Alan Cumming | New York | News | The Outs | Web Series

The Bonus Special of Gay Web Series 'The Outs' is Here: VIDEO

Outs2

When we last spoke with creator Adam Goldman, he had said he was going to be working on a sort of "capstone to the series" in the form of a 'Chanukah Special' which would tie up some loose ends.

It's here now, and fans of the web series won't be disappointed. Alan Cumming even makes an appearance, as himself.

Enjoy, AFTER THE JUMP...

If you haven't been following this six-episode, Kickstarter-funded serial, here are Episode 1, Episode 2Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, and Episode 6 which you may want to catch up on.

Outs1

The Outs Chanukah Special from The Outs on Vimeo.

Comments

1. The Outs needs to be picked up by like HBO!

Posted by: Geno Endicott | Apr 1, 2013 7:32:40 PM

2. The Outs needs to be picked by HBO!

Posted by: Kris | Apr 1, 2013 7:37:54 PM

3. This series has made me so ridiculously happy.

Posted by: Matthew | Apr 1, 2013 7:38:45 PM

4. I have enjoyed the heck outta this entire series. And laughed my butt off as Una declares... "I would pity you if I wasn't so busy picturing you on fire" !!

Posted by: BillinSonoma | Apr 1, 2013 8:35:47 PM

5. I'm really impressed with the whole series, and this last episode was fantastic. The voice over at the end was just perfect. I'm so sad to see it end, and I sincerely hope this is not the last we have heard of these characters.

Posted by: TDSE | Apr 1, 2013 8:54:43 PM

6. Thank you Adam and all involved. Such a great series. I thought we'd seen the last of these characters, so this was a welcome surprise.

Posted by: stranded | Apr 1, 2013 9:44:01 PM

7. Love it to teeny little bits.

Why isn't Adam Goldman more famous and clebrated than Lena Dunham ?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 1, 2013 10:36:35 PM

8. Very smart the way they did the whole thing -- and also holding back this bonus episode. I can't tell if it's just my imagination, but I think I enjoyed this one most of all.

Not one negative comment? On Towleroad? Perhaps it's just early.

Posted by: Jack | Apr 1, 2013 10:38:09 PM

9. Amazing writing, performances and real heart. Really hoping it has a shot at being picked up by HBO or Showtime. Just incredible work. Congrats to the team from The Outs for writing about gay life with such insight, humor and pathos.

Posted by: iawl | Apr 1, 2013 10:52:26 PM

10. Does anyone know where the "heart on the sleeve" cardigan. In the opening scene. Its amaze-balls.

Posted by: Zach | Apr 1, 2013 11:46:20 PM

11. this is seriously a million times better than girls...

Posted by: ajw88 | Apr 2, 2013 12:05:34 AM

12. That was a really great episode!!!

Posted by: Bill | Apr 2, 2013 12:13:15 AM

13. freaking so good and clever and well done...more please, like a huge 2nd and 3rd helping and I'll keep eating even when i'm full and going to burst. THANK YOU!

Posted by: dorishin | Apr 2, 2013 12:26:35 AM

14. Sad to see a wonderful series come to a close, but it came to a great close. I, too, feel it helped to have the finale be seen months later. I have a certain fondness for the characters, and it was nice to see this coda.

It's really one of the best web series ... not that the bar has been raised terribly high. But this one really was sweet, funny, insightful at times, had characters and performances that grew on you, and boasted very good production quality. Good job!

Posted by: Zlick | Apr 2, 2013 2:02:51 AM

15. I have no idea why a few commenters were all bitchy about this series in previous Towleroads. A few little writing and directing missteps maybe here and there along the way, sure. To be expected in this kind of work. But the acting was uniformly fine all along. And by this episode you really know a lot about the characters and the complexity of their histories together. OK, some of the characters are written maybe a bit too similarly cleverly amusing. But real life friends also can sort of develop a group comedy style. I've seen it happen. I've even known a bunch of straight people that were hilarious in a similarly snarky way with each other. Overall, nice job.

Posted by: emjayay | Apr 2, 2013 2:14:50 AM

16. Excellent as always. I'm so sad this series is over and done now! Sigh, it also makes me miss my 20s lol.

Posted by: leprechaunvict | Apr 2, 2013 2:19:05 AM

17. By far, the best episode of the series. The characters are really fleshed out here. Thanks for adding a queer Asian into the mix. From Vancouver no less! These are characters I'd really like to see more of.

Posted by: seamus | Apr 2, 2013 3:04:57 AM

18. Had to remind myself to breathe. Amazing work.

Posted by: Mike B. | Apr 2, 2013 3:22:58 AM

19. Awesome episode. Loved the 'duder' crossover - makes me happy that the makers of these two great web series know each other.

Posted by: SS | Apr 2, 2013 6:55:21 AM

20. I think it was good. The other ones were a little better, without gimmicks like frat boys and successful blogs. No offense Towle.

Posted by: Christoph | Apr 2, 2013 6:58:43 AM

21. Really a fun series and a wonderful conclusion. Like others posting, I do hope that we see more from these folks. There is a lot of talent in that group!

Posted by: Josh | Apr 2, 2013 7:09:15 AM

22. Best ep ever.

Posted by: ChicagoRick | Apr 2, 2013 7:42:46 AM

23. My favourite episode definitely.
    Great dialogue.

Posted by: Paul | Apr 2, 2013 10:45:19 AM

24. This was *THE* best!

Posted by: John Freeman | Apr 2, 2013 11:17:03 AM

25. Such a REWARDING show. It captures so many things that have just simply never been shown before on any TV series. And I love how it shows how complicated relationships have become, simply because of the way we're all connected to each other.

Posted by: Billy | Apr 2, 2013 11:22:26 AM