Kobe Bryant on Magic Johnson’s Gay Son: ‘Of Course’ Magic Loves Him. ‘What I Can’t Tolerate is Lack of Tolerance’

Kobe

Kobe Bryant, who in April 2011 was fined $100,000 for using a gay slur against a player, continues to offer signals that he's thought about it a lot since.

In February he blasted a Twitter user for using "gay" as an insult.

And TMZ reached out to Kobe after its video of Magic Johnson's gay son went viral yesterday, for reaction.

Said Kobe: "Of course Magic is supportive of and loves his son. Why should anyone be surprised?… What I can't tolerate is a lack of tolerance."

Earvin_johnson

Comments

1. MARCUS BACHMANN says

You tolerate bugs at a picnic. Gay folk are not something one “tolerates”.

2. Derrick from Philly says

“You tolerate bugs at a picnic. Gay folk are not something one ‘tolerates’.”

Unless the bugs are intolerant.

Look, no matter what Kobe believes privately–he’s trying to say the right thing publically. What more can you ask of public figures?

3. Ryan says

Today must be bizarro day, in which Kobe is way more classy and cooler than Phil Jackson.

4. Isaak says

Where did Kobe say he “tolerated” gays???? Let’s not get up in arms without reading the story correctly.

5. says

two prominent male heterosexual athletes embracing a very obviously gay dude.

this is a great day for everyone who lives in the real world :)

6. Munoz says

Kobe is a personal hero of mine, as a gay man. He’s been so supportive lately of LGBT and his apology was truly the only one I felt was heartfelt

7. Carl says

I think Kobe is a genuine supporter of us and he seems like a nice guy and I applaud him for this statement. Really encourages gay youth to not feel depressed to know such a talented athlete is on their side.

8. FFS says

Little tip to Kobe’s PR flacks: If you’re going to post BS heartening “fan comments” on blogs that mention your client, at the very least you should wait and post your alias comments more than 1 minute apart.

I don’t care that Magic’s son is gay. I don’t care what Kobe thinks about Magic’s gay son.

What I care about is that it has now been 20 years. Do you think the general public has wised-up enough to finally question the likelihood of Johnson getting HIV from strictly vaginal intercourse?