Gay Marriage | Minnesota | News

Anti-Gay Minnesota Marriage Rally Draws Pathetic Crowd: VIDEO

Hinckley

A 'traditional marriage' rally was a tough sell in Hinckley, Minnesota last week, but hey, there was an anti-gay t-shirt toss, so maybe it was worth it for somebody.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(h/t buzzfeed)

Tshirt

Comments

1. More comments here than people at the rally.

Posted by: andrew | Apr 17, 2013 4:51:12 PM

2. I always love that "On Knees for Jesus" logo.

I get a mental image of some old white guy on his knees for a South American escort named hey-zeus...

Posted by: SC David | Apr 17, 2013 4:59:40 PM

3. Leave poor "jennifer" alone. It's not her fault her parents were siblings.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 17, 2013 5:30:23 PM

4. But God is in charge of the weather...

Posted by: jaragon | Apr 17, 2013 5:51:44 PM

5. I've seen more people at a bus stop. The anti-gay hate movement is shriveling in front of our eyes. Born in hate, dying in farce. Sounds like justice to me.

Posted by: Jim | Apr 17, 2013 6:01:02 PM

6. bummer, I missed my free toaster oven and now I miss my free t-shirt lol

Posted by: Bernie | Apr 17, 2013 6:21:06 PM

7. I posted a comment on Tobie's Facebook page which, predictably, has been taken down. But so, I think has their entire Facebook page -- anyway, it was easy to find earlier today and I can't find it now. Hopefully, that means there was pushback for Tobie's hosting this idiotic event.

Posted by: chris | Apr 17, 2013 8:52:15 PM

8. I hope the congregation is keeping a close eye on their kids.

Posted by: jleo71 | Apr 17, 2013 10:44:54 PM

9. "Jennifer"

Rather than posting bigoted opposition "comments" in regards to marriage equality for gays how about going back to elementary school to learn to spell and use grammer correctly!

Posted by: Darrell | Apr 18, 2013 2:17:48 AM

10. I am going to sum it up for those of you not oppose to gays but regarding "gay rights." Think about this global, for it is incredibly simple...everything you have observed over the years involving gays isn't a "gay" thing...it is simply a civil thing...something that is outright and natural to the freedoms as Americans that we so cherish. So, with that said...again, this is a civil issue, not a gay issue...

Posted by: Ted | Apr 18, 2013 3:40:49 AM

11. my god..that clergyman is a homo.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Apr 18, 2013 7:08:08 AM

12. 1) The weather isn't to blame. This is Hinkley MINNESOTA fer cryin' out loud! Unless something has radically changed since I lived in Minnesota as a kid, a little snow doesn't stop anyone. Me and my friends preferred winter as there were no mosquitos!

2) St. Stephen's Lutheran, in Braham, not Hinkley -- although for dedicated members of the congregation, I guess that'd be no distance at all -- is Missouri Synod. Those readers here who have connections with Lutherans will recognize that Synod/Sect as fairly far to the right. It was having contact with the Missouri Synod as a child that made my father an atheist.

3) Boy, that scene of so few makes me smile.

Posted by: olympiasepiriot | Apr 18, 2013 12:38:54 PM

13. To be fair, these nutballs advertised their protest in newspapers...

The problem was the nutballs could not read!

Posted by: mmike1969 | May 1, 2013 5:43:01 PM