Boston Marathon Bombing | News

BigGayDeal.com

Boston Bombing Suspect's Father, Uncles, and Aunt Speak Out: VIDEOS

Unclee

As the manhunt for Dzhokhar Tzarnaev continues, the media has contacted two of his uncles, his father, and his aunt.

Ruslan Tsarni, an uncle who lives in Maryland, told reporters what he thought motivated them:

"Being losers.  Hatred to those who were able to settle themselves. These are the only reasons I can imagine.  Anything else, with religion, with Islam. It’s a fraud.  It’s a fake."

“Somebody radicalized them, but it wasn’t my brother,” Tsarni said of his brother, the suspect’s father, who lives in Dagestan, a Russian republic. “It’s not my brother, who just moved back to Russia, who spent his life bringing bread to their table. Fixing cars.  He didn’t have time or chance or anything.  He’s been working, that’s it.”

He implored Dzhokhar to turn himself in.

Another uncle contacted by the media said, "If they did this, I am sorry."

News media also contacted the suspect's father, who said it was a set up:

“I will never believe my boys could have done such a terrible thing,” he said in a telephone interview from Makhachkala, the capital of the Dagestan region. “I have no doubt they were set up.”

“My older son is killed and now they are after my little boy,” he said. “It is a provocation of the special services who went after them because my sons are Muslims and don’t have anyone in America to protect them.”

And the suspect's aunt, who lives in Canada, believes they were set up.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Uncle #1:

Uncle #2:

ABC News spoke with the suspect's father:

The suspect's aunt:

Comments

1. Other than the uncle, this family sounds like a bunch of nutcases.

Posted by: Bollux | Apr 19, 2013 3:16:54 PM

2. Animals. Deport them.

Posted by: Rick | Apr 19, 2013 3:31:13 PM

3. Scum

Posted by: Kevin thor | Apr 19, 2013 3:42:14 PM

4. Its important to understand thy come form places where the governments are capable of doing such things. But most probably just in denial.

Posted by: HkFca | Apr 19, 2013 3:42:55 PM

5. ...said Rick, clearly without reading any of the statements made by the family. Reading comprehension fail, buddy.

Posted by: luminum | Apr 19, 2013 3:43:27 PM

6. Luminum, trolls don't need reading comprehension.

Posted by: MateoM | Apr 19, 2013 3:48:53 PM

7. On one hand I can understand their paranoia against the government but the other hand how do you explain photographic evidence and the fact that they are throwing bombs at police officers? And you have a bomb strapped on you? When was the last time the aunt talked to them? Kidnapped a man, killed a police officer and I'm sure their home is booby trapped with explosives... ????

Posted by: KuMiCu | Apr 19, 2013 3:49:56 PM

8. Bonus points for the crazy Chechen Canadian Aunt schooling the reporters...You guys don't listen. You are not lawyer like me.

Posted by: HirsuteHeuristics | Apr 19, 2013 3:53:24 PM

9. Denial is not a river that runs through Egypt.

Posted by: Tom | Apr 19, 2013 4:13:40 PM

10. There is currently a documentary on PBS about the Central Park 5. In this case, confessions were coerced to create an "airtight case." I think it is especially important in cases like this, where the case seems "airtight," to hold to the simple concept of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The evidence still needs to be examined, questioned and found worthy.

Posted by: Kevin | Apr 19, 2013 4:29:40 PM

11. Yeah, because in this country, people are never set up for crimes they did not commit. Just never happens, right.

So either these are the stupidest criminals who ever managed to successfully detonate some bombs, or these guys are fall guys the government targeted to close the case, and we will never see any of them alive again.

If White Cap brother turns up dead, I'm feeling the government set-up in my gut. I somehow just can't buy two guys who were supposedly so calm as they planted bombs later falling so completely apart they decided the most subtle way to make their escape was to rob a nearby 7/11, kill a cop, and car-jack someone so they wouldn't have to drive in their own car - lest suspicions be aroused. This whole thing is not passing the smell test. Something's rotten.

