Boston Marathon Bombing | News

Boston Bombing Suspect's Father, Uncles, and Aunt Speak Out: VIDEOS

Unclee

As the manhunt for Dzhokhar Tzarnaev continues, the media has contacted two of his uncles, his father, and his aunt.

Ruslan Tsarni, an uncle who lives in Maryland, told reporters what he thought motivated them:

"Being losers.  Hatred to those who were able to settle themselves. These are the only reasons I can imagine.  Anything else, with religion, with Islam. It’s a fraud.  It’s a fake."

“Somebody radicalized them, but it wasn’t my brother,” Tsarni said of his brother, the suspect’s father, who lives in Dagestan, a Russian republic. “It’s not my brother, who just moved back to Russia, who spent his life bringing bread to their table. Fixing cars.  He didn’t have time or chance or anything.  He’s been working, that’s it.”

He implored Dzhokhar to turn himself in.

Another uncle contacted by the media said, "If they did this, I am sorry."

News media also contacted the suspect's father, who said it was a set up:

“I will never believe my boys could have done such a terrible thing,” he said in a telephone interview from Makhachkala, the capital of the Dagestan region. “I have no doubt they were set up.”

“My older son is killed and now they are after my little boy,” he said. “It is a provocation of the special services who went after them because my sons are Muslims and don’t have anyone in America to protect them.”

And the suspect's aunt, who lives in Canada, believes they were set up.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Uncle #1:

Uncle #2:

ABC News spoke with the suspect's father:

The suspect's aunt:

Comments

1. I still think that this is just a way for Obama to look tough against Muslims, and try to "make his bones" with the Republicans. It's clearly a setup. Obama should be ashamed.

Posted by: MateoM | Apr 19, 2013 10:16:30 PM

2. The psycho commenters are thick as mosquitos. And considering how much disease mosquitos spread, just as dangerous.

An Obama conspiracy? Get back on your meds.

Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow are furious it wasn't a christianist right winger? Stop huffing your ReddiWhip.

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Apr 19, 2013 10:31:15 PM

3. http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/bombingsm.jpg

OMG! Hot eraser nips! I wonder if he was uncut. Hot, hot body.

Posted by: MateoM | Apr 19, 2013 10:46:35 PM

4. LOL ,,, teenage girls and gay men think white hat boy is 'hot'. Would you think he was a hottie if your legs were blown off by the bomb he placed on the ground 10 feet from an 8 year old boy, with a smirk on is face?

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 19, 2013 11:12:15 PM

5. @Sean in Dallas: if you mean the U.S conspiracy theorists, I'd go further and suggest professionally administered, hi-dose meds. As to the alleged culprits' families, they are from Russia.

Read up on the Russian opera Khovanshchina - not the plot but the title. Political intrigue was so common in Russia that there was a Russian word ending for it - like we use "nomics" as a word ending to denote economic policy pushed by some worthy. The title was from a line roughly translated as, "I will get to the bottom of this Khovanshchina," i.e., the plot that Prince Khovansky was responsible for or associated with - in real life a rebellion against Peter the Great by Prince Khovansky, a group of religious fanatics called "The Old Believers", and the Streltsy (Russian guardsmen in the 16th to early 18th centuries who had firearms).

With a national history like that, it is surprising that the family didn't propose 5 conspiracy theories.

Posted by: Bill | Apr 20, 2013 12:15:49 AM

6. http://www.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-arrest-photo.jpg

Okay, on second thought, maybe that 26" waist and those flat abs aren't so bad.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 20, 2013 12:50:51 AM

7. I DID NOT POST the above comment,

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 20, 2013 9:23:04 AM

8. Did too.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 20, 2013 11:13:59 AM

9. I can see the aunt and uncle on SNL's weekend report

Posted by: Joe | Apr 20, 2013 12:20:43 PM

10. Russian paralegal woman sue you for make fun of her without EVIDENCE.

Posted by: Ludmilla | Apr 20, 2013 1:08:43 PM