Alan Cumming | New York | News | The Outs | Web Series

The Bonus Special of Gay Web Series 'The Outs' is Here: VIDEO

Outs2

When we last spoke with creator Adam Goldman, he had said he was going to be working on a sort of "capstone to the series" in the form of a 'Chanukah Special' which would tie up some loose ends.

It's here now, and fans of the web series won't be disappointed. Alan Cumming even makes an appearance, as himself.

Enjoy, AFTER THE JUMP...

If you haven't been following this six-episode, Kickstarter-funded serial, here are Episode 1, Episode 2Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, and Episode 6 which you may want to catch up on.

Outs1

The Outs Chanukah Special from The Outs on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Sorry but the acting is deplorable, especially the minor actors. I had to fast forward just to get through it.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 2, 2013 11:49:15 AM

2. Just absolutely, fantastic, f-ing wonderful! Here's hoping there will be another, similarly excellent series up on the web very soon.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 2, 2013 12:19:49 PM

3. I loved the whole series. Sure gonna miss it.

Posted by: Jeffrey | Apr 2, 2013 1:18:41 PM

4. I just watched all seven episodes in a row and absolutely loved every single one. Great writing, great characters fleshed out by great talent, all around wonderful production values. More please!!

Posted by: Peter | Apr 2, 2013 4:53:22 PM

5. love it so much, please do not let it end!!!!!!

Posted by: V-8 | Apr 2, 2013 8:52:59 PM

6. Well, now that we have heard from all the friends in the cast....some reality...the acting is shallow and weak...to put it kindly. The writing has no substance whatever...none...zero...zip...meaning? There is no dramatic arc based on development of characters or plot...what plot? Oh, this is cinema verite?
    Really the people commenting above must view the Real Housewives of wherever as a cultural apex...
    Just plain bad...and I can generally find something interesting but this series is boring..boring...how can you possibly care about any of these ridiculous "people" especially that horrid best friend who gets a razzie for all time worse actress of anything...

Posted by: Pinky | Apr 3, 2013 8:44:54 AM

7. I'd never have guessed that a web series about a group of mostly gay 20-somethings in Brooklyn could hold my interest for more than two minutes...but The Outs did much more than that. Underneath the urbane snark and bitchy bon mots was a heart of compassion and genuine yearning to make their lives--and one another--better. Even when direction or the acting was a bit weak, there was enough 'arc' in the plot to carry it, and this last episode? Sasha (Oona) was so remarkable; it was that rare moment when character, writing, acting ability, direction and editing come together perfectly. Riveting and completely believable.

Adam and Sasha have real talent, as well as maturity and understanding much beyond their years. I hope their ventures together continue.

Posted by: garryo | Apr 3, 2013 10:27:03 AM

8. This series has been my guilty pleasure. I think the way it was presented was part of the thing I liked, if it had been a big production it would have lost something. I love
    Jack's little bearded boyfriend and like the guy above I miss my 20's also. JT

Posted by: daeds | Apr 4, 2013 4:20:24 PM

9. Bad haircuts, thrift store clothes, and a sense that hygiene is not a priority. I guess I am too old to understand. When I was in my 20's we always looked good whether we were dancing or riding dirtbikes.

Posted by: David Hearne | Apr 4, 2013 9:27:45 PM

10. BRAVO!
    Beautifully conceived. Superbly executed in every detail. Mature, witty wonderful. The best "hour" of TV i've seen since...the debut of Smash.

Posted by: eric | Apr 4, 2013 10:15:15 PM

11. Not perfect but I still love it!

Posted by: darkorient | Jul 12, 2013 4:40:43 PM