Posted by: Zlick | Apr 19, 2013 4:46:45 PM

12. Thanks, Kevin, for providing some comfort of knowing that i am not the only sane, reasonable person left in the world. I otherwise have been feeling like i'm in 17th century Salem.

Posted by: Joseph | Apr 19, 2013 5:16:04 PM

13. It is amazing to me how trusting some gays are of government. The only proof we have that these 2 guys did it are blurry pictures of them....Why dont they release the footage of them placing their backpacks in the vacinity of the explosions? However the zenophobia crowd are celebrating today...they feel justified in their hatred of foreigners. These people come from countries where the oppressors do not wear smiling masks. They understand that anything is possible for the men in power.

Posted by: pedro | Apr 19, 2013 5:18:39 PM

14. If they felt they were set up, why not say that? Why not try to contact the media and get your story out there before the officers do so if anything seems off you have the upper hand? No, instead you kill a MIT campus police officer, rob a 7-11, hijack a car and throw bombs at your pursuers. They made it really REALLY hard for anyone to believe they were set up.

Posted by: Derrick | Apr 19, 2013 5:20:35 PM

15. The uncle was the only one who gave an honest interview- but it's really hard to understand why a 19 year old boy would throw away his life committing such an atrocious criminal act?

Posted by: jaragon | Apr 19, 2013 5:32:24 PM

16. @Zlick I thought you were koko until i remembered the TRILLIONS that our government pumped into our military-industrial complex after the last terrorist attack. The BILLIONS that it spent on body scanners after the unsuccessful underwear bomber, the BILLIONS it spent on missile defense after North Korea sent CNN into a 24hr BREAKING NEWS MISSLE ATTACK IMMINENT! panic mode.

Posted by: HkFca | Apr 19, 2013 5:35:11 PM

17. I have to say, so much of this does not look like a set-up. As was pointed out, why last night's crime spree WITH explosives if these are not marathon bombers? Makes no sense. But then again, neither does last night's crime spree in the first place - unless it was their elaborate method of suicide by cop. The whole thing is crazy.

Well, I hope White Cap is taken alive. I wonder why I've heard no news about this for hours. I'm at work, so no TV to stare at. But nothing on facebook since this morning. What's happening???

Posted by: Zlick | Apr 19, 2013 5:58:48 PM

18. This is a very strange case. According to interviews of the brothers' family members and friends, these two do NOT seem like the typical terrorist. How did they get radicalized? Who radicalized them?

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | Apr 19, 2013 5:59:01 PM

19. Protecting refugees we put our own in harms way. We have to start caring about our safety and over all welfare.

Posted by: Jay | Apr 19, 2013 6:07:54 PM

20. Now authorities are saying the bombing suspects did NOT rob that 7/11 ... they just happened to be there when SOMEBODY ELSE came in and robbed the joint. Wow.

Posted by: Zlick | Apr 19, 2013 6:17:21 PM

21. The father's attitude I think provides a clue as to their mindset.

Posted by: anon | Apr 19, 2013 6:42:44 PM

22. Like many parents these days, they have no idea what their children were into. They are partially to blame for being blind to what was probably going on with their kids, especially the older one. What's really sad is that the US gave this family asylum, only to have their kids strike back against the very people that welcomed them.

Posted by: mike | Apr 19, 2013 7:46:38 PM

23. The young one is too cute to be guilty.

Posted by: MateoM | Apr 19, 2013 8:58:40 PM

24. @MateoM, ROFL! Finally someone speaking from the heart and making sense...

Posted by: AriesMatt | Apr 19, 2013 9:17:02 PM

25. I saw the photo of the body of the killed brother online. Oh just Google his name and "death photo". That's an interesting story in itself. The hospital swears it was not an employee, that the body was in their morgue area and there were hundreds of "authorities" there. Apparently it ended up on "reddit" first posted by someone with "a friend sent me this!" Anybody think it may have been released to satisfy some of the anger in Boston? Like Sadam Hussain's sons death photos.

Posted by: MIke | Apr 19, 2013 9:43:52 PM