Michigan | News | Republican Party | Tony Perkins

RNC Committeeman Dave Agema Says Schools Will Turn Kids Gay

Michigan RNC Committeman Dave Agema, who has so far refused to resign for hateful remarks about gays on his Facebook page despite being asked to by Republican leadership, had a talk with hate group leader Tony Perkins, Right Wing Watch reports.

2_agemaAgema compared homosexuality to alcoholism and drug abuse and then unleashed this zinger:

I think what the people have to know is if this passes, what will happen is it is just a progression of events that will occur. First of all, what will happen to your school kids when they are in school, it’s already being taught in a lot of places that it is an accepted lifestyle. Then the next thing that will occur is your kids will come home and say I think this is a good thing and I think I want to be one, and if you as a parent stand up and say this is against my moral beliefs and my biblical beliefs, then the next thing you’re going to get into is hate crimes because you’re speaking against something that’s been sanctioned by the state. If you look at Denmark and others then the state also tells the churches you have to marry homosexuals and if you don’t what may happen in the United States is you might lose your tax exempt status.

So this all blew up and so I made a web page here listing several other studies that show the harmful effects of the homosexual lifestyle. Just imagine this, if our kids are in school instead of being told that this is an acceptable and OK lifestyle we are actually briefed and taught the ramifications of this lifestyle, that you’re going to live twenty years less than the average person, you are going to die younger and here’s all the diseases you’re going to contract, there’d be a totally different philosophy here instead of basically telling the kids that this is good. So I think we got to go into this with our eyes wide open and what the 2 or 3 percent of homosexuals what they are doing in the United States today is trying to get the courts to do what they can’t get the individual states to do, and that’s dictate that all states will accept homosexual marriage.

(h/t zack ford at think progress)

Comments

1. please let his daughter bring home a gay, Hispanic lover wearing a Malcolm X t-shirt.

Posted by: Dan Mc | Apr 11, 2013 2:58:28 PM

2. He must be really fun at parties.

Posted by: WinnDixie | Apr 11, 2013 2:59:10 PM

3. Has anyone bothered to make a web page listing studies/evidence of the harmful effects of the heterosexual lifestyle? Or are we just using the main page of Fox News instead?

Posted by: Brian G | Apr 11, 2013 3:01:23 PM

4. Closet case. Would be interesting to see his internet browser history.

Posted by: jht | Apr 11, 2013 3:02:03 PM

5. Puh-leze, RNC, use this idiot as your spokesperson. You complain about not having spread the GOPer message in a way to persuade citizens to vote for your party at the national level. I think Agema is your man. He'll bring plenty of attention to the GOPer message. Can't wait to see him in action all over the cable news channels.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Apr 11, 2013 3:02:46 PM

6. Agema Smegma. Put a fork in it. This tool is done.

Posted by: David Hearne | Apr 11, 2013 3:04:31 PM

7. I really wonder how this is gonna impact the Michigan house, senate, and gubernatorial campaigns in 2014. At this point the democrats only need to not be Rick Snyder and they'll win the governorship. Not sure why Snyder had to stay out of it. Doesn't seem like a hard choice to denounce someone who posts rhetoric like this.

Posted by: James | Apr 11, 2013 3:05:49 PM

8. Could he be more of a closet case?
    Any 'straight' man that OBSESSED with gay men and doesn't have a hair out of place is.....GAY! STFU you closet idiot.
    These dudes are just too pathetic to not get called out....

Posted by: SFshawn | Apr 11, 2013 3:07:47 PM

9. schools can stop a gay kid from killing his/herself and from becoming anti-gay bully who drives others to take their own lives.

a school can't make you gay. a school can, and should, educate you about the realities of the world that your piece of s** parents want to shield you from.

my mother travels to schools across Toronto, elementary, middle, and highschools, talking about being the parent of two kids - one gay, one straight, and what it means to love your kids for who they are. and how all kids need to stand up for each other. and the reality is that there are kids who are going home every night to anti-gay parents.

what does this man do? encourage prejudice and hatred.

being anti-gay won't make your kids straight, or cisgendered.

