Thank you. :-)

Posted by: Marc | May 1, 2013 3:31:04 AM

18. This is hopeless. I was squirming at the slobbering dinner table sounds before having to actually look at the dopes who were "in the next room." And then endure their dialogue. It's not all a bad idea, but most of it is. Brokeback Mountain did it so much better. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 1, 2013 8:09:27 AM

19. I know the director . Hes done some really good stuff

Posted by: Marc | May 1, 2013 8:29:31 AM

20. Where is Morrissey so he can pen a sequel to "There is a Light..."

Posted by: DC Arnold | May 1, 2013 8:44:39 AM

21. Wasn't this out over a year ago? Pardon the pun.

Posted by: guest | May 1, 2013 10:47:45 AM

22. OMG! I'm so glad I came out 36 years ago! Oh, and those clenched kisses, sorry. Maybe I'm cold hearted this morning, but I think this is just some frustrating, closeted wheel spinning. Seemed very High School to me.

Posted by: Jim | May 1, 2013 10:50:55 AM

23. They made-out. The part where the guy says because they made out, he knows him better than anyone else in his life - that's messed-up, delusional, and pretty "gay".

Just sayin'.

Posted by: Fred | May 1, 2013 11:46:31 AM

24. Not sure what to make of this exactly. Assuming it was made by a gay filmmaker, it can be seen as just another variation on the fantasy so many gay men have of bedding a hot straight guy.

I would therefore be more impressed if the filmmmaker was not gay, but was bi or "straight". In that case, it would be yet another indicator of the sea-change I see taking place in the larger male culture, namely that "straight" men are more and more inclined to consider emotionally and even sexually intimate relationships with other men.

The convergence of that trend with the trend among young gay men of rejecting the culture of effeminacy is what is really exciting about the direction the culture is taking today.

Posted by: Rick | May 1, 2013 11:58:45 AM

25. as a gay person who actually lives in the real world and is Out, I am happy to report that not only is the "culture of effeminacy" not even a real thing, but that younger LGBT people are growing up in a progressive culture where they don't need to be anything other than themselves to be loved, embraced, accepted, welcomed and loved.

know what younger gay people are rejecting? the idea that the only way they can be accepted as gay people is to adhere to a bigoted heterosexual man's concept of "what makes an acceptable gay person"

this is truth, and everyone who actually lives in the real world knows it.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 1, 2013 12:04:05 PM