Coachella | Jimmy Kimmel | News

Jimmy Kimmel Tricks Coachella Attendees into Raving About Bands That Don't Exist: VIDEO

Coachella

"Did you know that Coachella is actually the American Indian word for dumb white guy?"

Heard of Doctor Slo-Mo and the GI Clinic, Shorty Jizzle and the Plumber Cracks, The Obesity Epidemic, Get the F**k Out of My Pool, or The Chelsea Clintons?

These Coachella attendees have, and they're very big fans.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This is just compounding my opinion of the crowd there.

Posted by: TONEZ | Apr 23, 2013 10:48:14 AM

2. Yeah, well *I* was a fan of Shorty Jizzle before anyone ever heard of him and he sold out and went mainstream! ;-)

Posted by: Caliban | Apr 23, 2013 10:54:54 AM

3. The band names were funny, but watching this makes me sad. People lie so easily and for such petty reasons. None of them took even a split second to think about their responses.

Posted by: Dan B | Apr 23, 2013 10:55:31 AM

4. Just goes to show that some hipsters aren't there for the bands...they're just there for the free drugs, the drunk chicks flashing their t*ts and to be seen.

I only listen to bands that haven't even been formed yet.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Apr 23, 2013 11:02:17 AM

5. They were all tripping.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 23, 2013 11:04:27 AM

6. @Dan B: It's the same mindset that was lampooned in The Emperor's New Clothes. A lot of people would rather go along with a popular lie rather than admit the truth.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Apr 23, 2013 11:12:50 AM

7. This is like me talking about sports!

Posted by: Chaszle | Apr 23, 2013 11:38:13 AM

8. Two Door Cinema Club are a real band, so a bit unfair to include the guy who "used to spin them" on his local radio show. And in fairness to him he deftly avoided actually saying he played the made up album title she threw him.

Posted by: aron | Apr 23, 2013 12:11:53 PM

9. "This is like me talking about sports!"

Such a honest answer, me too.

Posted by: Jay | Apr 23, 2013 12:17:05 PM

10. yall may need different friends if, as grown men, you feel the need to lie about liking sports. lolol. i dont even bother. which is great b/c that means my friends know to talk to me about stuff i love like lady gaga rather than who is in the playoffs.

Posted by: redball | Apr 23, 2013 12:43:24 PM

11. 'Hipsters', trustafarians, etc. being seen at a premier scene event. Certainly there are many grown adult homosexuals into being part of a 'scene' and being seen.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 23, 2013 1:20:19 PM

12. This was clearly an edited piece for the purpose of satire. We never see the reporter asking the questions or naming the bands; the microphone is never held away from the face of the person being interviewed. The fake band names were dubbed in later, probably over real band names.

Posted by: JonB | Apr 23, 2013 3:30:00 PM

13. JonB: I was thinking the same thing...or that they were prepped to say positive things about whatever bands are mentioned.

Looked a bit fake to me.

Posted by: Ken | Apr 23, 2013 4:25:20 PM

14. As someone who works at the front desk of a hotel that is located right next to both a NFL and a MLB stadium. I do in fact do this with all the sports fans who stay at our property. I have no idea what they are talking about 95% of the time. I just agree with whatever they say. Works every time.

Posted by: Peter | Apr 23, 2013 4:45:11 PM

15. Add me to the sports list. I remember just the sound of baseball coming from the TV, was a kind of hell for a gay 13 year old.

Posted by: GB | Apr 23, 2013 7:55:13 PM

16. The interviewer's voice is so obviously overdubbed. Are you really all this stupid?

Posted by: danswon | Apr 23, 2013 9:44:57 PM

17. Overdubbed? WTF? She's just speaking through a lavalier mic that sounds a little different from the unidirectional microphone used for the interviews.
    I love seeing stupid hipsters taken down a notch. This is delicious.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Apr 24, 2013 2:45:14 AM