it may very well drive your kids to take their own lives, or bully their classmates to suicide so they can prove to Mom and Pop how 'straight' they are.

rick warren just buried his youngest, why are so many conservatives champing at the bit to be the next to do so?

schools won't turn kids gay. schools can, and should, help gays kids survive. and help straight kids unlearn the hatred their parents felt the need to pass down.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 11, 2013 3:08:04 PM

10. Yeah, I was subjected to the heterosexual lifestyle for years, I was told it was an accepted lifestyle and sanctioned by the State and the Bible.......
    ....... but I never came home and said this was a good thing and I never wanted to be one.Then I saw all the diseases contracted by heterosexuals, cancer, obesity, stupidity,.......
    And all the states enforced this heterosexual lifestyles with institutions and social benefits, institutions of education, cultures of jock idiots, movies, rap hip-hop, constant PDA's in our faces...........

Now why didn't I just become one with all this lifestyle pressure ? The "progression of events" just never happened for me.
    Is this Dave Agema a complete fool ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Apr 11, 2013 3:13:29 PM

11. So no more schools?

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 11, 2013 3:14:28 PM

12. I live in Michigan, although in the Upper Peninsula...all the in-state (liberal) blogs refer to this guy as "the Goat Killer." I've never been able to find out why, but it seems to fit.

Posted by: Butch | Apr 11, 2013 3:16:32 PM

13. Another one like Eric Cantor with their religious beliefs. If you can't or won't check your "religious values" at the door of the State House you either shouldn't run for office or continue to hold office. We must change "Freedom of Religion" to "Freedom FROM Religion"

Posted by: mikro | Apr 11, 2013 3:17:45 PM

14. the lady doth protest too much

Posted by: Francine | Apr 11, 2013 3:19:56 PM

15. Yes, Dave.....We got to.....

Posted by: Joe | Apr 11, 2013 3:20:28 PM

16. This makes me think of Harvey Milk's great line about how if teachers had that much impact on kids there would be a lot more nuns around...

Posted by: kit | Apr 11, 2013 3:21:25 PM

17. I wasn't exposed to any type of gay culture when I was young (born in '57) and I turned out gay anyway (thank God!).

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 11, 2013 3:27:48 PM

18. Dear Dave, you forgot to put up on your website the dangers of a heterosexual lifestyle.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 11, 2013 3:35:52 PM

19. Phoebe Cates made me gay.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 11, 2013 3:37:43 PM

20. What's this crap about him refusing to resign? Does he have some kind of "no cut" contract? Can't they just fire him? Seems like a pretty sweet job if you can't be fired from it.

Posted by: anonymous | Apr 11, 2013 3:40:01 PM

21. Listening to this fool makes me want to pinch myself until I bleed. OMG. However, I'll have a cocktail and laugh at the irony of it all because once again, they've shot themselves in the foot. Will they ever #1...run out of toes or #2...drain out and expire? I'll take what's behind door #2.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Apr 11, 2013 4:13:20 PM

22. "Then the next thing that will occur is your kids will come home and say I think this is a good thing and I think I want to be one..."

Yup, this is exactly how this gay thing happens, Dave. Kids just sit up one day and think "Yeah, I want to bring on lots of prejudice and hatred toward myself, I want to be treated unfairly and not given the same rights as others, I want to be outcast from many places, even perhaps my family. That sounds like COOL!"

Yup, that's what happens alright.

What an asshat. In their twisted worldview, it's a choice. Doesn't matter that it's a horrible choice given what they believe happens to most gay people, kids are just gonna choose it cause it looks like so much fun.

Posted by: johnny | Apr 11, 2013 4:14:58 PM

23. I bet Todd Akin is his best bud.

Posted by: Tom | Apr 11, 2013 4:16:11 PM

24. I'm confused: school wasn't powerful enough to turn Agema smart, but it's powerful enough to turn kids gay?

Posted by: antb | Apr 11, 2013 4:20:35 PM

25. wow! This man has such great analytical skills and brillance.......the only thing he forgot is when your child comes home from school and says he or she wants to be gay, they can get their free toaster oven!!!

Posted by: Bernie | Apr 11, 2013 4:32:28 PM